Are Republicans less nervous about Texas because of Florida? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:48:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Are Republicans less nervous about Texas because of Florida? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are Republicans less nervous about Texas because of Florida?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Are Republicans less nervous about Texas because of Florida?  (Read 1626 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: November 21, 2020, 07:37:52 PM »

The next two Election cycles are gonna benefit D's in FL, due to DeSantis only winning by .05 and Rick Scott winning by the same amount. 

Castros aren't running for Senate or Gov they have a last name defect, that's why they only ran for Prez.  The days are over for Valdez and HEGAR candidates

So does anyone ever understand his takes? There's no like persisting logic from one to another right?
He is an established Atlas meme and you must be really careful to never slander the great Olakawandi. Leader of the SECULAR AUTHORITARIAN SUNBELT STACK!

(Seriously read the thread on best of OC in the forum community, you won’t regret it)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 07:41:52 PM »

Texas is definitely a must-win for any GOP nominee, but I'm less worried about it now than before the election.  Without the big RGV swing towards Trump, he wins it by like 2 rather than the 6 points he actually won it by.

The real question is whether the RGV swing is permanent (educational realignment) or whether it largely reverts back.  Or Trump had a unique appeal to these voters.
I am probably one of the few people who thinks it’s a long term trend.
It’s not just Trump, it appears that some of the Texas House districts had swings to the GOP in 2018 compared to 2016. Unless you buy that Hillary was the greatest candidate on Earth for the RGV.
Luckily the suburbs would probably outweigh the RGV swing anyways if current trends continue, but yeah I don’t see a bounce back and people calling it a one-time thing are usually partisan hacks who want to cope with the fact that they don’t have a monopoly on the Latino vote.

Plus with the education divide growing, why should anyone be shocked that a highly uneducated region is swinging R, even if it makes no seemingly logical sense?

Looks like these voters finally bought into the culture war stuff. Oh well, they can hurt themselves I guess like the West Virginians, lol.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies