WANTED: new comptroller general (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:04:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WANTED: new comptroller general (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WANTED: new comptroller general  (Read 504 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: November 21, 2020, 01:45:19 PM »

Blairite has been inactive for months dating back to August/September. He didn't respond to several requests made by both DTC and I for budget adjustments and projections in the South. There was a monthly economic report that came out in September but to my knowledge it has been radio silence ever since.
Can confirm this —FT has been trying to get budget numbers from Blairite as well, with no success.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 09:18:50 PM »

We need to require legislators to score their own bills
"Want to run for Lincoln Assembly Council? Please demonstrate your mathematical ability."

Yeah no.

Real life has the congressional budget office and it works

why we can't find someone who can be active no matter who is in power is beyond me.

Because having a fake internet job where you do tons of math and don't get rewarded for it is boring lmao
Exactly. Hence why making that every job would be a disaster.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 09:21:31 PM »

To summarize a conversation I had earlier on Discord, this is an old problem, and legislative reform won't fix it. The practical solution as Ted says is for individual legislators to take on the burden themselves —but some people won't be up to that, while others will, so it's not a good idea to make a strict rule about it. There is always going to be this hole in the boat —we can't fix it, and we can't get a new boat, so we try to plug it up the best we can and keep going.

I will also point out that the budget process is much more important than the actual numbers themselves from a gameplay standpoint, so while of course we want to be realistic, it's okay if the math isn't exactly right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies