2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:08:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 168553 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2021, 08:08:17 AM »
« edited: April 02, 2021, 08:14:38 AM by Frenchrepublican »

Ah yes, embracing a complete failure who lost the House, the presidency, & then the Senate for the GOP is their only option for a comeback. It almost makes too much sense!!

I don't think you can really blame Trump for losing the Senate, I mean the main reason why Republicans don't have a majority in the Senate is because they totally screwed up 2018 MT/OH/WV Sen races, Trump was popular in these three states and you can't blame him if the geniuses at the NRSC decided not to target them a bit more seriously.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2021, 08:12:48 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2021, 08:15:58 AM by Frenchrepublican »

I didn't realize CO was doing new lines this year. So what will Boebert's district likely look like in 2022?

She's a grifter. Boebert isn't losing.

Boebert is beatable with the right candidate and a little luck, but Donovan is very much the wrong type of Democrat to flip this district.

Boebert is probably not beatable under the current lines, if the district becomes more competitive, yeah she would be vulnerable, but CO has a non partisan commission so it's a bit unlikely her district will become much more left leaning
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2021, 09:01:15 AM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2021, 04:50:04 PM »

Ah yes, embracing a complete failure who lost the House, the presidency, & then the Senate for the GOP is their only option for a comeback. It almost makes too much sense!!

I don't think you can really blame Trump for losing the Senate, I mean the main reason why Republicans don't have a majority in the Senate is because they totally screwed up 2018 MT/OH/WV Sen races, Trump was popular in these three states and you can't blame him if the geniuses at the NRSC decided not to target them a bit more seriously.

I'd vigorously refute the notion that the main reason why Republicans don't have the Senate majority right now is because of that so much as it's immediately moreso due to the death from a thousand cuts that was Trump spending the 2 months between Nov. 7th & Jan. 5th actively delegitimizing elections in general - & Georgian elections in particular - & saying that his voters' votes didn't matter since it was rigged against them anyway: as it turns out, enough of his voters listened.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #179 on: April 03, 2021, 12:49:42 PM »

I'd vigorously refute the notion that the main reason why Republicans don't have the Senate majority right now is because of that so much as it's immediately moreso due to the death from a thousand cuts that was Trump spending the 2 months between Nov. 7th & Jan. 5th actively delegitimizing elections in general - & Georgian elections in particular - & saying that his voters' votes didn't matter since it was rigged against them anyway: as it turns out, enough of his voters listened.

Perdue and Loeffler received around 90% of the votes that Trump got two months earlier, besides both of them received more votes than Kemp got in 2018, so I don't think that the problem was a lack of enthusiasm among GOP voters, if you had told Perdue in November that he would get 2.2M votes in January he probably would have been very confident about the race.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2021, 01:55:17 PM »

Perdue and Loeffler received around 90% of the votes that Trump got two months earlier, besides both of them received more votes than Kemp got in 2018, so I don't think that the problem was a lack of enthusiasm among GOP voters, if you had told Perdue in November that he would get 2.2M votes in January he probably would have been very confident about the race.

What you've just said still doesn't actually negate what I said, though, & as for the bolded, it just can't be any farther from the truth when Trump's insistence that the election had been stolen from him but that he had actually won & would surely be re-inaugurated prevented Republicans from actively being able to remind the voters that control of the Senate was actually at stake & being able to appeal to suburbanite-swing voters who would've been open to the argument of putting a check on Biden's power since to do so would've been to not stick to Trump's big lie as even a 50-50 Senate would've still been controlled by Republicans if - as Trump was saying - Pence was gonna be re-inaugurated as VP alongside Trump, when many loyal Trumpists with large-enough platforms actively sought to discourage Republican turnout, & when the Republican candidates weren't enabled to distance themselves from Trump adequately enough in order to retain suburbanite-swing support. And all of that's before one even considers that the stupid-own-goal-for-the-Republicans that was the entirely-Trump-initiated debate over $2K checks took up the entirety of the campaign's final days & not only saw McConnell refuse to support it, but Perdue & Loeffler oppose it before then near-immediately backtracking given the obvious popularity thereof among even the Republican voters who they were gonna need to win: if they support them from the very beginning, or if Mitch just bites the bullet & lets it pass, or if Trump just doesn't open his stupid-for-the-Republicans mouth on it at all, then you probably see at least Perdue maintain enough ground to not lose to Ossoff by just 55K votes out of the nearly 4.5M votes cast, thereby maintaining Republican control of the Senate.

All of this is to say that if you literally change just one of these factors, then Mitch McConnell is still Majority Leader today.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2021, 08:57:30 AM »

Lognog
United States

« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2021, 09:05:21 AM »

That's going to be an R +20 district lol
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2021, 09:22:57 AM »

Running for the House, not Senate.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2021, 10:51:54 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird that people are announcing for congressional races in states that don’t even have the districts they’d be running in yet?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2021, 12:20:40 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird that people are announcing for congressional races in states that don’t even have the districts they’d be running in yet?

I guess it allow you to raise funds
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2021, 08:45:16 AM »

A very useful reading about Senate elections :

beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2021, 11:19:27 AM »

Didn't see this had been mentioned anywhere:

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2021, 11:44:35 AM »

Lol this district probably isn't even going to exist in the next election.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2021, 11:59:53 AM »

A very useful reading about Senate elections :

*SNIP*

Stating the obvious pundit talking points isn’t really that useful, suggesting that IA could come into play is as outright delusional as thinking that Tim Kaine could lose in 2018 after Trump had already won, using what is increasingly becoming an inherently subjective/meaningless criterion ("problematic candidate") as input into your model is problematic, and identifying 49% as the "breaking point" at which the Senate should be considered a true Tossup is fairly generous to Democrats. This is way too reliant on uniform swing as well.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2021, 10:29:11 PM »

The DCCC released its offensive target list for 2022 yesterday:

It's obviously a much more limited list of seats (mostly just close losses in 2020), though there are a few districts that seem like possible redistricting targets - as well as ignoring several seats where redistricting will take once competitive seats off the table.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2021, 10:52:52 PM »

https://twitter.com/allymutnick/status/1379424480259362818

It's obviously a much more limited list of seats (mostly just close losses in 2020), though there are a few districts that seem like possible redistricting targets - as well as ignoring several seats where redistricting will take once competitive seats off the table.

No NY-11? I guess they're confident it'll be given enough more of Brooklyn in redistricting.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #192 on: April 08, 2021, 12:21:42 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2021, 01:01:08 PM by The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow »

The four California seats and TX-24 are by far the five easiest targets on the list (not counting AZ-02, which shouldn't really be on there to begin with). I have an extremely hard time seeing any of the others flipping in a neutral or GOP-favorable midterm, aside from NY redistricting shaking things up there.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2021, 12:33:05 PM »

Huge news out of VA-02. Jen Kiggans is a State Senator in a Clinton district that no Republican has carried in a statewide race since.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2021, 12:39:07 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2021, 12:43:24 PM by Congrats, Griffin! »

Huge news out of VA-02. Jen Kiggans is a State Senator in a Clinton district that no Republican has carried in a statewide race since.

Cooch carried it in 2013 and Gillespie did in 2014.  Frank Wagner represented this district for quite a while before Kiggans.  And Kiggans only won her first (and as of right now, only) term by the skin of her teeth.  Clinton carried it by less than 0.3%.  I'm not saying Kiggan's not a solid recruit - she may very well be - but I wouldn't call this huge news either.  It's not too different from any other time a party recruits a decent candidate for a competitive House district.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2021, 02:21:01 PM »

The four California seats and TX-24 are by far the five easiest targets on the list (not counting AZ-02, which shouldn't really be on there to begin with). I have an extremely hard time seeing any of the others flipping in a neutral or GOP-favorable midterm, aside from NY redistricting shaking things up there.

I don't really see the point of targeting the two districts in Missouri/Indiana.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2021, 02:29:02 PM »

Solid recruit for the GOP. Redistricting probably won't shift this seat much in either direction.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2021, 01:29:30 PM »

Solid recruit for the GOP. Redistricting probably won't shift this seat much in either direction.

Already she has strong competition.

Wormless Gourd
cringenat
United States

« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2021, 09:22:42 AM »

Large Q1 hauls for Rs in close seats and NV-4's D
Elise Stefanik raised $1.1 mil
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix