FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:14:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here  (Read 31195 times)
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« on: May 18, 2021, 04:26:26 PM »
« edited: May 18, 2021, 04:33:02 PM by "?" »

There’s no harm in running a good candidate here and I’ll never understand why Atlas seems to think it’s bad strategy to run strong candidates in as many races as possible.  If nothing else, it tends to boost down-ballot base turnout and gives good wave/scandal insurance.

If Atlas had their way, there would be no Democrats running in any Lean/Tossup races during a Democratic midterm.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 07:36:09 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2021, 07:54:33 PM by "?" »

Safe R, no matter what. Why do Florida House Democrats keep throwing away their congressional careers and incumbency for Sisyphean attempts to get elected statewide in this wasteland?

At least in regards to Demings & Crist, they're both 64 years old with 14+ years of public service & in the middle of the pack when it comes to seniority. I don't expect either to be in DC that much longer anyway so I don't know what they've got to lose by running statewide.

Better those two than Murphy or Fried, IMO. The latter two you can certainly argue are throwing away their political careers should they be nominated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies