2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:57:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 168862 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« on: November 30, 2020, 11:36:11 PM »

Here’s an interesting name. Curtis Hertel is the Senator for Michigan’s Senate District 23, which was Gretchen Whitmer’s old district. It’s based in Lansing, and he seems to be running for congress.

I’m trying to figure out that J. E. Deikin
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 01:56:16 PM »

I wouldn’t call that trump’s influence. They’ve been doing that since the 30s
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 10:50:28 PM »

I’m ready for rouda’s return
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 10:47:43 PM »

Italy stole the election? That’s a new one....
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 12:45:13 AM »

“A country, a verb, and stole the election!”
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 11:57:14 AM »

Lol yea have a yankee carpetbagger republican come down and run against rice. That’ll go well.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 02:32:38 PM »

Lol yea have a yankee carpetbagger republican come down and run against rice. That’ll go well.

Tom Rice is so screwed that he'd lose to a literal pedophile, let alone a "Yankee carpetbagger." The GOP primary electorate in SC-07 is the Trumpiest in South Carolina - this is the only district where Trump received more than 40% of the vote in '16. Unless Trump's approval rating among Rs drops below 60% or so (very unlikely), he'll probably retire anyway.

I literally live in this district and yes it’s very trumpy but it’s also very old southern white. I can see Rice have a tough primary challenge, but he’s also been a good representative so far, pushing for some very needed infrastructure projects like a highway to MB (though this has been somewhat controversial) and an inland port in Dillon County. He’s not DOA.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 02:55:23 PM »

I literally live in this district and yes it’s very trumpy but it’s also very old southern white. I can see Rice have a tough primary challenge, but he’s also been a good representative so far, pushing for some very needed infrastructure projects like a highway to MB (though this has been somewhat controversial) and an inland port in Dillon County. He’s not DOA.

Well, I hope you're right. But how does the district being "very old southern white" help Rice? I don't get it.

I mean it’s not gonna be very open to a person literally coming down here from NYC to take down our politician.

But also looking at the past representatives for like the last thirty years (though that’s kinda hard to do) it tends to err more moderate. Edward Lunn Young, Robin Tallon, Joe Spratt, etc. While I will admit the parties have gotten a little more right and left in their electorate.

It’s also important to realize that this district is basically two COI’s kinda stuck together. The Florence area (PeeDee) and then the Grand Strand. While the grand strand is where Rice is, he’ll probably rely on more of the PeeDee. He ran ahead of Trump in the district, and has won counties such as Dillon and Hartsville by a few points more where as trump barely won them. Rice is popular, he’s a solid conservative and the only “flaw” he has is his impeachment vote. I don’t imagine that’ll be much an issue two years down the road.

Now I will also point out that Rice could very well retire in 2022. He’s had two pet projects, the inland port and extended Interstate 73 to Myrtle Beach. He’s already done the first one and has basically been entirely focused on the later ever sense. Should he get that done he could retire in 2022. (Part of me wonders if he did the impeachment vote to make it easier for him to work with democrats to get that done).
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 02:19:38 PM »

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2021/01/31/sc-rep-russell-fry-exploring-possible-run-district-seat/

Rep. Russell Fry, a republican representative who represents Garden City in Horry County, is exploring primarying Rice.

State Rep. Russell Fry said Sunday that he exploring options for a possible campaign for South Carolina’s 7th Congressional District, a seat currently held by Rep. Tom Rice. This comes weeks after Rice voted to impeach former President Donald Trump, who stands accused of inciting a deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol earlier this month.

“When you receive an unsolicited word of encouragement to run, you’re appreciative. When you receive a lot, you listen,” Fry wrote in a Facebook post. “For anyone who has ever ran for office (or had a spouse who did), it’s a big undertaking in a lot of ways. So we’re looking at it, praying for God’s guidance, and listening. Your prayers are also appreciated.”
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 02:23:23 PM »

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2021/01/28/potential-republican-challengers-eye-district-seat-following-rices-impeachment-vote/

Another source of those exploring running against Rice. Mentioned are

Horry County School Board Chairman Ken Richardson
South Carolina State Rep. William Bailey District 104
Former Myrtle Beach Mayor Mark McBride

Worth noting the Horry GOP Chair said she wants someone to primary Rice
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2021, 05:04:52 PM »

https://www.wbtw.com/news/horry-county-schools-chair-ken-richardson-announces-run-for-tom-rices-congressional-seat

Tom Rice officially has a primary challenger
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 11:54:03 PM »

TX-06 news:

So Doris Matsui is getting two new widow successors joining her
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2021, 12:50:30 PM »

Former Fox News host Eric Bolling is considering challenging either Nancy Mace (SC-01) or Tom Rice (SC-07).

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/12/eric-bolling-south-carolina-campaign-475541

inb4 Rice runs on reminding the parts of the district outside Myrtle Beach that Bolling is a Chicagoan carpetbagger.

Literally, I’m from the rest of the district and, even before his impeach vote, he was honestly the best republican we could get as he actually seemed to care somewhat about the PeeDee
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2021, 09:36:44 PM »

My ideal dream scenario for Sinema’s end is dems pick up a seat or two in the senate in 2022, Sinema gets upset she’s no longer the power holder and becomes a Republican caucusing independent but republicans rebuff her and she’s basically left alone. Tries to run and get the republican nomination in 2024 and looses. Comes third to a decent democrat who wins and some nutty republican who still is chanting “lock her up!”
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2021, 10:51:54 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird that people are announcing for congressional races in states that don’t even have the districts they’d be running in yet?
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 04:10:40 PM »

Not entirely sure what this means, but it could be relevant for the 2022 CO-04 election:

He already said he wasn’t running for Senate iirc, he’s probably retiring or running for some other statewide office?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies