2 Iron Range DFL senators including former minority leader leave DFL ! Now indpendents.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:37:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2 Iron Range DFL senators including former minority leader leave DFL ! Now indpendents.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2 Iron Range DFL senators including former minority leader leave DFL ! Now indpendents.  (Read 1707 times)
warandwar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 02:55:44 PM »

I have a somewhat complex opinion of the old Farmer-Labor Party, while their policies and what they generally accomplished for the state were good, a fact that's become mostly forgotten today is that they also served as a political front for Eastern European organized crime organizations that were big in Minneapolis at the time.

The muckracking journalist Walter Liggett was murdered by mobsters after reporting on links between the mobsters and Farmer-Labor politicians.
What? See I'd rather this corruption than modern nonsense.
https://www.minnesotamonthly.com/archive/cold-blooded/
BRTD bringing back the old time Minnesota racism complaining about the FLP's links to swarthy bohunks.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2020, 11:29:43 PM »

I have a somewhat complex opinion of the old Farmer-Labor Party, while their policies and what they generally accomplished for the state were good, a fact that's become mostly forgotten today is that they also served as a political front for Eastern European organized crime organizations that were big in Minneapolis at the time.
The muckracking journalist Walter Liggett was murdered by mobsters after reporting on links between the mobsters and Farmer-Labor politicians.
What? See I'd rather this corruption than modern nonsense.

^^^^
THIS
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 07:46:36 PM »

Ah, yes. Some serious Once Upon A Time In America vibes to the dear old FLP.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2020, 04:31:39 AM »

The Iron Range outside of Duluth and Cook County is about to get Arkansas’d.
It held on this year. Democrats should invest in tourism in the region, best way to ensure they stay Dem.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies