2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:21:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 169312 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: December 22, 2021, 11:35:07 AM »

NJ map is a major loss for the Republican Party and people who like competitive elections. Probably should have seen this coming when Rabner appointed the man Christie screwed off of the Supreme Court.

Haven't actually seen the Republican map to compare it so I'll hold off on saying the process was blatantly rigged; early indication to me is that they pushed for too much.

NJ-02 and NJ-07 will likely be competitive in presidential years though
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #951 on: December 22, 2021, 11:40:41 AM »

NJ map is a major loss for the Republican Party and people who like competitive elections. Probably should have seen this coming when Rabner appointed the man Christie screwed off of the Supreme Court.

Haven't actually seen the Republican map to compare it so I'll hold off on saying the process was blatantly rigged; early indication to me is that they pushed for too much.

But what Republicans did in OH and NC is just fine?
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #952 on: December 22, 2021, 11:42:57 AM »

But what Republicans did in OH and NC is just fine?

Absolutely braindead reply. Handle yourself.

NJ-02 and NJ-07 will likely be competitive in presidential years though

NJ-02 will not be competitive again; it's now even more strongly Republican and trending only further in that direction. NJ-07 may be. Either way, we went from four competitive seats to one here.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #953 on: December 22, 2021, 12:14:59 PM »

Found the R map here: https://newjerseyglobe.com/campaigns/we-have-the-democratic-and-republican-congressional-maps-heres-whats-being-proposed/

Looks like it largely kept things the same except for really going after Malinowski hard, which is what you'd expect given Tom Kean Jr.'s strength in the party.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #954 on: December 22, 2021, 02:59:35 PM »

https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/monmouth-democratic-leader-recruiting-virginia-congresswoman-to-challenge-chris-smith/

Lol. I couldn't make this up if I tried.
kwabbit

« Reply #955 on: December 27, 2021, 02:02:25 PM »

How does YouGov/the Economist actually have a D +9 generic ballot? That is such a glaring error that one would think they would make efforts to change their methodology to achieve more realistic results. Their approval numbers for Biden are reasonable, so why is the GCB so extreme. How are they sampling so many Biden disapprove/congressional Dem supporting people?
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #956 on: December 27, 2021, 02:35:12 PM »

How does YouGov/the Economist actually have a D +9 generic ballot? That is such a glaring error that one would think they would make efforts to change their methodology to achieve more realistic results. Their approval numbers for Biden are reasonable, so why is the GCB so extreme. How are they sampling so many Biden disapprove/congressional Dem supporting people?

Is it worse than the Rasmussen R+10 from a while back? I don't think so. Just because it does not line up with your priors it does not make it wrong. That having been said D+9 is probably an outlier IMO but like all polls it should be thrown in the average.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #957 on: December 27, 2021, 02:51:57 PM »

It depends on turnout obviously Turnout is gonna be lower than 80/75 because it's a Midterm but if it's 65/60M Electorate we can still hold the blue wall because Newsom won bye the same margin and Terry lost because all of our Federal candidates weren't on the ballot TERRY lost bye 2 in Spanberger District

It's about holding the 304/234 blue wall and then going from there
kwabbit

« Reply #958 on: December 27, 2021, 02:52:33 PM »

Is it worse than the Rasmussen R+10 from a while back? I don't think so. Just because it does not line up with your priors it does not make it wrong. That having been said D+9 is probably an outlier IMO but like all polls it should be thrown in the average.

The R+10 result is definitely hard to believe as well, but ABC/WaPo and CNBC also had R+10, and they are both quite good posters. A reasonable prior should be something like R+4, given the results of high-quality firms, Biden's approvals, and actual election results. The current average is shaped in large part by mediocre online firms given that few live-caller pollsters have been in field lately. There is a very wide gulf between online and live-caller at the moment in terms of CGB.

I'm not saying to not throw it in the average. The poll was conducted honestly and any poll that was conducted honestly has some value. My question is why is The Economist satisfied with their polling? They are not running a functionally partisan operation like Rasmussen/Trafalgar, so one would think they wouldn't want to put out results over 10 points from any reasonable assessment of the truth. Given that they also use this data as an essential part of their data journalism operation, they should be seeking something that is more truthful.
BoiseBoy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.05, S: -1.13

P P
« Reply #959 on: December 28, 2021, 04:18:04 PM »

Slotkin announces reelection campaign in new Lansing based MI-07 seat.

BoiseBoy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #960 on: December 28, 2021, 05:15:29 PM »

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #961 on: December 29, 2021, 06:40:24 AM »

Yes, it is. Nothing right now supports the idea of Dems even slightly winning the national popular vote.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #962 on: December 29, 2021, 08:23:36 AM »

Yes, it is. Nothing right now supports the idea of Dems even slightly winning the national popular vote.

I agree that D+9 doesn’t make sense, but Biden’s approvals have rebounded marginally in the last month.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #963 on: December 29, 2021, 08:29:51 AM »

I agree that D+9 doesn’t make sense, but Biden’s approvals have rebounded marginally in the last month.

If this is a rebound, I don't want to know what a falling out is.

That week or so where it went down to -6 was also around the time the Biden administration pressured the media to be even more favorable to him, and a bunch of the media polls that are usually better for him came out.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #964 on: December 29, 2021, 09:29:48 AM »

We still have 10 mnths left and we didn't win 40 seats on Jan 2018, contrary to what Rs think we gotten we were expected to gain 10 seats in 2018 it expanded on Oct 2018 to 40 seats in the H

Election Guy and Rs think the EC map reflects now, but it's the End results and we should at very least win the 304)234 blue wall because the Insurrectionists Commission and Ron Johnson praised Insurrectionists, is gonna drop a bombshell on Trump right before the Election

Biden went from 13 pts down to a tie against Trump
Junior Chimp

« Reply #965 on: December 30, 2021, 11:57:20 AM »

Cook's David Wasserman: Republicans CLEAR Favourites to take House Control

https://www.cookpolitical.com/ratings/house-race-ratings
BoiseBoy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #966 on: January 01, 2022, 02:07:43 PM »

Trump has endorsed Mary Miller in Illinois, she will be running against Mike Bost in the new super safe IL-12.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #967 on: January 02, 2022, 05:57:20 PM »

I'm actually more pessimistic about Kelly and Cortez-Masto than I am about Warnock and Hassan.
BoiseBoy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #968 on: January 03, 2022, 06:38:49 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #969 on: January 04, 2022, 10:01:25 AM »

Suffolk has GCB at D+2 but with way too many undecideds

Democrats 39%
Republicans 37%

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/01/04/gop-midterm-red-flag-bidens-leadership-challenge-usat-suffolk-poll/9078226002/?gnt-cfr=1
BoiseBoy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #970 on: January 04, 2022, 01:05:00 PM »

Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #971 on: January 04, 2022, 02:08:47 PM »

One poll, lots of undecided but a 10 point swing towards the Democrats since their last poll in November.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #972 on: January 05, 2022, 10:19:19 AM »

CLF endorses 11 candidates as "Trailblazers": https://news.yahoo.com/top-outside-group-backing-house-115934976.html

Juan Ciscomani (AZ-06)
Esther King (IL-17)
Amanda Adkins (KS-03)
Bruce Poliquin (ME-02)
Ryan Zinke (MT-01)
Tom Kean Jr. (NJ-07)
Morgan Luttrell (TX-08)
Monica De La Cruz Hernandez (TX-15)
Wesley Hunt (TX-38)
Jen Kiggans (VA-02)
Derrick Van Orden (WI-03)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #973 on: January 05, 2022, 11:28:14 AM »

I'm actually more pessimistic about Kelly and Cortez-Masto than I am about Warnock and Hassan.

I feel like Cortez-Masto is the most vulnerable bc NV seems a little up in the air and actually trended a bit right in 2020. AZ has been inching left and Kelly's not very divisive. Warnock and Hassan are def safer IMO
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #974 on: January 05, 2022, 04:39:00 PM »

CLF endorses 11 candidates as "Trailblazers": https://news.yahoo.com/top-outside-group-backing-house-115934976.html

Juan Ciscomani (AZ-06)
Esther King (IL-17)
Amanda Adkins (KS-03)
Bruce Poliquin (ME-02)
Ryan Zinke (MT-01)
Tom Kean Jr. (NJ-07)
Morgan Luttrell (TX-08)
Monica De La Cruz Hernandez (TX-15)
Wesley Hunt (TX-38)
Jen Kiggans (VA-02)
Derrick Van Orden (WI-03)
What part of KS Supreme Court is 5-2 D do these people not understand?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 157  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies