RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel acknowledges that Biden/Harris won; then deletes tweet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:25:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel acknowledges that Biden/Harris won; then deletes tweet
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel acknowledges that Biden/Harris won; then deletes tweet  (Read 642 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2020, 06:55:59 PM »

Don't want to upset the Orange Baby!
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 06:59:32 PM »

When merely acknowleging the winner of the presidential election is considered as "too honest"...
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 07:08:51 PM »

Judiciary Chair Feinstein (liberal judges)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 07:12:04 PM »

If they were smart, they would stop coddling the toddler now. It actually could be effective to fire up the base with the threat of Kamala as the deciding vote in the Senate. If they don't acknowledge they even lost, however, they can't acknowledge the Senate is on the line. Add on top of that the fact that only 3% of the population is buying into this embarrassing delusion and it's just going to backfire hard on them as time goes by and people get even more and more sick of their nonsense.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 07:21:06 PM »

Just like she deleted Romney from her name.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 08:11:45 PM »

If they were smart, they would stop coddling the toddler now. It actually could be effective to fire up the base with the threat of Kamala as the deciding vote in the Senate. If they don't acknowledge they even lost, however, they can't acknowledge the Senate is on the line. Add on top of that the fact that only 3% of the population is buying into this embarrassing delusion and it's just going to backfire hard on them as time goes by and people get even more and more sick of their nonsense.

This has already gone too far to be "coddling the toddler".  It is well beyond embarrassing.  This is dangerous. Even if it's not an attempted coup (and I think that's exactly what it is), it is the governmental equivalent of an idiot clowning with a deadly weapon. A moron horsing around with a gun at the range is presumed to have a live round in the chamber and everyone with a modicum of responsibility will react accordingly.

These people - the Republican leadership -  aren't stupid. They know damned well what they're doing. This is, at best, an extension of their years-long pretense of ignorance as Donald Trump trampled tradition, law, and the Constitution down into the sewage in which he dwells.  At worst, it's sedition and treason as they attempt to seize power.

I hope my fears prove unfounded and this whole shameful episode ultimately proves to be nothing. But just because Donald Trump is an idiot doesn't mean his threats shouldn't be taken seriously.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 08:14:21 PM »

This has already gone too far to be "coddling the toddler".  It is well beyond embarrassing.  This is dangerous. Even if it's not an attempted coup (and I think that's exactly what it is), it is the governmental equivalent of an idiot clowning with a deadly weapon. A moron horsing around with a gun at the range is presumed to have a live round in the chamber and everyone with a modicum of responsibility will react accordingly.

These people - the Republican leadership -  aren't stupid. They know damned well what they're doing. This is, at best, an extension of their years-long pretense of ignorance as Donald Trump trampled tradition, law, and the Constitution down into the sewage in which he dwells.  At worst, it's sedition and treason as they attempt to seize power.

I hope my fears prove unfounded and this whole shameful episode ultimately proves to be nothing. But just because Donald Trump is an idiot doesn't mean his threats shouldn't be taken seriously.

See my thread about OK Sen. Lankford's comments saying he'll intervene if necessary to ensure Biden gets intel briefings and a peaceful transition. It's obvious now that it's not a coup, between that and this. Also reported comments about "humoring" Trump. I don't disagree that it's dangerous rhetoric anyway, but they don't have any actual plans to pull off a coup.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 09:25:03 PM »

See my thread about OK Sen. Lankford's comments saying he'll intervene if necessary to ensure Biden gets intel briefings and a peaceful transition. It's obvious now that it's not a coup, between that and this. Also reported comments about "humoring" Trump. I don't disagree that it's dangerous rhetoric anyway, but they don't have any actual plans to pull off a coup.

They may not be planning a coup, but will they support one if it emerges? Will the party of Republicans who are very concerned that Donald Trump has learned his lesson truly stand up to him if he tries to seize power? Or will they enable his abuses, no matter how horrific, by standing quietly by (if not cheering) as they have done for the last four years?

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 09:25:42 PM »

Imagine living a life with absolutely no self shame or dignity the way Ronna does.  All for what?  Coddling a giant loser who will be out of office in a few months.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 09:26:44 PM »

Judiciary Chair (((Feinstein)))
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 08:11:15 AM »

Judiciary Chair Feinstein (liberal judges)

I'm surprised she didn't type "Jewdiciary Chair" in a lapsus.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2020, 08:36:57 AM »

Coronna McDaniel
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies