Cook Swingometer - Can anyone manipulate it to show the actual results?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:21:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Cook Swingometer - Can anyone manipulate it to show the actual results?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cook Swingometer - Can anyone manipulate it to show the actual results?  (Read 473 times)
icemanj
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2020, 08:29:17 PM »

https://cookpolitical.com/swingometer

I can't seem to do it. I can't get both GA and AZ to flip without taking NC/FL with them first.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 08:29:58 PM »

I don't think it's possible. Maybe because Latinos in different states are very very different.
E-Dawg
Guy
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 09:38:12 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2020, 09:43:21 PM by Guy »

BOOM!!!

This took a painful 30 minutes to accomplish, but damn was it worth it. Because Arizona has a much larger Native American population than Florida, I increased Asian/Other turnout dramatically and made them slightly more Democratic to flip Arizona but not Georgia, Florida, or North Carolina. I then increased black turnout slightly to flip Georgia, North Carolina, and Florida to blue. I then made Hispanics more Republican and increased turnout, which flipped Florida and North Carolina back to Republican, but was not sufficient to Flip Arizona or Georgia back. Arizona stayed blue because of the larger Native population, Georgia stayed blue due to the higher black population. Then the map above was produced. It was an extremely close call. Arizona was decided by 0.4%, North Carolina by 0.8%, NE-2 by 0.5%, and Georgia and Florida both by 0.1% (!)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 09:41:34 PM »

BOOM!!!

This took a painful 30 minutes to accomplish, but damn was it worth it. Because Arizona has a much larger Native American population than Florida, I increased Asian/Other turnout dramatically and made them slightly more Democratic to flip Arizona but not Georgia, Florida, or North Carolina. I then increased black turnout slightly to flip Georgia, North Carolina, and Florida to blue. I then made Hispanics more Republican and increased turnout, which flipped Florida and North Carolina back to Republican, but was not sufficient to Flip Arizona or Georgia back. Arizona stayed blue because of the larger Native population, Georgia stayed blue due to the higher black population. Then the map above was produced. It was an extremely close call. Arizona was decided by 0.4%, North Carolina by 0.8%, NE-2 by 0.5%, and Georgia and Florida both by 0.1% (!)

Neat!

Is there any way to replicate the clear, 2004 style Trump win in Florida without flipping AZ/GA?  I'm guessing not?
E-Dawg
Guy
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 09:49:19 PM »

BOOM!!!

Neat!

Is there any way to replicate the clear, 2004 style Trump win in Florida without flipping AZ/GA?  I'm guessing not?
Do you mean a 3 point Trump Florida win? If so, it's not gonna work with tinkering my above numbers, because making any group more Republican would also flip Arizona and Georgia with it because of how insanely close all those are. I doubt it is possible, but maybe some genius here could figure out a way.
icemanj
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 09:52:39 PM »

BOOM!!!

Nice! I tried doing the same thing with the Asian/Other slider but the other ones must have been off.
E-Dawg
Guy
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 10:14:55 PM »

BOOM!!!

Nice! I tried doing the same thing with the Asian/Other slider but the other ones must have been off.
Yeah, that one slider is not sufficient, it has to be coupled with changing the Black and Hispanic numbers as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies