Solomon Islands to ban Facebook (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:02:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Solomon Islands to ban Facebook (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Solomon Islands to ban Facebook  (Read 667 times)
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: November 18, 2020, 07:37:45 AM »

Of course the above ignores the fact that banning Facebook - arguably the biggest source for alt-right poison on the planet - might actually be a *good* thing?

Twitter is in many ways awful, but can also be useful. Nobody actually *needs* Facebook.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 08:17:33 AM »

Of course the above ignores the fact that banning Facebook - arguably the biggest source for alt-right poison on the planet - might actually be a *good* thing?

Twitter is in many ways awful, but can also be useful. Nobody actually *needs* Facebook.
Are you actually going to argue this? Its obviously censorship, and their government was receiving a lot of criticism of Facebook. Its clear they care more about power than their people, and that this move was to silence them. This has nothing to do with the alt-right, how is that even relevant to the Solomon Islands? And I don't supported infringing on free speech because of people saying things I don't like. When you allow tyrants to take away people's fundamental rights, they're destined to take away your rights too.

My point is simply that FACEBOOK IS BAD. Nothing more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies