FT 19.10 Lumine Act (Statute)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:30:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 19.10 Lumine Act (Statute)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 19.10 Lumine Act (Statute)  (Read 700 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 21, 2021, 02:23:22 AM »
« edited: April 24, 2021, 06:06:42 PM by Anna Komnene »

A BILL
To honor Lumine's contributions to the advancement of performing arts in the Republic of Atlasia.

Be it enacted by the Parliament of Frémont assembled;
Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Lumine Act.

Section 2. Naming the Regional Center for the Arts

1. Whereas, the Reuental Media Group has received near universal and unrivaled acclaim for such distinguished musicals as The Convention, The Death of Kings, Discord, and The Atlasians.
2. Whereas, said musicals have contributed to the advancement of performing arts and history throughout the Republic of Atlasia by fostering a spirit of fellowship, camaraderie, and joy.
3. Whereas, the Commonwealth of Frémont wishes to honor LumineVonReuental for his contributions in the performing arts, as well as his distinguished service to the region in a myriad of public offices.
4. The Frémontian Center for the Arts established under the Sacagawea Regional Heritage Act is hereby renamed the Lumine Regional Center for the Arts.

Section 3. Reuental Media Group Historical Repository

1. $5 million is appropriated to the Lumine Regional Center for the Arts for the purpose of establishing a Reuental Media Group Historical Repository for preserving and displaying costumes, props, photographs, scripts, personal artifacts, posters, and other vintage memorabilia from Reuental Media Group musicals.

Section 4. Subsidizing Low Cost Performances

1. $20 million is appropriated annually to the Lumine Regional Center for the Arts for the purpose of covering all operating expenses on the condition that the center provide reduced cost ticket options for students from schools in low income areas.

Section 5. Support for School Drama Programs and Scholarship Fund

1. $50 million is appropriated annually for the Lumine Regional Center for the Arts to provide programs and assistance to school drama programs in the region, as well as to establish a scholarship fund to help students with financial needs attend college to study theater, dance, or other performing arts.
2. At least one musical from the Reuental Media Group collection shall be put on per year, to be performed by a cast and crew of scholarship fund recipients.

Section 6. Effectiveness

1. This act shall be effective immediately upon passage.
Sponsor: Siren

The curtains are open.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 02:46:26 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2021, 02:51:55 AM by Anna Komnene »

I wrote this bill to recognize the contributions of my friend and our former distinguished Pontifex Maximus, Lumine, has made with his series of Atlasian musicals. Not only are they extremely well written and fun but also help bring people together after what can be a very different kind of post-election drama. This act seems especially fitting after the news of The Atlasians success at the 63rd Grammy Awards!

My original idea was to create a regional theater, but as it turns out, we already have one thanks to former First Minister Kamala. Still, the Frémontian Center for the Arts could use a more interesting name, and I can't think of anything more fitting than Lumine after all the work he's put into making musical theater in Atlasia a thing. Section 3 establishes a museum of sorts at the theater to preserve a collection of memorabilia from his musicals for posterity. Section 4 turns the regional center for the arts into a true "regional theater" by providing annual funding to support the theater in exchange for increasing access to low income students. And Section 5 was actually Lumine's idea. When I asked him what he'd like to see in this bill, he suggested that the center support the region's school drama programs to make sure young people aspiring to perform in the theater can have that chance to achieve their dreams.

I'm looking forward to working with you all to make this bill the best it can be, so we can hopefully pass it during the encore!
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 09:24:12 AM »

I entirely agree with the Speaker's opinion of Lumine's artistic contributions, which are masterful, and as someone who has extremely fond memories of his school drama class experiences, I find Section 4 and Section 5 just heart-warming.
So in substance, I strongly support this bill. I don't even know if it needs improvement, but I'd like to give my contributions.

I think we could specify a set period of the year for the performance at §5(2) - presumably at the end of the school year in early summer.

I would also support introducing a penalty to pay for anyone who utters the name of The Scottish Play inside the regional theatre. Tongue
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 06:44:04 AM »

I am very content with the fact the there are quite a number of bills introduced this session with the aim of promoting cultural education for everybody. I will happily vote for all of those proposals.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 04:02:43 PM »

I entirely agree with the Speaker's opinion of Lumine's artistic contributions, which are masterful, and as someone who has extremely fond memories of his school drama class experiences, I find Section 4 and Section 5 just heart-warming.
So in substance, I strongly support this bill. I don't even know if it needs improvement, but I'd like to give my contributions.

I think we could specify a set period of the year for the performance at §5(2) - presumably at the end of the school year in early summer.

I would also support introducing a penalty to pay for anyone who utters the name of The Scottish Play inside the regional theatre. Tongue

@Timing - that's a good idea. Does June sound good?

@Scottish Play - Hahaha we wouldn't want bad luck in our theater!  Terrified
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 08:17:48 AM »

@Timing - that's a good idea. Does June sound good?

@Scottish Play - Hahaha we wouldn't want bad luck in our theater!  Terrified

I would introduce the following amendments:

Quote from: Amendment
1. $50 million is appropriated annually for the Lumine Regional Center for the Arts to provide programs and assistance to school drama programs in the region, as well as to establish a scholarship fund to help students with financial needs attend college to study theater, dance, or other performing arts.
2. At least one musical from the Reuental Media Group collection shall be put on per year, to be performed by a cast and crew of scholarship fund recipients during the month of June.

Quote from: Amendment
Section 6. Theatrical Superstitions
1. Any person who will utter the name "Macbeth" inside the Lumine Regional Center for the Arts, other than as called for in the script while rehearsing or performing, shall be required to make an offer not inferior to $1 that will help funding the scholarship established in §5, and to perform the following ritual to remove the curse: leave the room occupied when the name was mentioned, spin around three times, spit, curse, and then knock to be allowed back in.

Section 6. 7. Effectiveness

The second amendment is facetious. Feel free to ignore it if you wish.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 11:35:39 PM »

Lumine is great.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 11:38:22 AM »

The first amendment is adopted.

I'll take Battista's suggestion to ignore the second one officially on account of it being facetious. But I hope the theater students might develop something like that on their own!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 11:24:40 PM »

I motion for a final vote. 24 hours for objections.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 10:59:04 AM »

No objections.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 11:51:46 AM »

It's time for the curtain call. We'll now have a final vote. Members please vote AYE (Bravo), NAY (Boo), or ABSTAIN (Crickets).

A BILL
To honor Lumine's contributions to the advancement of performing arts in the Republic of Atlasia.

Section 1. Title

1. Whereas, the Reuental Media Group has received near universal and unrivaled acclaim for such distinguished musicals as The Convention, The Death of Kings, Discord, and The Atlasians.
2. Whereas, said musicals have contributed to the advancement of performing arts and history throughout the Republic of Atlasia by fostering a spirit of fellowship, camaraderie, and joy.
3. Whereas, the Commonwealth of Frémont wishes to honor LumineVonReuental for his contributions in the performing arts, as well as his distinguished service to the region in a myriad of public offices.
4. The Frémontian Center for the Arts established under the Sacagawea Regional Heritage Act is hereby renamed the Lumine Regional Center for the Arts.

1. $5 million is appropriated to the Lumine Regional Center for the Arts for the purpose of establishing a Reuental Media Group Historical Repository for preserving and displaying costumes, props, photographs, scripts, personal artifacts, posters, and other vintage memorabilia from Reuental Media Group musicals.

1. $20 million is appropriated annually to the Lumine Regional Center for the Arts for the purpose of covering all operating expenses on the condition that the center provide reduced cost ticket options for students from schools in low income areas.

2. At least one musical from the Reuental Media Group collection shall be put on per year, to be performed by a cast and crew of scholarship fund recipients during the month of June.

Section 6. Effectiveness

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 11:52:46 AM »

Bravo! (Aye) 👏
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 11:58:04 AM »

Bravo.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2021, 12:25:09 PM »

Aye
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2021, 08:09:48 PM »

Yea
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2021, 05:59:37 AM »

Yes
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2021, 08:24:23 PM »

Aye!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2021, 01:57:24 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2021, 03:54:22 PM by Anna Komnene »

With 6 votes in favor, this bill has passed the Frémont Parliament! 👏👏👏

A BILL

Section 1. Title

Section 6. Effectiveness

Frémont House of Commons
Passed 6-0-0 in the Frémont Parliament Assembled,

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies