AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years  (Read 6199 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2020, 05:44:51 PM »
« edited: November 09, 2020, 05:49:54 PM by Torie »

You need to compare her vote total against Biden's currently. I suspect she is still running behind Biden. She certainly does not help Democrats with the act she puts on through the media.

One of the most frightening articles I read in a while was speculation that Biden could appoint Gillibrand to a cabinet position, thereby opening the door for Cuomo to appoint AOC to the Senate. I sincerely hope the governor is not that stupid.

I liked the theory, but not really it turns out. I suspect unlike most CD's in NY, AOC's challenger might do a bit  better than in absentees than in the vote so far, but basically, the Torie Dems in NY-14 are very thin on the ground. The reality is that a more than negligible number  of Dems in NY-14 are closet Pubs, or persons of color who cotton to the Trump macho act.

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2020, 05:44:53 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: National figures are more polarizing and get less votes than local figures. Film at 11.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2020, 06:05:10 PM »

the Torie Dems in NY-14 are very thin on the ground.

Lol

SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2020, 09:14:48 PM »

You need to compare her vote total against Biden's currently. I suspect she is still running behind Biden. She certainly does not help Democrats with the act she puts on through the media.

One of the most frightening articles I read in a while was speculation that Biden could appoint Gillibrand to a cabinet position, thereby opening the door for Cuomo to appoint AOC to the Senate. I sincerely hope the governor is not that stupid.

How is that stupid, appointing someone fearless with an appreciation for policy details and the ability to bring attention to issues? The Senate has a major White problem. The Senate needs to look and vote more like America.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2020, 10:19:59 PM »

Aren't the district lines different though?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2020, 10:21:27 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2020, 10:54:25 PM by lfromnj »

Wow, I got bingo early on in this thread!

LETS GO!

Top left already taken care of, tbh that should be the free space at this point.

Overall Macarthur's analysis is trash due to the election not even being fully over with regards to counts but the rebuttals come just as trashy. Defend your #queen or whatever better, we all know its projection about the feet pics.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2020, 10:36:48 PM »

LETS GO!

Top left already taken care of, tbh that should be the free space at this point.

Overall Macarthur's analysis is trash due to the election not even being fully over with regards to counts but the rebuttals come just as trashy.

Probably because it's 75% of the issue, and undoubtedly the reason why you lolbertarians are circlejerking with each other about it. And let's face it, you guys' civic understanding is about as robust as the creator's understanding of the paint fill tool.

No. And by stating stuff like this you are contributing the problem of sexualizing women who are simply trying to do their jobs.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2020, 10:43:09 PM »

LETS GO!

Overall Macarthur's analysis is trash due to the election not even being fully over with regards to counts but the rebuttals come just as trashy.

Probably because it's 75% of the issue, and undoubtedly the reason why you lolbertarians are circlejerking with each other about it. And let's face it, you guys' civic understanding is about as robust as the creator's understanding of the paint fill tool.

No. And by stating stuff like this you are contributing the problem of sexualizing women who are simply trying to do their jobs.

Give me a in break. This thread and others that have been started are the only evidence of obsessive behavior so it makes the accusation merited. Like that cringelord bingo chart - you can't tell me that wasn't made by someone perpetually thirsty and terrified of a brown woman advancing progressive causes.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2020, 10:45:43 PM »

LETS GO!

Give me a in break. This thread and others that have been started are the only evidence of obsessive behavior so it makes the accusation merited. Like that cringelord bingo chart - you can't tell me that wasn't made by someone perpetually thirsty and terrified of a brown woman advancing progressive causes.

lol criticizing her makes him “thirsty”? k
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2020, 10:49:01 PM »

it's just memes brahs
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2020, 10:51:39 PM »

~snip~

LETS GO!

Well the fact that the so-called "criticism" in question is trash kinda seals it.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2020, 10:52:09 PM »

LETS GO!

Stacey Abrams is a brown woman advancing progressive causes. 🤔
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2020, 10:54:22 PM »

~snip~

LETS GO!

Well the fact that the so-called "criticism" in question is trash kinda seals it.

No, it doesn’t and the criticism isn’t trash, it’s perfectly valid.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2020, 10:54:41 PM »

If you want to enable and profligate the sexualization of working women, that's your prerogative. Funnily enough, I'm not so sure said women would be so happy about that.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2020, 10:58:24 PM »

Comparing AOC's district to the 2003-2011 and 1993-2003 boundaries is dumb, saying that criticizing AOC means you want to have sex with her is dumb. There we go, Moderate hero.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2020, 11:08:47 PM »

~snip~

LETS GO!

I don't feel like going through and blowing it up point by point (plus most of them aren't even arguable, they're just spastic keyboard mashing), but even you as a so-called leftist can surely see the stupidity of saying she wants to take his electricity away, right?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2020, 11:09:46 PM »

~snip~

LETS GO!

I don't feel like going through and blowing it up point by point (plus most of them aren't even arguable, they're just spastic thoughts), but even you as a so-called leftist can surely see the stupidity of saying she wants to take his electricity away, right?

Does anyone actually think she wants to do that?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2020, 11:10:25 PM »

LETS GO!

Stacey Abrams is a brown woman advancing progressive causes. 🤔

People hated her during the Veepstakes.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2020, 11:12:55 PM »

~snip~

LETS GO!

I don't feel like going through and blowing it up point by point (plus most of them aren't even arguable, they're just spastic thoughts), but even you as a so-called leftist can surely see the stupidity of saying she wants to take his electricity away, right?

Yep it's on the card, it's right between "Republicans are good, actually (but I'm a libertarian!)" and "Trump is the best friend the Jews ever had." Fourth on the top row.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2020, 11:26:41 PM »

~snip~

LETS GO!

Yep it's on the card, it's right between "Republicans are good, actually (but I'm a libertarian!)" and "Trump is the best friend the Jews ever had." Fourth on the top row.

Obviously I don’t think she wants to get rid of electricity, but the GND is bad policy and a horrible idea regardless
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2020, 11:31:43 PM »

~snip~

LETS GO!

Obviously I don’t think she wants to get rid of electricity, but the GND is bad policy and a horrible idea regardless

You can argue whether the way the policy was written and rolled out in the past was a mistake, but to contend that a radical change in the approach to environmental policy and in our fossil fuel-based economy, given what we know about climate change and how American society/infrastructure is uniquely unprepared, is a "horrible idea" is laughable.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2020, 11:54:48 PM »

~snip~

LETS GO!

You can argue whether the way the policy was written and rolled out in the past was a mistake, but to contend that a radical change in the approach to environmental policy and in our fossil fuel-based economy, given what we know about climate change and how American society/infrastructure is uniquely unprepared, is a "horrible idea" is laughable.

I agree that this is needed, but the GND isn’t the way to do so.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2020, 11:55:58 PM »

~snip~

LETS GO!

I agree that this is needed, but the GND isn’t the way to do so.

Ok, that's fair.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2020, 01:16:09 AM »

Shockingly, this thread is a dumpster fire.

The next 4 years of intraparty conflict are gonna be great!
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2020, 02:08:08 AM »

Shockingly, this thread is a dumpster fire.

The next 4 years of intraparty conflict are gonna be great!

If AOC and her squad could stop trying to pick a new fight every other week we wouldn't have this problem.  I haven't had reason to complain about Bernie Sanders in ages, he's handled himself pretty responsibly since the primary.

Can't wait until we have another round of AOC trying to depose Pelosi.  Just straight-up feeding Politico "dems in disarray" headlines so she can once again thrust herself onto the front of newspapers in red districts across the country.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies