Ridiculously overpriced PredictIt markets
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:37:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Ridiculously overpriced PredictIt markets
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ridiculously overpriced PredictIt markets  (Read 567 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2020, 03:26:34 PM »

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6956/Will-Trump-win-any-of-Pennsylvania,-Arizona-or-Georgia
https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6964/Will-Trump-win-any-of-Michigan,-Wisconsin-or-Nevada
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 03:32:22 PM »

Predict in the end once you got past the 15% buys wasn't that bad.  Problem is no one buys the 85% stuff because you can't make any money off that.
n1240

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 04:18:14 PM »

Predict in the end once you got past the 15% buys wasn't that bad.  Problem is no one buys the 85% stuff because you can't make any money off that.

It actually adds up if you can effectively identify 80+ cent contracts that are effectively a guarantee to win and consistently use a part of your capital to churn out free returns. Depositing money just to invest in 80+ cent contracts then withdraw is not an effective return though. The pricing disparity in these contracts is actually an effect of trading + trader limits. For every person trying to buy a maximum of $850 of a 20 cent yes contract, you'll need four other traders trying to max $850 at 80 cents no on the other side, so disparities can arise since a greater amount of demand is required on the opposite end to create a more accurately priced market for a resolution like this.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 04:22:03 PM »

It actually adds up if you can effectively identify 80+ cent contracts that are effectively a guarantee to win and consistently use a part of your capital to churn out free returns. Depositing money just to invest in 80+ cent contracts then withdraw is not an effective return though. The pricing disparity in these contracts is actually an effect of trading + trader limits. For every person trying to buy a maximum of $850 of a 20 cent yes contract, you'll need four other traders trying to max $850 at 80 cents no on the other side, so disparities can arise since a greater amount of demand is required on the opposite end to create a more accurately priced market for a resolution like this.

Yep, I just go for reasonably safe bets that have decent payoff. Have never gotten a bet wrong.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 05:04:03 PM »

Yep, I just go for reasonably safe bets that have decent payoff. Have never gotten a bet wrong.
That's what these are!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 05:08:11 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2020, 05:40:33 PM by Alben Barkley »

I’ve already put so much money into PredictIt just waiting to be paid out, but the Trumpets are REALLY tempting me to put even more in now.

OK, I just maxed “No” LOL. MAGA cucks just keep giving me money. Sad!

By the way, it has to be like 95 cents a share before you can’t make any money at all. At least 80 cents or less is easily worth it on safe bets.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 08:33:31 PM »

I’ve already put so much money into PredictIt just waiting to be paid out, but the Trumpets are REALLY tempting me to put even more in now.

By the way, it has to be like 95 cents a share before you can’t make any money at all. At least 80 cents or less is easily worth it on safe bets.

That's only true if you withdraw after every contract closes.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 08:50:02 PM »

That's only true if you withdraw after every contract closes.

Which I always do.

I always just put money into safe bets and then wait for them to close, cashing out the max.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 10:21:31 PM »

Biden is up by 2.6% in MI, and it has already been called for him, and he is at  89 in MI on Predictit. NC which is uncalled, has Trump up 1.4%, Predictit has Trump at 98.

Stupid MAGA cultists.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies