2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:42:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 168659 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: February 23, 2021, 08:39:36 PM »

Good for the party at all levels, & exactly what Obama should've done during his 2 terms:

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 01:41:33 PM »

I'm pretty convinced she will. She promised to step down as the leader of house dems. You can't lead the dems in the house for 16 years only to step down to become a back bencher. Not to mentions she's pretty old and probably doesn't hate the idea of retirement

Though ngl, it'd be pretty fun to have our own Ted Heath (sans the apparent pedophilia) or Theresa May for once.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 12:49:04 PM »

Former Fox News host Eric Bolling is considering challenging either Nancy Mace (SC-01) or Tom Rice (SC-07).

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/12/eric-bolling-south-carolina-campaign-475541

inb4 Rice runs on reminding the parts of the district outside Myrtle Beach that Bolling is a Chicagoan carpetbagger.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 04:40:47 AM »

She must've seen that poll:

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 09:20:56 PM »

Ah yes, embracing a complete failure who lost the House, the presidency, & then the Senate for the GOP is their only option for a comeback. It almost makes too much sense!!
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 04:50:04 PM »

Ah yes, embracing a complete failure who lost the House, the presidency, & then the Senate for the GOP is their only option for a comeback. It almost makes too much sense!!

I don't think you can really blame Trump for losing the Senate, I mean the main reason why Republicans don't have a majority in the Senate is because they totally screwed up 2018 MT/OH/WV Sen races, Trump was popular in these three states and you can't blame him if the geniuses at the NRSC decided not to target them a bit more seriously.

I'd vigorously refute the notion that the main reason why Republicans don't have the Senate majority right now is because of that so much as it's immediately moreso due to the death from a thousand cuts that was Trump spending the 2 months between Nov. 7th & Jan. 5th actively delegitimizing elections in general - & Georgian elections in particular - & saying that his voters' votes didn't matter since it was rigged against them anyway: as it turns out, enough of his voters listened.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 01:55:17 PM »

I don't think you can really blame Trump for losing the Senate, I mean the main reason why Republicans don't have a majority in the Senate is because they totally screwed up 2018 MT/OH/WV Sen races, Trump was popular in these three states and you can't blame him if the geniuses at the NRSC decided not to target them a bit more seriously.

I'd vigorously refute the notion that the main reason why Republicans don't have the Senate majority right now is because of that so much as it's immediately moreso due to the death from a thousand cuts that was Trump spending the 2 months between Nov. 7th & Jan. 5th actively delegitimizing elections in general - & Georgian elections in particular - & saying that his voters' votes didn't matter since it was rigged against them anyway: as it turns out, enough of his voters listened.

Perdue and Loeffler received around 90% of the votes that Trump got two months earlier, besides both of them received more votes than Kemp got in 2018, so I don't think that the problem was a lack of enthusiasm among GOP voters, if you had told Perdue in November that he would get 2.2M votes in January he probably would have been very confident about the race.

What you've just said still doesn't actually negate what I said, though, & as for the bolded, it just can't be any farther from the truth when Trump's insistence that the election had been stolen from him but that he had actually won & would surely be re-inaugurated prevented Republicans from actively being able to remind the voters that control of the Senate was actually at stake & being able to appeal to suburbanite-swing voters who would've been open to the argument of putting a check on Biden's power since to do so would've been to not stick to Trump's big lie as even a 50-50 Senate would've still been controlled by Republicans if - as Trump was saying - Pence was gonna be re-inaugurated as VP alongside Trump, when many loyal Trumpists with large-enough platforms actively sought to discourage Republican turnout, & when the Republican candidates weren't enabled to distance themselves from Trump adequately enough in order to retain suburbanite-swing support. And all of that's before one even considers that the stupid-own-goal-for-the-Republicans that was the entirely-Trump-initiated debate over $2K checks took up the entirety of the campaign's final days & not only saw McConnell refuse to support it, but Perdue & Loeffler oppose it before then near-immediately backtracking given the obvious popularity thereof among even the Republican voters who they were gonna need to win: if they support them from the very beginning, or if Mitch just bites the bullet & lets it pass, or if Trump just doesn't open his stupid-for-the-Republicans mouth on it at all, then you probably see at least Perdue maintain enough ground to not lose to Ossoff by just 55K votes out of the nearly 4.5M votes cast, thereby maintaining Republican control of the Senate.

All of this is to say that if you literally change just one of these factors, then Mitch McConnell is still Majority Leader today.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 10:52:52 PM »

The DCCC released its offensive target list for 2022 yesterday:

https://twitter.com/allymutnick/status/1379424480259362818

It's obviously a much more limited list of seats (mostly just close losses in 2020), though there are a few districts that seem like possible redistricting targets - as well as ignoring several seats where redistricting will take once competitive seats off the table.

No NY-11? I guess they're confident it'll be given enough more of Brooklyn in redistricting.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 05:54:57 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP selects this dream team:
Speaker: Marjorie Taylor Greene
Majority Leader: Lauren Boebert
Majority Whip: Matt Gaetz
Caucus Chair: Madison Cawthorn

You know a majority of the GOP caucus (& in the case of the Speakership, all of it or nearly all of it, depending on just how big their majority is) would actually have to actively elect them to serve in those positions, right? Say what one may about the House Republicans, but I'd personally be very surprised if the same caucus that literally just voted 2 months ago to retain Liz Cheney in her role by a vote of 145-61 would elect any of these people to any position in their leadership ranks.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 08:35:41 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2021, 03:09:43 AM by brucejoel99 »

https://twitter.com/maxberger/status/1408802671583236098?s=19

Putting the editorializing aside I think we all knew this was bound to happen. This is a pretty blatant front group for the DCCC to protect incumbents.

At least undertaking all of this coordination out in the open for all of us to see is better than hiding & denying it, I guess. Also, it seems as if the word "progressive" has finally become the latest word to just blatantly lose anything that even resembles a coherent definition, given the article-linked-by-the-tweet's liberal usage of it therein.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 06:15:47 PM »

Oh?

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 03:46:25 PM »

"National leaders, entities and organizations have not signaled that Florida is a priority," said Ray Paultre, executive director of The Alliance, a collection of Florida progressive donors. "In fact they have signaled the opposite."

He said a core group of party leaders and donors are pushing for investments in other states.

Holy sh*t, national Democrats are finally figuring out that FL is nothing more than a complete waste of time & money. If they keep up with such a rare showing of competency, then they might just actually be able to end up keeping the House.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 01:20:25 PM »

Lmaooo good luck with that, Joe.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix