10k posts AMA - Del Tachi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:10:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  10k posts AMA - Del Tachi
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 10k posts AMA - Del Tachi  (Read 1729 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2021, 03:18:49 AM »
« edited: March 06, 2021, 03:24:08 AM by Lechasseur »

And what's your opinion of Louisiana?
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2021, 03:36:32 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2021, 03:49:16 AM by Radically celibate, involuntarily feminist »

The Riviera and Lombardy.  I stayed in Nice for a few weeks during the summer of 2015, so we would sometimes pop over to Ventimiglia or San Remo.  Spent a weekend in Milan that summer too and while I liked the fashionable nightlife there, the city seemed dirty and not ancient or romantic enough (like how I had envisioned Italy in my head, lol.)  Oh well, Dolce vita, Milano da bere.

The place I most want to visit in Italy is Florence, and I regret not making a bigger effort of going that summer.

Yeah I've never been to the parts of Italy you've been to.

I've been to Tuscany (Florence, Siena, Pisa, Livorno), Lazio (Rome), Umbria (Perugia, Todi), Campania (Naples, Pompeii) and Sicily (Palermo).

Florence was by far my favorite place in Italy. Absolutely gorgeous city with lots of history and actually is pretty interesting even beyond the monuments and stuff (it's the place out of those mentioned I would most be able to see myself living in). Siena would be my second favorite. However, I found Pisa quite underwhelming (worth going if you're in the area to see the Leaning Tower and the Cathedral, but seemed pretty boring beyond that), and I did not care for Sicily at all. Naples probably has the most beautiful natural landscape in all of Italy, definitely so out of the places I've been too. I've only seen comparable landscape in terms of beauty in Southern Bavaria/Salzburg state and the Rhone-Alpes region in France.

I have already told you this (I may as well repeat it here for Del Tachi), but I really don't understand how one can love Florence so much and then find Pisa generally boring. Pisa has many parts that really resemble Florence and has plenty of other things worth a visit - the flea market of Loggia dei Banchi, the museum of Palazzo Blu, the museum of Palazzo Reale, Piazza dei Cavalieri, the church of Santa Maria della Spina which is right on the bank of the Arno, Keith Haring's last mural...
Also, Pisa is very much a university town - this sounds like it should appeal Del Tachi, although I may be wrong.

EDIT: I talked about this with my mother and she generally agrees with you, lol... what can I say, I have been to Pisa countless of times because it is where my university lies, so I probably have explored the city more than most.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2021, 12:43:37 PM »

Do you have a favorite part of your state? (Mine is Foxworth - one of the top ten most beautiful places I've been).
My response here is going to be largely sentimental because MS has always been home for me.  Starkville is where I went to undergrad and I think it's generally the most underrated SEC college town, so it would have to be my favorite.  I also really enjoy the northeast corner of MS (where a lot of my dad's family is from) for its outdoor activities.  If you're visiting from out of state and want to see something unique, I would suggest Winsdor Ruins or Red Bluffs.

Do you prefer the title "American Hero" or, more simply, "Legend"?
American Hero, although I guess it would depend on the context.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2021, 12:51:48 PM »

When do you estimate is the first time MS votes for the Dem in a 21st century presidential election?

If we treat this purely as a function of race, then as soon as 2032 I think would be possible in a strong national environment for the Democrats.  By the 2040s, I would expect Mississippi to be truly competitive in an even national election.

However, I don't think its as straightforward a racial calculation as many would think.  There's potential for MS to start shrinking (or growing) much faster than it is now in a way that would change the demographic future of the state, for example, or the GOP could make significant gains among rural Blacks (which, based on 2020 trends wouldn't nessecarily be that far-fetched IMO.) 
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2021, 01:03:37 PM »

Which country did you like best out of those you visited?

The United States, duh

Runner-up is France, actually; I just love the food and language.  Italy is beautiful and has great weather but I am not as familiar with it as France.

And where in France and Belgium did you go?

Stayed for two weeks in Nice one summer with a friend who was living there at the time.  We traveled around the French and Italian Rivieras some, from Cannes to San Remo.  It was great, I loved Nice.

I have been to Paris a handful of times as well; the trip to Belgium was just a day/night in Antwerp on a spring break trip when I went to Holland with some coeds. 
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2021, 01:07:53 PM »

And what's your opinion of Louisiana?

Massive FS.  My mom spent a lot of her childhood in Louisiana and we have family there, so I still manage to go quite often.  New Orleans has always intrigued me in so many different ways - it has a cool antique/art dealing scene that has been drawing me down there as of late.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies