Are Republicans less nervous about Texas because of Florida? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:02:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Are Republicans less nervous about Texas because of Florida? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are Republicans less nervous about Texas because of Florida?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Are Republicans less nervous about Texas because of Florida?  (Read 1651 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: November 22, 2020, 06:58:18 AM »

I'd say they're less nervous about Texas because of Texas. Florida can be attributed to Cuban-specific issues. Texas Hispanics are harder to ignore.

If we assume NC Yankee's hypothesis plays out (and I think 2020 confirms this), we'll eventually see a Sun Belt Democrats vs Rust Belt GOP alignment at the presidential level. The problem for the GOP is that the Sun Belt is realigning much faster than the Rust Belt. It's one thing to trade AZ and GA for PA and WI, but losing Texas would put the GOP at quite the disadvantage.

While, I think in the very long run, the GOP will lose Texas, the Hispanic trend buys the GOP time to:

1) Continue efforts to bring along additional states to offset the loss of Texas.
2) Get some close results and hopefully scare the state GOP into contesting the state properly like Florida.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies