Rasmussen: TX Sen. Hutchison (R) 53%, Radnofsky (D) 34%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:23:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Rasmussen: TX Sen. Hutchison (R) 53%, Radnofsky (D) 34%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: TX Sen. Hutchison (R) 53%, Radnofsky (D) 34%  (Read 2100 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 22, 2006, 03:32:36 AM »

The latest Rasmussen Reports election poll in Texas finds current Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R) ahead of her opponent, lawyer Barbara Ann Radnofsky (D), 53% to 34%.

Our previous survey found Hutchison leading 60% to 32%.

Radnofsky recently blamed Hutchison of voter dissatisfaction with state and national leadership on government spending, immigration reform and hurricane relief.

As with other states along the Mexican border, immigration is a serious issue in Texas.  While Texas voters generally trust Republicans more than Democrats on the issue, 39% say President Bush is doing a poor job handling the nation’s immigration policy.

Overall, 33% of the state’s voters strongly disapprove of the way that fellow Texan George W. Bush has performed his role as President.

Senator Hutchison is seen in a much more positive light. Forty-percent (40%) of likely voters have a Very Favorable opinion of the Senator.  Only 12% have a Very Unfavorable impression of her.

For Radnofsky, the numbers are 10% Very Favorable and 15% Very Unfavorable.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2006/State%20Polls/May%202006/txsenate.htm
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 08:40:51 AM »

Surprisingly close.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 08:44:26 AM »

This is clearly a sign of Radnofsky's strength. I hear the Dems are moving their sights from pickups that they're guarenteed (Virginia, Arizona, etc.) to this tossup race.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 08:54:03 AM »

This is clearly a sign of Radnofsky's strength. I hear the Dems are moving their sights from pickups that they're guarenteed (Virginia, Arizona, etc.) to this tossup race.

Glad to hear it, Phil, but I was merely surprised that a no-name Dem in a statewide race in Texas is down by fewer than 20.  53% for Hutchison isn't too hot.
Know Your Rights!
ABAsite
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 09:18:58 AM »

Sarcasm?

I'm surprised Radnofsky's only down 19%. Too bad she'll probably get dragged down by Bell.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 12:12:54 PM »

Glad to hear it, Phil, but I was merely surprised that a no-name Dem in a statewide race in Texas is down by fewer than 20.  53% for Hutchison isn't too hot.

Except I was saying it to express that this poll is bogus and even if it wasn't, the Dem hacks on here would find some way to say that this one could get "interesting."

Sarcasm?

I'm surprised Radnofsky's only down 19%. Too bad she'll probably get dragged down by Bell.

Of course it was sarcasm.

Radnofsky isn't going to be dragged down by anyone. She's a Dem running against a popular Republican incumbent in a heavily Republican state. She had no chance from the start. I can't believe people are seriously discussing this race.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 05:54:41 PM »

I generally like Hutchinson.  She seems like a real Texas Republican (as opposed to a former Democrat like so many other Texas Republicans).
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 01:35:42 AM »

If you believe this poll, then you must be Harry.

This confirms my suspicions that the Rasmussen Texas Gov. sample was too Democratic as well, though.

HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 02:42:54 AM »

Radnofsky isn't going to be dragged down by anyone. She's a Dem running against a popular Republican incumbent in a heavily Republican state. She had no chance from the start. I can't believe people are seriously discussing this race.

But I heard some little boy on the east coast was rooting hard for her!
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 01:31:18 PM »

I'm switching this race to a tossup.

No, not really. I think if Radnofsky is really lucky, she will get more than 35% of the vote.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 10:26:23 PM »

Radnofsky is a joke. She's one of those people they put on the ticket because no one wanted to kill their political carrer by running against the incumbent. I will say that it's suprising to see KBH under 60%, considering that she is in the top 10 most approved of senators. However, I wouldn't cream my knickers if I was a Democrat. This is as close as this election is getting.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 11:57:16 PM »

thanks for the random personal attack...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 01:32:12 AM »

thanks for the random personal attack...

It was a tongue-in-cheek remark at some of your maps, which are the only ones I've seen showing Texas falling to the Dems.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies