2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:11:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 169081 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: July 06, 2022, 09:02:59 AM »

The GCB question in the Economist/YouGov weekly tracker had an error and has been removed from their data for surveys prior to this week, with the following disclaimer:

The results for the question, "If an election for U.S. Congress were being held today, who would you vote for in the district where you live?" that were previously included in this document are no longer being reported after YouGov discovered a programming error that resulted in some registered voters not being asked the question. Since the people asked were not a representative sample of all registered voters, the data does not meet YouGov’s standards and has been removed.

The problem has been corrected for this week's survey, which shows D 43, R 40.

Would make sense why it randomly shifted to R+5 the past few weeks.

Though 43-40 is still useless though with so many undecideds, ugh.

Yes, it would.  I've dropped a note to 538 suggesting they remove the broken ones from their database.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1601 on: July 06, 2022, 09:14:02 AM »

The GCB question in the Economist/YouGov weekly tracker had an error and has been removed from their data for surveys prior to this week, with the following disclaimer:

The results for the question, "If an election for U.S. Congress were being held today, who would you vote for in the district where you live?" that were previously included in this document are no longer being reported after YouGov discovered a programming error that resulted in some registered voters not being asked the question. Since the people asked were not a representative sample of all registered voters, the data does not meet YouGov’s standards and has been removed.

Yes, it would.  I've dropped a note to 538 suggesting they remove the broken ones from their database.

Would also make sense as we noted last week - there was a huge disparity between the "preferred outcome" questions (D+2) and the GCB question (R+5)

Hopefully 538 drops them.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1602 on: July 06, 2022, 09:19:54 AM »

Insights has D's 47/42 in GCB
https://mobile.twitter.com/polltrackerusa
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1603 on: July 06, 2022, 09:44:39 AM »

Would also make sense as we noted last week - there was a huge disparity between the "preferred outcome" questions (D+2) and the GCB question (R+5)

Hopefully 538 drops them.

G. Elliott Morris has a Twitter thread with more details on the methodology error at https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1544674762332557313.  He notes that the error was present in all surveys from April 30 through last week's.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1604 on: July 06, 2022, 02:56:42 PM »

Malinowski (NJ-7) raises $1.3M in Q2, has $4.2M cash on hand

https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/malinowski-scores-humungous-fundraising-haul-in-nj-7-re-election-bid/
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1605 on: July 06, 2022, 03:07:09 PM »

One of the seats that Dobbs is a bad bet for Rs, even if Kean wins the GOP is on borrowed time here.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1606 on: July 06, 2022, 07:05:59 PM »

> Pat Ryan (D, NY-19) raised over $1M in the 6 weeks since announcing his campaign; nearly 40% of which came in the week following the Dobbs ruling

> Susan Wild (D, PA-07), raised over $1M in Q2, contributions online from new donors doubled after Dobbs ruling

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/06/democrats-roe-v-wade-fundraising
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1607 on: July 06, 2022, 07:40:42 PM »

I got a reply that said they were going to keep the problematic polls in the database for now.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1608 on: July 07, 2022, 08:22:26 AM »

I got a reply that said they were going to keep the problematic polls in the database for now.

I was wondering, since they hadn't been removed yet. Total bad call by 538, the polls own organization said the data was terrible, so I can't imagine a single reason why they would need to keep them in at all.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1609 on: July 07, 2022, 01:41:48 PM »

Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1610 on: July 07, 2022, 04:27:25 PM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1611 on: July 07, 2022, 04:33:45 PM »

Trone barely does his job as a Congressman anyway, so I'm not sure why he feels the need to pump so much of his personal fortune into keeping his seat.

Can't wait until Foldi shows him the door.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1612 on: July 07, 2022, 05:00:50 PM »

Trone barely does his job as a Congressman anyway, so I'm not sure why he feels the need to pump so much of his personal fortune into keeping his seat.

Isn't Parrott the favorite for the GOP nomination? Not sure a reporter for the Free Beacon who looks like he is 17 is that big of a threat in a Biden+10 district.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1613 on: July 07, 2022, 05:04:03 PM »

Isn't Parrott the favorite for the GOP nomination? Not sure a reporter for the Free Beacon who looks like he is 17 is that big of a threat in a Biden+10 district.

Foldi has been endorsed by Hogan and McCarthy.

Admittedly, I'm biased since I'm friends with Foldi and volunteering on his campaign. But he is working the district extremely hard while Parrott is barely campaigning. I think Foldi's youthfulness will prove to be a good contrast to Trone in the general.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1614 on: July 07, 2022, 05:10:58 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2022, 05:50:49 PM by Minnesota Mike »

Foldi has been endorsed by Hogan and McCarthy.

Admittedly, I'm biased since I'm friends with Foldi and volunteering on his campaign. But he is working the district extremely hard while Parrott is barely campaigning. I think Foldi's youthfulness will prove to be a good contrast to Trone in the general.

You would know the Republican race better than I. I was going off fundraising and 538 having Parrott being the likely GE candidate. Still looks like a likely D race to me though.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1615 on: July 07, 2022, 06:03:42 PM »

JM1295
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1616 on: July 07, 2022, 07:39:16 PM »

Speaking of MD-06 and Foldi...

philly09

« Reply #1617 on: July 09, 2022, 01:58:28 AM »

Big Village
July 1-3. 1,008 A

Registered Voters:

Democrats 47.4%   

Republicans 41.6%

Would Not Vote 6.4%

Third Party Candidate 4.6%

Adults:

Democrats 40.5%

Republicans 36.3%

Would Not Vote 17.9%

Third Party Candidate 5.3%

This the highest the Democrats have gotten in these polls so far.

philly09

« Reply #1618 on: July 09, 2022, 02:04:37 AM »

With 11% Not sure.

40I, 32D, 27R

35% voted for Biden, 33% Did not vote, and 32% voted for Trump.

64% say Biden won legit, 36% say he did not. An improvement.

Democrats need to get the I's. If the 11% goes for them it's D14
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1619 on: July 09, 2022, 01:15:39 PM »

538 still refusing to remove the wrong YouGov/Economist polls.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1620 on: July 10, 2022, 01:02:48 PM »

From a Democratic strategist, but still interesting:

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1621 on: July 11, 2022, 11:57:42 AM »

This is a typical midterm, Dems will lose big time, the only question is when do the polls move in the GOP favor like they did for 2014.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1622 on: July 11, 2022, 01:26:15 PM »

This is a typical midterm, Dems will lose big time, the only question is when do the polls move in the GOP favor like they did for 2014.

Before this Spring I would have agreed with this, but things have changed.  A typical midterm features high motivation by the party out of power and lower motivation by the party in power.  The overturning of Roe v Wade, by all indications, is amping up Democratic energy to a competitive level.  This is not to say that the normal midterm advantage for the out party has been wiped out; that is unlikely.  But it's fair to say that it looks like the advantage will be considerably reduced from a typical midterm.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1623 on: July 11, 2022, 01:29:27 PM »

Before this Spring I would have agreed with this, but things have changed.  A typical midterm features high motivation by the party out of power and lower motivation by the party in power.  The overturning of Roe v Wade, by all indications, is amping up Democratic energy to a competitive level.  This is not to say that the normal midterm advantage for the out party has been wiped out; that is unlikely.  But it's fair to say that it looks like the advantage will be considerably reduced from a typical midterm.

Or more likely , elections are just high turnout now and we aren’t ever going back to pre Trump era voter turnout .  Keep in mind the Virginia gubernatorial race was very high turnout for an off year election as T-Mac won more votes than Northam and still lost .

Junior Chimp

« Reply #1624 on: July 11, 2022, 01:37:12 PM »

Or more likely , elections are just high turnout now and we aren’t ever going back to pre Trump era voter turnout .  Keep in mind the Virginia gubernatorial race was very high turnout for an off year election as T-Mac won more votes than Northam and still lost .

Yes, I whole heartedly agree what OSR is saying here. The Notion that Higher Turnout automatically benefits Democrats is becoming a false narrative. Harry Enten of CNN already debunked it.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 157  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies