Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:07:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 338736 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6050 on: November 22, 2021, 12:26:52 PM »

I am in a group.. it is called REOPEN VIRGINIA.

They are already calling Youngkin a traitor, rino etc.. lol

I am not the one who will be the most hostile to Youngkin in the state.. I think he won't be a disaster governor but will  have a harder time navigating governing compared to governing.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6051 on: November 28, 2021, 06:13:47 PM »

I am glad Trumpkin won now.. there will be no lockdowns in Virginia for sure now and I can live a completely normal life unless Maryland elects a far left Democrat in 2022 who wants to lock down Maryland.

But My message still is:

GET VACCINATED NOW!!!!

Also we should sticky this epic thread.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6052 on: December 03, 2021, 03:42:54 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2021, 03:54:11 PM by Chips »

BREAKING NEWS: INCUMBENT DEMOCRAT ALEX ASKEW HAS JUST CONCEDED THE VIRGINIA-85 HOUSE RACE TO REPUBLICAN KAREN GREENHALGH. GREENHALGH WAS CERTIFIED THE WINNER OF THIS RACE BY 115 VOTES. THIS MEANS THAT THE REPUBLICANS TAKE TAKEN OVER THE VIRGINIA HOUSE OF DELEGATES WITH AT LEAST 51 SEATS. ONE MORE RACE HAS YET TO BE FULLY DECIDED. VIRGINIA-91 WILL GO THROUGH A RECOUNT OF IT'S OWN NEXT WEEK. REPUBLICAN A.C CORDOZA LED INCUMBENT DEMOCRAT MARTHA MUGLER BY 94 VOTES ON THE INITIAL COUNT. IF THE RECOUND WINDS UP SIMILAR TO TODAY'S RECOUNT, CORDOZA SHOULD WIN BY AROUND 80-85 VOTES.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6053 on: December 03, 2021, 04:06:15 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: INCUMBENT DEMOCRAT ALEX ASKEW HAS JUST CONCEDED THE VIRGINIA-85 HOUSE RACE TO REPUBLICAN KAREN GREENHALGH. GREENHALGH WAS CERTIFIED THE WINNER OF THIS RACE BY 115 VOTES. THIS MEANS THAT THE REPUBLICANS TAKE TAKEN OVER THE VIRGINIA HOUSE OF DELEGATES WITH AT LEAST 51 SEATS. ONE MORE RACE HAS YET TO BE FULLY DECIDED. VIRGINIA-91 WILL GO THROUGH A RECOUNT OF IT'S OWN NEXT WEEK. REPUBLICAN A.C CORDOZA LED INCUMBENT DEMOCRAT MARTHA MUGLER BY 94 VOTES ON THE INITIAL COUNT. IF THE RECOUND WINDS UP SIMILAR TO TODAY'S RECOUNT, CORDOZA SHOULD WIN BY AROUND 80-85 VOTES.

Inside voice, please.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6054 on: December 03, 2021, 04:08:12 PM »

Good thing for the GOP they lack a majority in the State Senate...
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6055 on: December 03, 2021, 05:44:14 PM »

If Democrats have a covid fear mongering campaign in the next cycle in Virginia, it could transition to quite a republican state.

If they do not have a covid fear mongering campaign, I would guess they win back the House of Delegates.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6056 on: December 03, 2021, 06:12:44 PM »

If Democrats have a covid fear mongering campaign in the next cycle in Virginia, it could transition to quite a republican state.

If they do not have a covid fear mongering campaign, I would guess they win back the House of Delegates.

If we're talking about 2023, COVID will almost surely be conclusively over by then.  If a 2022 HoD election happens, that is a little iffier.  With presidential midterm turnout, I doubt VA Dems could flip back the HoD in 2022 anyway.  It would have to be driven by the new map, maybe with some Roe backlash thrown in.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6057 on: December 03, 2021, 07:11:43 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2021, 07:18:00 PM by Mr.Phips »

If we're talking about 2023, COVID will almost surely be conclusively over by then.  If a 2022 HoD election happens, that is a little iffier.  With presidential midterm turnout, I doubt VA Dems could flip back the HoD in 2022 anyway.  It would have to be driven by the new map, maybe with some Roe backlash thrown in.

COVID will never be “over”.  At some point it will be like the flu, but it will never be gone.

Anyway, the new HOD map will probably give Dems back their Fredericksburg seat by not splitting that city anymore.  They may also get another Loundon seat that is around Biden + 15.  That would tie the chamber again.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6058 on: December 03, 2021, 08:34:04 PM »

If we're talking about 2023, COVID will almost surely be conclusively over by then.  If a 2022 HoD election happens, that is a little iffier.  With presidential midterm turnout, I doubt VA Dems could flip back the HoD in 2022 anyway.  It would have to be driven by the new map, maybe with some Roe backlash thrown in.

COVID will never be “over”.  At some point it will be like the flu, but it will never be gone.

Anyway, the new HOD map will probably give Dems back their Fredericksburg seat by not splitting that city anymore.  They may also get another Loundon seat that is around Biden + 15.  That would tie the chamber again.

Wouldn't that be the existing narrow Biden Loudoun-Clarke seat they currently hold?  I think there would have to be 2 heavily Biden seats around Charlottesville/Albemarle, though, and possibly one more easy Dem seat in Chesterfield.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6059 on: December 03, 2021, 08:44:43 PM »

Wouldn't that be the existing narrow Biden Loudoun-Clarke seat they currently hold?  I think there would have to be 2 heavily Biden seats around Charlottesville/Albemarle, though, and possibly one more easy Dem seat in Chesterfield.

The current Loudoun-Clark seat will likely have to contract and lose some or all of its rural territory.  Very possible a new Loudoun seat needs to be created.  And yes, probably another stron Dem district in the Charlottesville area.  Under a new map, Dems have a pretty decent chance at winning back a majority even in a bad year. 
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6060 on: December 03, 2021, 08:47:25 PM »

Midterm turnout instead of odd year turnout gives them a solid chance of flipping back the Petersburg seat(I think the rural black seat will just be chopped all together)
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6061 on: December 04, 2021, 12:41:36 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2021, 12:44:45 AM by khuzifenq »

Not sure about the rest of Fairfax (ignoring Tweets about Korean/Latino/Ethiopian support for Youngkin), but it looks like TMac improved in the most Asian parts of McNair and all of Floris.

@Forumlurker161

Hmm it looks like the more Asian areas of McNair and Floris also had strong R swings, although it seems like they also swung more D from 2013 to 2017, so maybe they still trended D relative to the white areas?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6062 on: December 04, 2021, 08:46:14 PM »

Not sure about the rest of Fairfax (ignoring Tweets about Korean/Latino/Ethiopian support for Youngkin), but it looks like TMac improved in the most Asian parts of McNair and all of Floris.

@Forumlurker161

Hmm it looks like the more Asian areas of McNair and Floris also had strong R swings, although it seems like they also swung more D from 2013 to 2017, so maybe they still trended D relative to the white areas?

lmao... look at my signature..

This election was the most bizarre election I have ever followed. So many Democrats completely ignoring the fundamentals and the conditions of the race. Assuming nova = the bay area. Assuming that VA= California.. Completely forgetting that Virignia has a history of close races.. completely forgetting that that Tmac campaign was campaigning like they were in Maryland and not Virginia.

But the Republicans were wish casting as well. All over twitter and predictit there were ending comments and tweets about Youngkin winning Loudoun.. which was completely unrealistic and just stupid.. evening going as far as this:

and no Youngkin will not be president and I think he will rightfully disappoint the far right.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #6063 on: December 07, 2021, 12:13:09 PM »

Loudoun just jumped to 11 point T-Mac lead.  Early vote batch?
And he was never seen again..
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6064 on: December 28, 2021, 11:11:13 PM »

Let's see how Lee Carter is doi-

Oh.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6065 on: January 06, 2022, 10:48:20 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2022, 10:52:57 PM by Frodo »

Everything depends on the Democratic-controlled state Senate rejecting the nomination of Andrew Wheeler as Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources:

Youngkin names Trump's EPA chief to lead natural resources, sparking outrage from Dems, environmental groups
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #6066 on: January 06, 2022, 11:08:29 PM »

COVID will likely never be eradicated, but the vast majority will be completely ignoring it in the spring, summer, and fall, and treating it like we do the flu in the winter
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6067 on: January 07, 2022, 05:43:20 PM »

Everything depends on the Democratic-controlled state Senate rejecting the nomination of Andrew Wheeler as Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources:

Youngkin names Trump's EPA chief to lead natural resources, sparking outrage from Dems, environmental groups

The Trumpkin administration will be a mixed bag for me but I am excited his inauguration is coming up.

The Covid-zero cult has an agenda but hopefully Youngkin is able to stop them in their tracks.

If Youngkin is able to destroy the covid-zero cult, I will always appreciate him.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6068 on: January 07, 2022, 07:06:32 PM »

Virginia: WHAT WERE YOU EFFING THINKING?
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #6069 on: January 07, 2022, 07:27:58 PM »

Wheeler was an absolutely horrible EPA Chief. I somewhat expect the state senate to reject, but seriously even if you are a Republican I’d prefer someone who isn’t as corrupt or tied to industry.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6070 on: January 07, 2022, 07:48:21 PM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6071 on: January 07, 2022, 07:53:34 PM »

When will Youngkin, Miyares, and Sears be sworn in?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6072 on: January 07, 2022, 07:59:04 PM »

Saturday, January 15. 
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6073 on: January 07, 2022, 08:03:22 PM »

Saturday, January 15. 

Can't come soon enough !!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6074 on: January 07, 2022, 08:32:44 PM »

Its pretty funny Virginia will be on the fore front of the covid restrictions fight

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies