2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:40:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 168794 times)
Mechavada
The News

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: July 26, 2021, 08:10:54 PM »

I mean, they have a nine seat advantage in the House and from what I've seen so far Kevin McCarthy doesn't know what in the hell he's doing at all so this is definitely not outside the realm of possibility.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #376 on: July 26, 2021, 08:13:58 PM »

As Dr William Barber said we have 599 til the Election, D's can still win, Did you know D's are plus 7 on Generic ballot

Rs are taking advantage of Voter Suppression but if D's have a big turnout not like a typical Midterm but a Prez Election we will net gain seats, in H and Senate 230 H Seat and 52+ we want Reparations and DC Statehood
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #377 on: July 26, 2021, 11:14:46 PM »

You tell them, King!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #378 on: July 27, 2021, 01:17:33 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2021, 01:46:59 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

We're not gonna sweep every race but split voting can happen and it happens all the time in FL Crist and Rubio, Renacci and Tim Ryan, and Vernon Jones and Warnock and we can have Fink, especially between H and Prez

Don't forget Cooper and Tillis, and Brown and DeWine and Sinema and Ducey we are up on Generic ballot the same amount we won it by in 2018, by 8 pts

We still have the 1/6th Commission report as well that can damage the Rs

If Trump had the exact same Approvals Rs would be talking sweep

Also a Recall of Dunleavy is happening, it could spell big trouble I'm AO Senate race where Gross is in second place, not Lisa Murkowski
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #379 on: July 27, 2021, 07:14:11 AM »

It's best to assume that almost all of the undecideds are Republican. So the GCB's probably tied, which means a strong GOP year.

You're actually hilariously unbearable
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #380 on: July 27, 2021, 07:56:38 AM »

Generic ballot is meaningless if Newsom is in fact Recalled this September, and TMac isn't gonna win a landslide either, he has been tied to Trump

But yet Biden is at 53/39% the Same Exact Approvals he had on Election night if the Election were held today it's a 304 map but what about Newsom, and if Newsom looses which he should Elder v Villigosa race

Or if Terry McAuliffe looses which is possible
BoiseBoy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.05, S: -1.13

P P
« Reply #381 on: July 27, 2021, 10:57:37 AM »

Iowa State Senator Liz Mathis (D, SD-34) announced a run against Hinson in IA-01 today.

MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #382 on: July 27, 2021, 02:14:38 PM »

It's best to assume that almost all of the undecideds are Republican. So the GCB's probably tied, which means a strong GOP year.

Muting him and MillenialModerate on election day was the best decision I've ever made, cleared up my Atlas experience significantly.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #383 on: July 27, 2021, 06:05:01 PM »

I hope he does, if he doesn’t dems will never win the seat again
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #384 on: July 27, 2021, 10:06:54 PM »

1. Biden isn't unpopular.

2. There is evidence to suggest that off year electorates are more favorable to democrats (who are much more educated) nowadays.

3. GOP is still crazy.

4. There are more democrats than Republicans.

5. Gerrymandering favors the GOP but not as much as it did last time they drew the maps.

6. Population growth is highly concentrated in Democrats areas (even in red states) and therefore even if Republicans gerrymander, Democrats should see some benefit.

7. GOP won a lot of the low hanging fruit in 2020.  They have to defend a lot of close districts, a lot more than Democrats do. 

8. Historical norms don't always play out.  Like in GWB's first term.  Also, if historical norms played out then Biden wouldn't have won the White House while losing so many House seats. 

In short.  I've seen no good analysis here to demonstrate that the GOP is a lock for the House.  It's just some combination of "historical norms" and "gerrymandering."  Weak. 
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #385 on: July 27, 2021, 10:31:42 PM »

1. Biden isn't unpopular.

2. There is evidence to suggest that off year electorates are more favorable to democrats (who are much more educated) nowadays.

3. GOP is still crazy.

4. There are more democrats than Republicans.

5. Gerrymandering favors the GOP but not as much as it did last time they drew the maps.

6. Population growth is highly concentrated in Democrats areas (even in red states) and therefore even if Republicans gerrymander, Democrats should see some benefit.

7. GOP won a lot of the low hanging fruit in 2020.  They have to defend a lot of close districts, a lot more than Democrats do. 

8. Historical norms don't always play out.  Like in GWB's first term.  Also, if historical norms played out then Biden wouldn't have won the White House while losing so many House seats. 

In short.  I've seen no good analysis here to demonstrate that the GOP is a lock for the House.  It's just some combination of "historical norms" and "gerrymandering."  Weak. 

I don't understand why you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

The GOP needs to win a tiny tiny sliver of what dems needed to win in 2018, what repubs needed to win in 2010 or 1994, dems needed in 2006, etc.

EVEN IF DEMS MASSIVELY OVERPERFORM PREVIOUS IN-PARTY PERFORMANCES, there's still a large chance they lose the house, based purely on how tiny their majority is.

And by the way, of the special elections so far in 2021, the gop is outperforming 2020 margins by about 3%. That doesn't suggest the midterm electorate is going to be even more pro dem than 2020.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #386 on: July 28, 2021, 12:13:07 AM »

I posted this we don't know what 2022/ has in store but Breyer might retire, at the end of next Term, because if Roe is overturned, he might be turned off on politics, but Klobuchar is telling Breyer to retire now don't wait

Yeah the GOP is favored but Breyer can retire and we can win the H, and those wave insurance Senate seats, that's why Sheldon Whitehouse made the Speech today on how Conservative the Crt is, but Breyer also said he doesn't believe in Crt packing and using his seat to elevate Crt packing too

We don't know when KETANJI BROWN Jackson is gonna be Justice 2022/2024 but D's are gonna retain Senate

Watch for a retirement when 6/3 Crt overturns Roe and look for D's to Capitalize on it to win in Midterms
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #387 on: July 28, 2021, 10:38:53 AM »

Democrats lost house seats in 2020.

They’re losing a ton in 2022. I will not take anyone who claims that Democrats can keep the house seriously or even give their judgement equal footing of validity as the judgement of someone like myself.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #388 on: July 28, 2021, 10:57:30 AM »

There aren't a ton of seats for Democrats to lose. This isn't 2010 and there are no more Gene Taylors, John Spratts, etc. for Republicans to take out. At best the seats Republicans will gain are the ones that they draw for themselves and those gains will be cut in half by seats by that are being eliminated, Democrats doing their own gerrymandering in limited states and that doesn't even take into account the seats that Republicans will have to fight to hold in California. The best case scenario for Republicans is 219 seats and even that's not guaranteed.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #389 on: July 28, 2021, 11:01:47 AM »

They’re losing a ton in 2022. I will not take anyone who claims that Democrats can keep the house seriously or even give their judgement equal footing of validity as the judgement of someone like myself.

Dems don’t have nearly as many seats to lose as they did in 2010.  I don’t think Dems can keep the House, but more than a 35 seat loss is probably impossible given that Dems only hold 222 seats.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #390 on: July 28, 2021, 11:04:39 AM »

Dems don’t have nearly as many seats to lose as they did in 2010.  I don’t think Dems can keep the House, but more than a 35 seat loss is probably impossible given that Dems only hold 222 seats.

I don’t think they’re losing 60 seats.

What I did say is that they are obviously not favored to keep the house.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #391 on: July 28, 2021, 11:55:24 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2021, 12:03:49 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

As I said earlier if Breyer retires, or any type of blue wave can result in a D Trifecta, but as of now it's a Neutral Environment, with Rs taking the H and D's holding the Senate 51/49, loosing GA and Govs loosing KS and winning AZ, MD, MA and we don't know about whom is running on D's in NH but Ben Downing will beat Baker

Breyer retirement or Covid subsiding will help a blue wave, we don't know what 2022 brings and due to Covid they won't release regular polling but Fink, Ryan and Beasley and Demings are probably trailing by 5/8 pts LV not RV

Only poll out of OH had Vance 39/37

The reason why Warnock not Hassan or Nelson in WI will loose is because he is the only one that won't hit 50% due to a runoff scenario and the only state we lost in 2020 was AL  and GA is vulnerable, we lost ME but that was before Collins played her obstruction role on VR

Hassan and Nelson or any D probably reaches 50 as long as Biden reaches 50, it amazes me that users think GA is Lean D and Wzi leaks R and WI voted for the D for Prez as many times as GA voted R for Prez and Stacy Adams hasn't announced she is running
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #392 on: July 28, 2021, 07:07:04 PM »

Again, Kevin McCarthy.  KEVIN MCCARTHY.

That's all I really need to say lol.  All these guy scan make complex arguments with like stats and sh**t or whatever but if you have a leader who can't even select people for a committee I really don't know what to tell you.  I just don't.

No hard feelings man.  Just saying.
slothdem

« Reply #393 on: July 28, 2021, 10:02:30 PM »

It's simultaneously true that as of now Republicans are favored to retake the House in 2022 and also if the election was held today, Democrats would win the House NPV by a substantial margin. Both can be true and it's not a contradiction. (1) Republican gerrymandering will produce a house map more favorable to republicans, and (2) the electoral environment will probably (but not definitely) get worse for Democrats.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #394 on: July 30, 2021, 06:56:22 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2021, 07:00:53 PM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

The 'law-and-order outlaw', who almost won the Republican primary in 2020, is running again for (if redistricting allows) Matt Cartwright's seat.

This doesn't compare to the 'Clancy Brown's Dan Crenshaw' ad, but it's something.

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #395 on: July 31, 2021, 02:27:27 PM »

(this is probably the wrong thread for this, feel free to move)

I’m really torn here, personally — on the one hand, I’d love to see Manchin get humiliated because this guy is one of those individuals who derives particular pleasure from the game he plays and probably couldn’t handle losing; on the other hand, I wouldn’t entirely put it past Republican strategists to find a way to screw up this race or past WV voters to fall for his con job yet again, and the prospect of six more years of him in the Senate is actually really horrifying, however unlikely it may be (and I don’t think it’s any more likely than Likely R). Ideally, he runs for GOV in 2024, wins that race, and then goes full IceSpear on his voters, but it won’t happen because we can’t have nice things in this world.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #396 on: August 02, 2021, 06:00:33 AM »

The 'law-and-order outlaw', who almost won the Republican primary in 2020, is running again for (if redistricting allows) Matt Cartwright's seat.

This doesn't compare to the 'Clancy Brown's Dan Crenshaw' ad, but it's something.

Oh, so after the GOP had the Prez, House, and Senate from 2016-2018, we're still doing the whole 'our voices aren't being heard' nonsense? lmao
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #397 on: August 02, 2021, 09:04:54 AM »

Nothing says "man of the people" like a slickly produced announcement video that probably cost at least half a million dollars even before the consulting firm's profit.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #398 on: August 02, 2021, 11:15:38 AM »

I would be surprised if this person is in the next Congress, but a credible challenger as it stands.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #399 on: August 02, 2021, 11:23:26 AM »
« Edited: August 02, 2021, 11:31:57 AM by Adam Griffin »

I'm not sure why this would be a particularly irritating statement to anybody. It turned out (mathematically, at least) to be the case in 2014, 2016, 2020...

At any rate, given the midterm climate, reapportionment shifts and once the GOP redraws the suburbs since they're no longer GOP strongholds like in 2011, Democrats losing a dozen seats seems perfectly realistic even if we win by the same PV margin as in 2020.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 157  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies