FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:56:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25
Author Topic: FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here  (Read 31033 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: June 12, 2021, 07:11:58 PM »

Grayson own internal poll shows Rubio only up by 5 pts do you really think a poll by Chamber of Commerce is credible showing DeSantis and Rubio up by 10, NO, NO, NO

5 pts is not a landslide with 500 days left
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #401 on: June 12, 2021, 07:15:24 PM »

Black voters are more optimistic among people who aren’t career politicians. Obama and Gillum were freshmen political figures and weren’t career politicians, that is unlike Demings. That’s why Hillary and Biden didn’t create such enthusiasm.
Obama had been in elected office for a decade before running for President. Gillum had been an elected official in Tallahassee for even longer. Demings ran for office in the first time in 2012 and recorded her first win in 2016 — by any measure, she is less of a "career politician" than either Obama or Gillum.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2021, 10:03:57 PM »

UWS,
Biden lost Florida not because of the Hispanics. He lost it because African-Americans in South Florida did not turn out in the Numbers Democrats expected.

Demings doesn't create a huge amount of enthusiasm among AA in FL.

They needed someone like Obama or Gillum again!

She would be the first black female senator from FL, and first black senator from FL, correct? So I don't believe that

This analysis is so superficial

how is it superficial? what i'm saying is just like Obama getting record black turnout in 2008. when voters see a candidate in themselves, who has never done it before, they are usually more often to feel excited about that candidate. Demings would be a history making candidate in FL, so why wouldn't she excite at least a chunk of black voters?

Saying that black voters will be energized to vote for someone because they are black is the definition of superficial analysis
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #403 on: June 13, 2021, 08:10:34 AM »

UWS,
Biden lost Florida not because of the Hispanics. He lost it because African-Americans in South Florida did not turn out in the Numbers Democrats expected.

Demings doesn't create a huge amount of enthusiasm among AA in FL.

They needed someone like Obama or Gillum again!

She would be the first black female senator from FL, and first black senator from FL, correct? So I don't believe that

This analysis is so superficial

how is it superficial? what i'm saying is just like Obama getting record black turnout in 2008. when voters see a candidate in themselves, who has never done it before, they are usually more often to feel excited about that candidate. Demings would be a history making candidate in FL, so why wouldn't she excite at least a chunk of black voters?

Saying that black voters will be energized to vote for someone because they are black is the definition of superficial analysis

you're really watering down what i said and leaving out a lot of context so i'm not going to bother with this conversation anymore
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #404 on: June 13, 2021, 08:40:18 AM »

Black voters are more optimistic among people who aren’t career politicians. Obama and Gillum were freshmen political figures and weren’t career politicians, that is unlike Demings. That’s why Hillary and Biden didn’t create such enthusiasm.
Obama had been in elected office for a decade before running for President. Gillum had been an elected official in Tallahassee for even longer. Demings ran for office in the first time in 2012 and recorded her first win in 2016 — by any measure, she is less of a "career politician" than either Obama or Gillum.

Complete agreement here. Also, unfortunately the term "career politician" often is associated with negative stereotypes when actually a certain amount of experience in elected or appointed office is a positive attribute. Politics is one of the few professions this has become a liability. That's ain't the case elsewhere; nobody would want treatment from a doctor with no experience, nobody would take flight with a pilot that has never landed a plane.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #405 on: June 14, 2021, 12:02:15 PM »

Complete agreement here. Also, unfortunately the term "career politician" often is associated with negative stereotypes when actually a certain amount of experience in elected or appointed office is a positive attribute. Politics is one of the few professions this has become a liability. That's ain't the case elsewhere; nobody would want treatment from a doctor with no experience, nobody would take flight with a pilot that has never landed a plane.

Experience only works if one keeps up-to-date.

Politics is simply one profession where that quiet part gets read out loud. A pilot that never learned digital controls is a gone pilot, a doctor using chemotherapy as liberally as the 60's is doomed to malpractice suits, and so on and so on.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: June 14, 2021, 12:29:31 PM »

I am rooting for Val but I would not put one nickel in this race
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #407 on: June 15, 2021, 01:08:46 AM »

LOL after the Trump clown show for 4 years I think "career politician" is a badge of honor for many voters, black voters included.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #408 on: June 15, 2021, 03:28:41 AM »

This state is definitely wave insurence and we will see about wave insurence in a Pandemic
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #409 on: June 15, 2021, 03:57:49 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2021, 03:57:37 PM by UWS »

LOL after the Trump clown show for 4 years I think "career politician" is a badge of honor for many voters, black voters included.

Tell that to 9-term congressman Dan Lipinski.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #410 on: June 15, 2021, 07:33:54 AM »

Wise choice.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #411 on: June 15, 2021, 08:57:40 AM »

But Rs are down 9 in generic ballot and have insurrection behind them? Why doesn't OC believe in blue waves? 😝🌊🌊🌊
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #412 on: June 15, 2021, 09:54:06 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rubio-demings-2022-showdown-could-become-most-expensive-senate-race-ever.amp
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #413 on: June 15, 2021, 01:53:52 PM »

Not that it matters much for the outcome. Jaime Harrison raised unprecedented amounts of money for the 2020 senate election and still couldn't even crack the Republicans' 54% freiwall in South Carolina.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: June 15, 2021, 02:04:24 PM »

That's because the Rs have a Supermajority in the State Legislature
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #415 on: June 15, 2021, 02:55:58 PM »

Not that it matters much for the outcome. Jaime Harrison raised unprecedented amounts of money for the 2020 senate election and still couldn't even crack the Republicans' 54% freiwall in South Carolina.

Citizens United has turned out to have far less of an impact upon electoral outcomes then had initially been feared. Money doesn't always buy elections, and money cannot overcome partisan conditions that are very antagonistic to one party or the other.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #416 on: June 15, 2021, 04:59:43 PM »

Citizens United has turned out to have far less of an impact upon electoral outcomes then had initially been feared. Money doesn't always buy elections, and money cannot overcome partisan conditions that are very antagonistic to one party or the other.

Citizens United increased partisan polarization. In that respect, it has helped Republicans.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #417 on: June 15, 2021, 10:53:29 PM »

Citizens United increased partisan polarization. In that respect, it has helped Republicans.

Partisan polarization was on the rise long before Citizens United was handed down. I'd say that we can trace it to the rise of the Religious Right in the 1970s, the Republican Revolution of 1994, and the rise of both talk radio and Fox News.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #418 on: June 16, 2021, 05:43:52 AM »

I find this incredibly smart & interesting. Dems need to start fighting fire with fire on FB.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #419 on: June 16, 2021, 08:03:47 AM »

Goodbye Rubio
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #420 on: July 08, 2021, 12:03:01 AM »

I find it hilarious that what may be the most expensive senate race in 2022 is one that probably won't even be that competitive. Rubio will be fine.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #421 on: July 08, 2021, 11:16:18 AM »

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #422 on: July 08, 2021, 11:28:02 AM »

Yeah, McGrath and Harrison outraised McConnell and Graham too.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #423 on: July 08, 2021, 02:33:38 PM »

tbh the Rubio number is more impressive than the Demings numbers
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #424 on: July 08, 2021, 02:45:42 PM »

I won't donate another nickel to Ds they raise so much money but again, just like last time they can't give us another stimulus check and people STILL NEED HELP

WBROOKS AND LANDSLIDE LYNDON SAID HEGAR WAS GONNA BEAT CORNYN ABD DEMINGS IS 20 PTS BEHIND, SHE ISN'T AHEAD

DS ARE GONNA PERFORM WHERE BIDEN APPROVALS ARE AND HIS APPROVALS IN RASSY ARE 50/49% NOT ENOUGH TO WIN FL
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies