PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:17:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 283531 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: November 30, 2021, 03:13:41 PM »

Republicans in Pennsylvania are not going to surrender this seat. Expect them to attack him over his Islamic faith.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #1526 on: November 30, 2021, 03:13:53 PM »

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1527 on: November 30, 2021, 03:23:28 PM »

It's over, I am 100% sure he will win the primary

Probably the general, too, since we live in hell. I can only see him doing astoundingly well or crashing and burning spectacularly, and I'm not super optimistic.
A guy named Mehmet Oz isn't going to win a statewide Republican Primary anywhere in the country these days, even if he gets Dear Leader's endorsement.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #1528 on: November 30, 2021, 03:24:59 PM »

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1529 on: November 30, 2021, 03:30:17 PM »

Republicans these days despise Democrats more than they despise Muslims. If they identify Dr. Oz as a guy who can defend the seat well from Democrats, they will vote for him. Muslim or not.
Dr. Oz isn't even necessarily very "Muslim" branded though. I didn't even know his first name until now, and he's campaigning on universalistic themes. He should be fine, provided he stays on message and is able to convince R primary voters he is their best bet.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #1530 on: November 30, 2021, 03:36:37 PM »

“Dr." Mehmet Öz in the Senate would be a bad idea for America. Hope Lamb or Fetterman win.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #1531 on: November 30, 2021, 03:47:25 PM »

New Jersey's Progressive Fighter. Honestly, I think New Jersey Democrats should shut up.
BoiseBoy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.05, S: -1.13

P P
« Reply #1532 on: November 30, 2021, 04:12:03 PM »

New Jersey's Progressive Fighter. Honestly, I think New Jersey Democrats should shut up.
There's a lot more wrong with a Dr. Oz candidacy than this. You really need to get your priorities out of the toilet.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1533 on: November 30, 2021, 04:21:18 PM »

Lol Fetterman has Josh Shapiro running and both of them have raised lots of money it's a Lean D TO along with WI, PA, EI and MI are purple states they are red states

He isnt Dr Phil, I never watched his shoe and never will, but watch Dr Phil they're connected with Oprah  on OWN NETWORK but Oprah is a D and doesn't support his R candidacy
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1534 on: November 30, 2021, 04:22:36 PM »

Grifters gonna grift, grift, grift, grift, grift.

Selling homeopathic medicine or bogus cures should be a disqualifier for any candidate, but I realize we live in a choose-your-own-reality world now and none of this will matter.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1535 on: November 30, 2021, 04:30:22 PM »

My mom used to watch his show a lot back when I was in high school
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1536 on: November 30, 2021, 04:32:53 PM »

That issues page is some of the most embarrassing sh**t I've ever read. This is especially egregious:

RESTORE OUR FAITH
Dr. Oz has given back – he founded HealthCorps which provides health education and mentoring to underserved communities. Unlike politicians who talk a big game about helping our communities and restoring the “middle layers” of society – Dr. Oz has spent his life doing his part to serve his country. Dr. Oz also believes that we need to expand the role of religious institutions, non-profits, and community groups in providing support for stronger families and neighborhoods. That’s how we combat our underlying emotional sickness that leads to Opioid addiction and isolation.

I wonder why he doesn't mention his own faith...
It'll be hilarious if the first Muslim senator is a Republican, tbh.

With context, it's less funny than you think - it could even be considered a reversion to the historical mean. Pre-9/11, American Muslims voted for both Bushes by ~2-1 margins* (although they picked Clinton over Dole).

*They voted for HW by 2-1 in 1992. I don't have the figures for 1988, but Dukakis told Arab Americans he wasn't interested in their votes on the campaign trail. I'm guessing the feeling was mutual.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1537 on: November 30, 2021, 04:38:44 PM »

Wow, great intro ad. If the rest of his campaign stays at this level, this race moves to Likely R in this environment.
kwabbit

« Reply #1538 on: November 30, 2021, 04:53:07 PM »

Who is the front runner at this point? Oz seems like he would be a fine candidate, at least better than any of the Trumpy crazies, if not for the carpetbagging. Who knows what the penalty for that will be. It might not matter at all in the end.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1539 on: November 30, 2021, 04:55:42 PM »

What the heck are his policy positions?   

Does he support universal healthcare with a generous prescription med plan or something?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1540 on: November 30, 2021, 05:03:00 PM »

A quack doctor is the new face of Pennsylvania Republicans.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1541 on: November 30, 2021, 05:05:12 PM »

Nate Silver has Fetterman and Shapiro winning 54/46 on You Tube and he has WI flipping too so I don't buy this Dr OZ, he shouldn't be Underestimated though

I know those on You tube are pretend matchups but Nate Silver owns politics and he knows
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1542 on: November 30, 2021, 05:12:09 PM »

It’s official! My sources were right again.

I think he will announce it on Fox tonight, earlier than expected.

I must say that your sources are quite credible and impressive (and no, I'm not being sarcastic - I'm genuinely surprised).
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1543 on: November 30, 2021, 05:23:12 PM »

You are going to see more celebrities and athletes run for office. They have political views like the rest of us, they pay income taxes like the rest of us, they vote, so why can't they have a say, as long as they know what they are talking about.

Lawyers and politicians have been running for so long and a lot of people feel they have not gained anything from them being in office.

Oz could beat Fetterman and peel off Black voters, a lot of Black people watch his show and if Fetterman's scandal with the gun and the Black jogger emerges again, Fetterman could be in a lot of problems.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1544 on: November 30, 2021, 05:27:52 PM »

Oz could beat Fetterman and peel off Black voters, a lot of Black people watch his show and if Fetterman's scandal with the gun and the Black jogger emerges again, Fetterman could be in a lot of problems.

For the love of all that is holy, stop making everything about race.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1545 on: November 30, 2021, 05:55:27 PM »

Wow, great intro ad. If the rest of his campaign stays at this level, this race moves to Likely R in this environment.

Opposite take, that was painful to listen to.
kwabbit

« Reply #1546 on: November 30, 2021, 05:59:42 PM »

What the heck are his policy positions?   

Does he support universal healthcare with a generous prescription med plan or something?

He doesn't have any public positions yet. He gets to define himself, which is a significant positive for him. If Trump endorses him he might be able to get through the primary even while being moderate and then could continue that into the general.

He's definitely not going to support universal healthcare, but I imagine he'll lean into ideas like Medicare/Medicaid being able to negotiate prescription drug prices. Maybe going a Youngkin on education route of just repeating non-controversial, positive messages.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1547 on: November 30, 2021, 06:01:43 PM »

Who is the front runner at this point? Oz seems like he would be a fine candidate, at least better than any of the Trumpy crazies, if not for the carpetbagging. Who knows what the penalty for that will be. It might not matter at all in the end.

Oz has to be the front runner. It's his race to lose now (which he may very well do).
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1548 on: November 30, 2021, 06:04:05 PM »

It's hard to imagine hopping from NJ to PA would hurt as much as, say, hopping from MD to MT (see: MT-SEN 2018). Carpetbagging doesn't seem to have as much downside as it used to, anyway.
But we don't know for sure how much it'll impact this race until later.
kwabbit

« Reply #1549 on: November 30, 2021, 06:07:57 PM »

Opposite take, that was painful to listen to.

It seemed very generic to me. Washington doesn't work, I am an embodiment of the American dream, etc. The outsider lane is typically a good one, as long as he is perceived as moderate. Right-wing (by perception) outsiders haven't had the best success (Trump 2020, any of the far-right tear-down-the-system people in the last 15 years from the GOP), but moderately conservative outsiders do (Trump 2016, Perot).
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies