Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:12:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 338980 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 09, 2021, 03:19:44 PM »

Great result for T-Mac! Both margin- and turnout-wise.

His acceptance speech was also pretty firy in attacking the Republicans. I think he'll win by a similar margin than Northam did in 2017 and be able to get a lot of good things done now that Democrats control the state legislature, unlike in his first term (in which he already governed well). He'd actually be a great president as well.

I can't wait to watch his speech but I'm thrilled that he prevailed. T-Mac is one of my favorite politicians and the guy who should have been the nominee instead of Hillary in 2016.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 11:09:14 AM »

McAuliffe will go down as a perfect example of how to run a really terrible campaign.

Maybe? But it sure seems like "running a terrible campaign" coincides often with "running in an environment unfavorable to your party." Mainly because it looks like nothing you are doing is sticking or making a difference, but perhaps that's because it's beyond your control and you have to keep trying different things.

This isn't something I'm deciding new in 2021 - I first felt this way in 2014.

True. I'm not denying that Biden's unpopularity will have undoubtedly played some part in it if McAuliffe loses, but losing in a state won by your parties' presidential nominee by ten points a year ago takes at least a fairly sloppy campaign.

Plus, I think most can agree that the McAuliffe campaign HAS been pretty bad.

Biden’s approval in VA is negative in most polls. Terry’s campaign is alright - the problem is we have an unpopular President who isn’t course correcting at all

How in the world is Biden is suppose to be course correcting because It would be 1 thing if everything was going south right now, but in Biden case this here is the reality

Covid cases have massively declined and unemployment is 4.8 percent and dropping

Can you imagine if Obama and the Dems had news like this before heading into the 2010 midterms. He or any other president would have been hailed as a hero right about now. heck if you had told me in 2020 that that Biden would be unpopular with unemployment at 4 percemt I would have not believed you yet here we are....

I just think that Biden more so than any other president I can think of is being hurt at a time when almost everything around him is going to in the right direction. Even trump low numbers during a decent economy still made more sense to me because his many controversies were overshadowing all of the positive news about the economy, but in Biden case he is not even doing crazy stuff like that so that make his low number even more baffling

Unfortunately, I think the social media is playing a big role here and there is nothing Biden can really do about it ​beacue no matter how good things get Facebook will still convince a lot of people that the things are worse than they were during the great recession. Sadly, I think that even if inflation went down tomorrow a lot people still would not believe it because some idiot on Facebook would convince them that it just hit record highs

You have just figured out how the right wing manufactured outrage machine works to perfection every single time.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 07:19:15 PM »

Being a Democrat is the best form of empathy I can have for Lions fans.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 08:06:49 PM »

Probably not as decisive in this race as the media is desperate to make it look, but Democrats need to come up with a better rebuttal to the CRT panic.

"It's not being taught in public schools, you f'ing morons" sounds like a good response to me. At this point it's time to just start saying that Republicans are manufacturing lies to create panic.

This is honestly the right answer for everything. Republicans make s[inks]t up, and Democrats - being the party of pansies in the modern era - issue a press release or make some milquetoast statement along the lines of "this is not my position".

The world doesn't work this way anymore. Anytime the GOP throws some asinine, false claim at a Democratic candidate, said candidate needs to have a shock-and-awe moment in front of every camera in the universe for maximum saturation. Saying something like "Nobody supports that and the people saying so are f[inks]ing c[inks]k-sucking dips[inks]ts" will make headline news on a national level, saturate social media and actually take control of the narrative in every situation. But as long as the GOP gets away with this crap, they'll keep doing it (because it works).

I've been called a tin-hatted conspiracy theorist for saying exactly this. I'm glad people are starting to wise up to this game. The Democratic Party's leadership needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt with people who know what they're doing.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 08:17:26 PM »

I'm afraid to say this country's demise is occurring sooner than I thought.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 08:27:58 PM »

I'm afraid to say this country's demise is occurring sooner than I thought.

if the embodiment of "generic R" beating a guy running a really bad campaign while the president's approval ratings are 8 points underwater is a sign of the country's demise it was already doomed

A solidly blue state that hadn't elected a Republican statewide in 12 years does so bEcAuSe cRiTiCaL rAcE tHeOrY!!!!

It's proof to me that this country is so easily distracted by pointless wedge issues and conned into voting for economic policies that directly hurt them. By the end of my lifetime most of America is going to resemble Flint, Michigan save for its wealthiest areas both because of how easily blinded white people are by their own bigotry but also the structural advantage the GOP has thanks to polarization and rural red states and state legislatures.

We're going to have West Virginia type poverty in all areas, rural, suburban, and urban with hyperinflation and wages that never grow to keep up with it. Any time people start trying to vote to change it, along will come another minority group that needs to be defecated on, or masks, or vaccines, or abortion, or critical race theory, or whatever Fox News comes up with this week.

This country is burning to the ground and tonight's result shows that now even people who normally vote for Democrats are throwing gasoline on it.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 08:49:29 PM »

This was completely preventable if the Democrats hadn't moronically passed the redistricting commission.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies