2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:56:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 169305 times)
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: November 07, 2021, 01:41:06 PM »

I think it'll be either 54 or 55 Republicans in the Senate come 2023. That hinges on Colorado. That would mean the tipping-point state is the one Democrats lose by the largest margin, which I think is Arizona.

I don't see Democrats losing Nevada or Colorado. Even in the 2010 Wave they managed to hold those States.

In the 2010 NV Sen race, the Republicans ran a really terrible canidate against an entrenched Senate majority leader who constantly won by close margins and the rurals were a lot less red back then for the Senate races. In 2012, Dean Heller managed to held on even in a bad year for the GOP up and down the ballot. In 2018, Rosen only won by 5 in a blue wave year.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #701 on: November 07, 2021, 02:06:10 PM »

GG 70-80 seats

I just find it amazing how the Democrats are always elected to clean up the messes left by Republicans, but then the voters decide to hand power back to the Republicans because they don't think the Democrats are cleaning up fast enough.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #702 on: November 07, 2021, 02:07:31 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #703 on: November 07, 2021, 02:10:12 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2021, 02:13:24 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

This sort of speculation is a little silly considering redistricting isn't finished yet.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #704 on: November 07, 2021, 02:11:41 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2021, 02:26:45 PM by Mr.Phips »

This is sort of speculation is a little silly considering redistricting isn't finished yet.

Yeah redistricting probably will raise the floor somewhat for Dems while also lowering their ceiling.  For instance, Dems are likely to lose FL-07, NC-01, GA-06, VA-07, FL-13, OH-13, and TX-15 in redistricting.  Well, if the swing is this bad, they would have lost those seats anyway.

It would be quite scary for Dems if they actually fall below their post 1928 low of 188 seats (reached in 1946 and 2014).
Junior Chimp

« Reply #705 on: November 07, 2021, 02:46:32 PM »

The "BUILT BACK BETTER" Plan will define Democrats in 2022. Yes, they might get Progressives energized and riled up BUT they likely will lose a ton of Suburban Voters, particularly moms in the processs.

Democrats have been put into a corner thanks to Jayapal, AOC and the House Progressive Caucus.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #706 on: November 07, 2021, 02:59:06 PM »

The American public is like the narrator from the song "Mamma Mia!" by ABBA. We've been cheated by the GOP for decades, so we vote them out. But then we vote them back in. When will we ever learn?

Narrator: When it's too late.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #707 on: November 07, 2021, 03:03:30 PM »

The American public is like the narrator from the song "Mamma Mia!" by ABBA. We've been cheated by the GOP for decades, so we vote them out. But then we vote them back in. When will we ever learn?

Trump did a better job than Biden so far. And I didn't vote for Trump in either 2016 or 2020.

And one of Biden's only good accomplishments - his infrastructure bill - got numerous GOP votes. The senate GOP allowed it to easily pass filibuster.
AZDem
Rookie

« Reply #708 on: November 07, 2021, 08:42:36 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2021, 08:50:06 PM by AZDem »

Trump did a better job than Biden so far. And I didn't vote for Trump in either 2016 or 2020.

It's easy to do a good job when you inherit pretty robust economic growth and decreasing unemployment from your predecessor and then still manage to have slower economic growth in your first 3 years after passing a massive tax cut that didn't make sense. All while you increased the national debt and are now trying to blame the Democrats for the money you put on the credit card.

But CRT!, WOKENESS!, DR SEUSS!, BIG BIRD!, ABORTION!, THE GAYS!, MASKS!, VACCINES!

That's ok. Your party is about to make it next to impossible for the Dems to win in the next few years so you all get to own any and all disasters that befall us. If history is any indication, they will happen because your party can't actually govern, just dole out tax cuts to the wealthy, shut down the government, and then turn around and rack up more debt when corporations need a bailout. We've seen the both movie and the sequel and it gets worse each time. Only maybe you'll actually be left having to clean up the mess.

Can't wait for your your party to try to impeach Biden for whatever reason you decide will help your cause. It'll probably be Afghanistan or Hunter.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #709 on: November 07, 2021, 08:49:59 PM »

It's easy to do a good job when you inherit pretty robust economic growth and decreasing unemployment from your predecessor and then still manage to have slower economic growth in your first 3 years after passing a massive tax cut that didn't make sense. All while you increased the national debt and are now trying to blame the Democrats for the money you put on the credit card.

But CRT!, WOKENESS!, DR SEUSS!, BIG BIRD!, ABORTION!, THE GAYS!, MASKS!, VACCINES!

That's ok. Your party is about to make it next to impossible for the Dems to win in the next few years so you all get to own any and all disasters that befall us. If history is any indication, they will happen because your party can't actually govern, just dole out tax cuts to the wealthy and then turn around and rack up more debt when corporations need a bailout. We've seen the both the movie and the sequel and it gets worse each time.

Can't wait for your your party to try to impeach Biden for whatever reason you decide will help your cause. It'll probably be Afghanistan or Hunter. Good luck!

You're screaming into the void. I don't support half of the things you describe, nor am I a partisan Republican. I am very clear what the democratic party should do to get back my vote in 2022. I voted for Hillary / Stacey Abrams / Joe Biden and currently plan on voting almost exclusively GOP in 2022.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #710 on: November 08, 2021, 06:26:48 AM »

The "BUILT BACK BETTER" Plan will define Democrats in 2022. Yes, they might get Progressives energized and riled up BUT they likely will lose a ton of Suburban Voters, particularly moms in the processs.

Democrats have been put into a corner thanks to Jayapal, AOC and the House Progressive Caucus.

I'm not sure where this narrative is coming from that BBB is some progressive wishlist, but it's not ... accurate at all  Why would suburban women backlash at getting paid family leave and universal pre-K? I feel like this entire narrative is just being made up out of thin air.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #711 on: November 08, 2021, 06:28:25 AM »

And one of Biden's only good accomplishments - his infrastructure bill - got numerous GOP votes. The senate GOP allowed it to easily pass filibuster.

What did Trump get accomplished in year one? Literally just corporate tax cuts. Biden is on track to probably pass 3 huge bills in year 1.

It's honestly like people don't want to give Biden the credit he deserves, and as usual, for some reason, want to give the GOP some benefit of the doubt that is not provided to Dems. The GOP really did a great job last time they had a trifecta, didn't they? Sure, let's go back to that!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #712 on: November 08, 2021, 06:30:07 AM »

Sorry for triple post, but I'm not sure if anyone posted that list from NRCC / Kevin McCarthy where he added like 10 new districts to their 2022 list, and that list, among others, included VA-10 (Wexton, which was still like D+4 last week despite Youngkins win), and.... PA-04, Madeleine Dean. My home district.

Uh, Kevin, Biden won by 26% in Montco in 2020, Dean won by 20%, and McLaughlin will win by about 21% *this year* in Montco (most of PA-04), so... good luck with that
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #713 on: November 08, 2021, 08:43:03 AM »

jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #714 on: November 08, 2021, 08:59:46 AM »

I doubt GOP is really ahead in the GCB by 7 or 8.  A lot of this are marginal Dems not saying they will vote Dem due to the most recent drubbing in elections due to the embarrassment factor.  They will still mostly turnout in 2022 and vote Dem.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #715 on: November 08, 2021, 09:32:50 AM »

I doubt GOP is really ahead in the GCB by 7 or 8.  A lot of this are marginal Dems not saying they will vote Dem due to the most recent drubbing in elections due to the embarrassment factor.  They will still mostly turnout in 2022 and vote Dem.

Not to mention people - as always - are promoting the worst possible poll for Dems instead of going by the average, which is still D+1, b/c there is other polls that are not showing anywhere near that amount.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #716 on: November 08, 2021, 09:43:54 AM »

Yup, especially with such a high number of undecided. A 44-37% for example is a different lead than polls showing a race at 52-45%.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #717 on: November 08, 2021, 09:45:55 AM »

Russian bear love to post polls favoring Rs a yr before the Election anyways these polls don't matter until Aug 22 anyways
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #718 on: November 08, 2021, 09:50:40 AM »

Russian bear love to post polls favoring Rs a yr before the Election anyways these polls don't matter until Aug 22 anyways

Yes, I do! But this time I posted Nate Cohn's take, that this results are consistent with VA/NJ outcomes.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #719 on: November 08, 2021, 09:56:44 AM »

There is also, fairly or unfairly, enormous frustration with the perceived failure of Democrats to accomplish anything folks care about (no one remembers the stimulus checks and the public wrongly believes the economy has gotten worse under Biden).  In terms of the low hanging fruit, passing the even the House’s version BBB would go a really long way.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #720 on: November 08, 2021, 10:48:45 AM »

There is also, fairly or unfairly, enormous frustration with the perceived failure of Democrats to accomplish anything folks care about (no one remembers the stimulus checks and the public wrongly believes the economy has gotten worse under Biden).  In terms of the low hanging fruit, passing the even the House’s version BBB would go a really long way.

Yeah, if BBB passes before years end, nobody can use the 'biden didn't get anything done' in good faith anymore.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #721 on: November 08, 2021, 10:56:54 AM »

Shri Thanedar might launch a primary challenge against Tlaib.

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #722 on: November 08, 2021, 11:04:30 AM »

Hot take: It will be a bigger red wave than 2010.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #723 on: November 08, 2021, 11:05:48 AM »

Keep in mind - there will also be less competitive districts next year.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #724 on: November 08, 2021, 11:11:39 AM »

Biden Approvals are near where he won the NPVI he won by 50/45 is all where he needs to be by in order to get a 304 map

BIDEN DIDNOT WIN 60/40% HE WON BY 50/45 ITS A 304 MAP PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Snowlabrador you predicted Warnock and Gary Peters to lose and they won
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 157  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies