2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:28:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 169280 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2200 on: September 07, 2022, 09:03:44 AM »

Interesting that the "enthusiasm gap" is now favoring Dems. In what was thought to be a red wave year.

The question is whether it holds or whether the GOP catches up. Dem enthusiasm is almost certainly going to hold though. Dobbs really had a larger impact than many - including myself - expected. It's just that we still have 2 months to go.

If these numbers holds into the 2nd half of October, I'd be increasingly optimistic that we might actually hold the House.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2201 on: September 07, 2022, 09:07:45 AM »

Interesting that the "enthusiasm gap" is now favoring Dems. In what was thought to be a red wave year.

The question is whether it holds or whether the GOP catches up. Dem enthusiasm is almost certainly going to hold though. Dobbs really had a larger impact than many - including myself - expected. It's just that we still have 2 months to go.

If these numbers holds into the 2nd half of October, I'd be increasingly optimistic that we might actually hold the House.

We really don't have 2 months to go though. States are going to start early voting in a matter of days/weeks. I don't still see the whole "GOP can still catch up" calculation. People have been saying that for two months now...
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2202 on: September 07, 2022, 09:13:38 AM »

We really don't have 2 months to go though. States are going to start early voting in a matter of days/weeks. I don't still see the whole "GOP can still catch up" calculation. People have been saying that for two months now...

Most early voters vote Democratic though. Republicans need to work on the election day turnout.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2203 on: September 07, 2022, 09:31:14 AM »

YouGov/Economist GCB at D+6, 44-38

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/jy7xuoa0xo/econtoplines.pdf
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2204 on: September 07, 2022, 09:34:37 AM »

Most early voters vote Democratic though. Republicans need to work on the election day turnout.

Yup, this. The last 2 months were also different since Labor Day weekend is usually considered the (un)official begin of the campaign.

I'm just cautious because I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed again. I've just been fooled by the polls too often. Especially earlier polls.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2205 on: September 07, 2022, 09:36:20 AM »

Yup, this. The last 2 months were also different since Labor Day weekend is usually considered the (un)official begin of the campaign.

I'm just cautious because I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed again. I've just been fooled by the polls too often. Especially earlier polls.

Maybe in the past, but this year I disagree. The Dobbs ruling changed everything. In this day and age, people are constantly tuned in and engaged, especially in the Trump era. I feel like the Labor Day thing is just an arbitrary mark at this point.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #2206 on: September 07, 2022, 10:01:46 AM »

New Crystal Ball rating changes:

https://centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/notes-on-the-state-of-politics-sept-7-2022/

AK-AL: Safe Republican > Toss-up
MI-03: Toss-up > Leans Democratic
WA-08: Toss-up > Leans Democratic
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2207 on: September 07, 2022, 10:11:01 AM »

The basics are still bad for Democrats: President Joe Biden’s (D) approval rating, perhaps the best catch-all of the political environment, is still stuck in the low 40s, albeit after having improved from the 30s in polling averages a month and a half ago.

He's literally at 44% in the 538 RV/LV average, but sure okay
Spectator
United States

« Reply #2208 on: September 07, 2022, 10:21:15 AM »

The basics are still bad for Democrats: President Joe Biden’s (D) approval rating, perhaps the best catch-all of the political environment, is still stuck in the low 40s, albeit after having improved from the 30s in polling averages a month and a half ago.

Are we splitting hairs over calling 44% “low 40s” now? lol
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2209 on: September 07, 2022, 10:34:21 AM »

Are we splitting hairs over calling 44% “low 40s” now? lol

My point is that there is a big difference with being closer to 40 and being closer to 45. Biden's approvals are actually lining up with Obamas at this point so I just think the pundits still pulling the "Bidens approval is in the tank" is just factually wrong.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #2210 on: September 07, 2022, 11:20:33 AM »

New Crystal Ball rating changes:

https://centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/notes-on-the-state-of-politics-sept-7-2022/

AK-AL: Safe Republican > Toss-up
MI-03: Toss-up > Leans Democratic
WA-08: Toss-up > Leans Democratic
Even I think these are reasonable. Mi 03 flips unless it's the worst GOP Tsunami in recent history which I think we can rule out. Also GOP voters really screwed up in WA 08. Dunn would have been favored for sure
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2211 on: September 07, 2022, 12:43:51 PM »

This is a decline of 2 points for Dems, surprisingly.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2212 on: September 07, 2022, 12:48:55 PM »

Two weeks ago they were at D+5 and the week before that it was D+6.  Last week's D+8 appears to have been an outlier.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2213 on: September 07, 2022, 11:04:04 PM »

It's interesting to me that the GCB is D+6, but in the two questions of "who do you want to win the "Senate/House?" it's D+2 and D+1. Assuming that "no preference" in those two questions correlates roughly to "not sure" and "I would not vote" in the GCB question, the biggest difference seems to be the 13% of voters who favor divided government, who presumably tend to favor Democrats in the GCB.

Could be a theme worth watching, since in general I would assume pro-divided government voters would tend to vote against the president's party in a mid-term. Another plausible read of this discrepancy is that Democrats have stronger candidates.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2214 on: September 08, 2022, 07:31:58 AM »

It's interesting to me that the GCB is D+6, but in the two questions of "who do you want to win the "Senate/House?" it's D+2 and D+1. Assuming that "no preference" in those two questions correlates roughly to "not sure" and "I would not vote" in the GCB question, the biggest difference seems to be the 13% of voters who favor divided government, who presumably tend to favor Democrats in the GCB.

Could be a theme worth watching, since in general I would assume pro-divided government voters would tend to vote against the president's party in a mid-term. Another plausible read of this discrepancy is that Democrats have stronger candidates.

I also think it's interesting just in the sense that that many people still want divided government. I get that in theory you would think oh, it makes people work together. But in reality, we have seen that is not the case and divided government these days just equals less getting done entirely.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2215 on: September 08, 2022, 08:45:54 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2216 on: September 08, 2022, 08:47:03 AM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2217 on: September 08, 2022, 09:22:10 AM »

Republicans up 3 in Marist since the last poll taken literally on Dobbs day
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2218 on: September 08, 2022, 09:48:40 AM »

Dems now leading 45.0-43.9 on the 538 average. Highest lead since mid-November 2021 in margin and highest percentage since October 3, 2021.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2219 on: September 08, 2022, 09:51:42 AM »

I have checked and the polls for the Generic ballot in 2018 were very much correct
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2220 on: September 08, 2022, 10:01:10 AM »

I have checked and the polls for the Generic ballot in 2018 were very much correct

Yep, 538s final average pretty much nailed the final result
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2221 on: September 08, 2022, 10:28:50 AM »

A follow-up to Rick Scott previously scamming people via text messages to unknowingly donate $25 in order to inflate their figures (so egregious that even the right-wing ActBlue equivalent shut it down):

GOP donor pool unexpectedly shrinks as midterms near

Online fundraising usually ramps up dramatically and predictably over the course of an election cycle. But campaign finance data show that in the first half of this year, the number of people giving federal contributions to Republican candidates and committees through WinRed — the GOP’s widely used donation processing platform — fell to around 913,000 down from roughly 956,000 contributors during the six months prior.

By contrast, the number of donors giving to Democrats through ActBlue, their preferred online donor platform, has increased over the course of the 2022 election cycle, from about 1.9 million who gave through ActBlue to federal committees in the last six months of 2021 to 2.5 million in the first half of 2022.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2222 on: September 08, 2022, 10:43:10 AM »

Seems more like they're herding cats on undecideds.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2223 on: September 08, 2022, 11:50:59 AM »

Seems more like they're herding cats on undecideds.

The Dems were up 48-44. Hardly a bad poll, TBH.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2224 on: September 08, 2022, 12:56:21 PM »

It's not officially over but it's over at least in SEN since Rs are losing OH it's over no way Trump or DeSantis can win without either PA, WI or OH

I predict a Prez Ryan/Demings ticket 2028, 2028 won't be a redo of 2016 if we nail down OH it's over

Blks are donating to Ryan massively  online and females also for Demings, Crist and Beasley and Joe Cunningham and Barnes and Fetterman
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 157  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies