Describe a Bush '00, Kerry '04, Obama '08, Romney '12, Clinton '16, Trump '20 voter?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:39:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Describe a Bush '00, Kerry '04, Obama '08, Romney '12, Clinton '16, Trump '20 voter?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Bush '00, Kerry '04, Obama '08, Romney '12, Clinton '16, Trump '20 voter?  (Read 486 times)
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2020, 05:02:05 PM »

An independent who leans conservative who did not like the Iraq War and was unsure about Trump in 16 but likes his policies.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »

Massachusetts independent.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 05:34:30 PM »

Someone that almost always, (almost, 2008) goes against the popular wisdom
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 05:35:06 PM »

An E N L I G H T E N E D  C E N T R I S T
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 05:42:04 PM »

- a female/non white police officer
- a non white person in the military
- A bush staffer/loyalist who secretly hated Bush but came to came to embrace Trump later on
- somebody who votes based on who they think would be better for the stock market
- a middle class suburbanite who hated the protests
- somebody who votes for whoever is the better looking candidate(subjective)
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 05:44:50 PM »

Someone that almost always, (almost, 2008) goes against the popular wisdom

And either 2000 or 2016
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 05:57:36 PM »

I have an aunt whose voting history I suspect is similar to this, so here's what I'm going with:

Boomer woman, white, irreligious, independent, pro-pot, pro-choice, non-interventionist, lives in a working-class neighborhood of a large city.

2000 - liked Bush's focus on domestic policy and wanted a break from the sleaze of the Clinton administration by electing a good ol' family man with a chuckle and a wink.

2004 - voted Kerry in opposition to the Iraq War and the growing surveillance state post-Patriot Act

2008 - voted Obama for basically the same reason she voted for Kerry, and also added economic considerations as the stock market collapsed and unemployment began to rise

2012 - fell out of love with the "hope and change" ideal as the economic recovery remains slow. She's started to become more of a typical Republican and watches Fox News and gets a lot of her info from Facebook.

2016 - would otherwise be a Trump voter except that her daughter is married to a Latino man and convinces her to vote for Clinton because of the growing racism they're facing. She's still not enough of a Republican to buy into the crazy Clinton conspiracies, but holds her nose to keep Trump out of the White House.

2020 - Continues her rightward trend, is now basically a standard Republican. Joe Biden might still win her over if he governs very much to the center and maybe gets some big consensus policy proposals through, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 07:17:33 PM »

I have an aunt whose voting history I suspect is similar to this, so here's what I'm going with:

Boomer woman, white, irreligious, independent, pro-pot, pro-choice, non-interventionist, lives in a working-class neighborhood of a large city.

2000 - liked Bush's focus on domestic policy and wanted a break from the sleaze of the Clinton administration by electing a good ol' family man with a chuckle and a wink.

2004 - voted Kerry in opposition to the Iraq War and the growing surveillance state post-Patriot Act

2008 - voted Obama for basically the same reason she voted for Kerry, and also added economic considerations as the stock market collapsed and unemployment began to rise

2012 - fell out of love with the "hope and change" ideal as the economic recovery remains slow. She's started to become more of a typical Republican and watches Fox News and gets a lot of her info from Facebook.

2016 - would otherwise be a Trump voter except that her daughter is married to a Latino man and convinces her to vote for Clinton because of the growing racism they're facing. She's still not enough of a Republican to buy into the crazy Clinton conspiracies, but holds her nose to keep Trump out of the White House.

2020 - Continues her rightward trend, is now basically a standard Republican. Joe Biden might still win her over if he governs very much to the center and maybe gets some big consensus policy proposals through, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

You're overthinking it. Probably just someone who votes randomly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies