WANTED: new comptroller general (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:12:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WANTED: new comptroller general (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WANTED: new comptroller general  (Read 509 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: November 22, 2020, 01:40:56 PM »

I was indeed contacted to help in the budgetary process, but as I mentioned in the Lincoln budget thread I'm both A. not legally allowed to take on duties which are explicitly given to the Comptroller General (unless I were to take a very broad and wide-ranging definition of the actual scope of my powers) and B. both not knowledgeable enough in economics and already rather overwhelmed with my present duties as it is, meaning I have a substantial GM backlog still to address (which I probably won't be able to for a few days yet).

I would like to say I think the existence of the position is a very positive thing - I would not have been able to take on the GM job if the Comptroller General wasn't a separate position -, but much like the actual GM office it does require a reasonably active and committed officeholder. Particularly because the office is bound to receive some rather daunting requests in terms of costing stuff or working on budgets.

There really isn't an immediate solution to this other than private initiative, Blairite returning to active duty or finding a new Comptroller General (which will take time due to the need for a confirmation), but it does raise once again the issue of how much the Game Engine depends on one or two individuals, which is obviously problematic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies