Andrew Cuomo 2024 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:13:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Andrew Cuomo 2024 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo 2024 megathread  (Read 1008 times)
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2020, 09:31:57 AM »

Surprised we haven't had this thread yet. He'll be 66 in 2024 and reaching that age where it's a last opportunity to run.
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 09:33:38 AM »

He could actually surprise. He's very popular among the CNN-viewing Boomers
I need an explanation
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 09:33:45 AM »

He has already stated he has no interest.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 10:02:40 AM »

He's not running, he said he is the D Gov of NY until he can't run anymore
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 10:06:32 AM »

He used to rule it out a little more definitely than that so I think he's now seriously considering a bid.

Given his latest round of ridiculous new COVID-19 restrictions (no, it doesn't become more dangerous after 10pm), I really hope he doesn't run. If Democrats want to moderate on economics to win back voters (which for the most part wouldn't work), the best place to start would be abandoning the lockdown fanaticism (where it might at least not boost Republican-friendly turnout).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 10:29:09 AM »

He used to rule it out a little more definitely than that so I think he's now seriously considering a bid.

Given his latest round of ridiculous new COVID-19 restrictions (no, it doesn't become more dangerous after 10pm), I really hope he doesn't run. If Democrats want to moderate on economics to win back voters (which for the most part wouldn't work), the best place to start would be abandoning the lockdown fanaticism (where it might at least not boost Republican-friendly turnout).

The only lockdowns that are left are businesses surrounding sports and Universities. Yes libraries, Churches and SSA offices are closed, but all the other businesses are doing well. Rs made up ground and Trump almost won due to 6.6 Percent unemployment
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 05:49:27 PM »

He's not running, he said he is the D Gov of NY until he can't run anymore

Yeah, politicians say that kinda stuff all the time and then reverse course if a viable opportunity opens up.
laddicus finch

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 05:53:00 PM »

Nah, if it isn't Biden or Harris, the dems will/should go for a generational change. Democrats historically do well with young relative outsiders (Kennedy, Carter, Clinton, Obama). Biden was an abberation caused by historically exceptional circumstances.
I need an explanation
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 07:21:11 PM »

Nah, if it isn't Biden or Harris, the dems will/should go for a generational change. Democrats historically do well with young relative outsiders (Kennedy, Carter, Clinton, Obama). Biden was an abberation caused by historically exceptional circumstances.

Kennedy was young, but far, far, from an outsider. Obama also wasn’t really an outsider either.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 07:26:56 PM »

Kennedy was young, but far, far, from an outsider. Obama also wasn’t really an outsider either.
Also Clinton was youngish, but had been a fixture in Arkansas politics since becoming Attorney General in 1977.
laddicus finch

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 08:40:25 PM »

Yeah Kennedy was by no means an outsider, but he probably didn't come off as a Washington insider given his youth and star power (compared to Richard "too manly to put on makeup for TV" Nixon). I'd say Obama was still a bit of an outsider compared to some of the Democrats who lost in recent history (Kerry, Gore, Clinton, etc). He had only spent two whole years as a Senator when he announced his run.

I guess youth is the more predictive factor here, and Cuomo doesn't have that going for him.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 08:45:38 AM »

This would be the best way to break Republicans popular vote losing streak
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 09:12:26 AM »

I think Cuomo absolutely will run in 2024. I think he might do well, and maybe could win the nomination if everything goes right. I'd still bet on Vice President Kamala Harris, who is the obvious choice. Cuomo indeed is one of my favorites, and I'd love to see him succeed.
Numberbit
Rookie
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 07:52:32 PM »

I think Cuomo absolutely will run in 2024. I think he might do well, and maybe could win the nomination if everything goes right. I'd still bet on Vice President Kamala Harris, who is the obvious choice. Cuomo indeed is one of my favorites, and I'd love to see him succeed.
This aged horribly.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2021, 07:54:49 PM »

This aged horribly.

It was a horrible take even at the time.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 07:56:44 PM »

I still believe. #Cuomosexual
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 07:59:25 PM »

I don't think he'll be the nominee, or even come close, but I think people have overestimated the effect of his scandals. Many others said he was done, but I maintained that Cuomo would use the Shaggy defense of "It wasn't me" and ride out the scandals until nobody was talking about them anymore. That's exactly what has happened.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2021, 06:37:27 PM »

Nope.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2021, 08:10:25 PM »

I'm just so glad that the Cuomo coup in 2020 during the height of the Tara Reid story was nothing more than a niche fantasy.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2021, 11:18:05 PM »

No
Telesquare
Gyroburrito
Rookie
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2021, 07:56:10 PM »

I don't think he'll be the nominee, or even come close, but I think people have overestimated the effect of his scandals. Many others said he was done, but I maintained that Cuomo would use the Shaggy defense of "It wasn't me" and ride out the scandals until nobody was talking about them anymore. That's exactly what has happened.
If he wasn't over when you wrote this, he sure is now.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2021, 07:57:23 PM »

cringe
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies