Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:16:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 335283 times)
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2021, 05:44:01 AM »

Right now it seems like a guaranteed D hold, but that could still change.

When one of the biggest questions going in is whether or not Chesterfield County votes GOP, this is well on its way to becoming a rather boring race.

Margins may be closer than 2017, but no way do I see the outcome changing (And yes I'm aware Carter/Fairfax have a non-insignificant chance of being nominated).

Chesterfield County is almost certainly going to vote for the Republican candidate. The question is by how much.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2021, 04:21:53 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2021, 06:02:14 PM by Monstro Believed in a Blue Georgia (and a Blue Texas) »

When one of the biggest questions going in is whether or not Chesterfield County votes GOP, this is well on its way to becoming a rather boring race.

Margins may be closer than 2017, but no way do I see the outcome changing (And yes I'm aware Carter/Fairfax have a non-insignificant chance of being nominated).

Chesterfield County is almost certainly going to vote for the Republican candidate. The question is by how much.

Wow, how exciting.

All I know is that the Virginia GOP better hope they'll win Chesterfield County in a B I D E N M I D Q U A R T E R T E R M or else they're in for a horrible decade or two.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2021, 04:54:09 PM »

Chesterfield voted for Biden/Warner by 7, it will not vote Republican.

Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2021, 05:00:24 PM »

7 points isn't that much of a margin to make up. It's certainly possible, although I doubt it'll happen. If there is suburban reversion, I would think it's more likely to happen near Richmond than in NoVA.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2021, 05:14:39 PM »

7 points isn't that much of a margin to make up. It's certainly possible, although I doubt it'll happen. If there is suburban reversion, I would think it's more likely to happen near Richmond than in NoVA.

Well Henrico County is more Democratic slightly than Loudoun or Prince William in most elections and I dont believe there is a county wide Republican in Henrico.

I may have been to dramatic in saying that Chesterfield will vote for the GOP candidate. But the GOP is favored slightly there in November.

I have seen Chesterfield County compared to St. Charles County Mo. I strongly disagree with that comparison. Chesterfield is nearly 30% black and is more educated.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #330 on: March 22, 2021, 06:45:33 PM »

And even if it did vote Republican, I'd find anything less than R+5 to be devastating for the Virginia GOP (As if they weren't devastated already).
slothdem

« Reply #331 on: March 25, 2021, 05:27:12 PM »

The R candidate probably needs to win Chesterfield by 10 to take the state, given how little improvement they can make on Trump's numbers in the rural Western part of the state.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #332 on: March 25, 2021, 07:42:28 PM »

Well Henrico County is more Democratic slightly than Loudoun or Prince William in most elections and I dont believe there is a county wide Republican in Henrico.

I may have been to dramatic in saying that Chesterfield will vote for the GOP candidate. But the GOP is favored slightly there in November.

I have seen Chesterfield County compared to St. Charles County Mo. I strongly disagree with that comparison. Chesterfield is nearly 30% black and is more educated.

Even Northam won Chesterfield in 2017 by half a point,  and the trends have certainly not gotten any better for Republicans there over the past 4 years.   It's gone for the GOP.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: March 25, 2021, 11:36:08 PM »

Even Northam won Chesterfield in 2017 by half a point,  and the trends have certainly not gotten any better for Republicans there over the past 4 years.   It's gone for the GOP.

Even if Jimmie is right in his 99% certainty of Chesterfield County voting GOP this November, there should be no cause for celebration if they win it by like 3-5%. It'd be like celebrating John Cox' campaign if he ended up winning Orange County by 0.2%.

And if it does vote GOP, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a kind of "last hurrah" for the foreseeable future.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #334 on: April 06, 2021, 06:57:50 PM »

...bruh
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #335 on: April 06, 2021, 07:09:34 PM »

...bruh

What the heck was he thinking. He’s really trying to come in last place by appealing solely to misogynistic moderate African-Americans
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #336 on: April 06, 2021, 08:00:24 PM »

...bruh

What the heck was he thinking. He’s really trying to come in last place by appealing solely to misogynistic moderate African-Americans

I have no idea! But the interesting thing about this is, I was watching it live and he was slowly and eagerly building his way up to saying that, and you just knew he was planning to say something really stupid in the seconds ahead. It's worth going back and watching (it was in the final 10-15 minutes I think).
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #337 on: April 07, 2021, 05:09:00 AM »

No due process...
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #338 on: April 07, 2021, 05:38:33 AM »

Yikes. This really is McAullife's to lose at this point. Fairfax is a total mess.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #339 on: April 07, 2021, 07:38:27 AM »

What the hell was Fairfax thinking?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #340 on: April 07, 2021, 08:46:24 AM »

Ugh, how is this dude even running? He's likely guilty of rape.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #341 on: April 07, 2021, 02:14:51 PM »

Lmao, Fairfax is an embarrassment who should have been forced to resign back in 2019. Can't wait for T-Mac to clobber him in the primary.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #342 on: April 07, 2021, 02:36:40 PM »

And to think that this guy was supposedly a "rising-star" once upon a time? What an absolute, utter twat.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #343 on: April 07, 2021, 05:07:50 PM »

Virginia legislature speeds up pot legalization to this summer

From 2024, to before the end of this year.

Freedom State.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: April 07, 2021, 05:35:28 PM »

Why was there even a 3-year-long implementation delay scheduled in the first place?
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #345 on: April 07, 2021, 05:44:11 PM »

My state senator may get in the way of it..

https://twitter.com/BPaves/status/1379869685408206852

He should be primaried!!

But I do appreciate his pro business and pro reopening stances.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #346 on: April 08, 2021, 08:54:14 AM »

Northam endorses McAuliffe:

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #347 on: April 08, 2021, 09:56:46 AM »

Well, McAuliffe endorsed Northam all the way back in 2016, so it makes sense that he's now returned the favor.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #348 on: April 08, 2021, 09:58:45 AM »

Well, McAuliffe endorsed Northam all the way back in 2016, so it makes sense that he's now returned the favor.

Yup, but if my memory is correct, McAuliffe was among the calls for Northam's resignation during the blackface scandal. But seems like that is over and by objective measures, Northam is a decent gov.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2021, 08:17:48 PM »

DOMINATING!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies