FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:13:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here  (Read 31222 times)
Literally Just a Contrarian
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« on: May 24, 2021, 01:36:17 PM »
« edited: May 24, 2021, 01:41:14 PM by Deliberate Contrarian »

Murphy WON'T run against Marco after all: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/24/stephanie-murphy-marco-rubio-senate-490563

I guess they're putting all their weight behind Demings. Maybe Murphy will run in 2024?

This is strategically smart (rare for the FL D’s). Murphy (or any other Dem) has pretty much has zero shot against Rubio or DeSantis in 2022, but she’s still by FAR their best candidate.

She would probably fare better against Skeletor in 2024, though Scott will still probably win that race.
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 01:42:34 PM »

FL-SEN/FL-7
Stephanie Murphy running for Re-Election

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/24/stephanie-murphy-marco-rubio-senate-490563

They cleared the Field for Demings!

Murphy is probably their strongest candidate, so it is strategically smarter from the D’s perspective to send sacrificial lambs against Rubio and DeSantis in 2022. A Skeletor vs Murphy Senate Race in 2024 would be very interesting, but I think Scott still wins fairly easily.
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 01:47:50 PM »

FL-SEN/FL-7

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/24/stephanie-murphy-marco-rubio-senate-490563

Murphy is probably their strongest candidate, so it is strategically smarter from the D’s perspective to send sacrificial lambs against Rubio and DeSantis in 2022. A Skeletor vs Murphy Senate Race in 2024 would be very interesting, but I think Scott still wins fairly easily.
I make a BOLD bet: Murphy won't win her own House Race next year effectivly ending the Democrats Chances to beat Rick Scott in 2024.

Given how Republican trending FL is, I can absolutely see this happening, though she can run in another district.

Regardless, Florida is gonna get even uglier for the Dems very soon.
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 06:37:14 PM »

FL-SEN/FL-7

I make a BOLD bet: Murphy won't win her own House Race next year effectivly ending the Democrats Chances to beat Rick Scott in 2024.

Given how Republican trending FL is, I can absolutely see this happening, though she can run in another district.

Regardless, Florida is gonna get even uglier for the Dems very soon.

This along with your other posts about DeSantis and Rubio winning Florida by 10+ is getting so absurd, I am starting to think you have some kind of personal financial stake in Republicans winning Florida.  Trump doing better in Miami and subsequently winning Florida by around 3 points is not evidence of Florida becoming a safe Republican state.  This is getting ridiculous.

Aren’t you the same person who said 2022 will *somehow* be a D+10 national environment?

Talk about “ridiculous”.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies