2020 if Sherrod Brown is the nominee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:26:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 if Sherrod Brown is the nominee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 if Sherrod Brown is the nominee  (Read 502 times)
WPADEM
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2022, 08:07:53 PM »

Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown runs for the Presidency after the Democrats take the U.S. Senate in 2018 and the Ohio Governorship, while picking up 60 House Seats. Brown is dark horse candidate who captures the nomination with ease.  He reprises his "Dignity of Work," message in his 2020 campaign. Major focuses of his campaign are on Job creation, Infrastructure, Health Care Reform, Fighting the Opioid Epidemic, Reforming Immigration. And of course Covid-19.

What happens?
kwabbit

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 09:23:39 PM »

I think Brown would do marginally better in the popular vote, but he would actually do worse in the Electoral College. Biden was a good candidate for the Sunbelt. I think Brown narrowly loses Arizona and Georgia, while narrowing margins in IA and OH and having wider margins in PA, WI, MI.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 10:55:42 PM »

I think Brown would do marginally better in the popular vote, but he would actually do worse in the Electoral College. Biden was a good candidate for the Sunbelt. I think Brown narrowly loses Arizona and Georgia, while narrowing margins in IA and OH and having wider margins in PA, WI, MI.

I think he would've won at least one of them, more likely AZ than GA.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 10:54:52 AM »

Possible last hurrah for the OH and IA Dems due to his Obama-like Midwestern appeal, but as said before possibly running behind Biden in the Sunbelt. Hard to say, simply due to polarization. But it looks like Trump had a much worse midterm than he actually did here so he must be more unpopular in 2020?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies