How many CDs has Biden won?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:57:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How many CDs has Biden won?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: How many CDs has Biden won?  (Read 17134 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2020, 02:34:37 PM »

TX is going to be interesting in redistricting because there are so many GOPers to protect, new seats to add. They may have honestly been better off had they lost a couple this year, they can pack Austin but its really hard to see them keeping the whole delegation, adding 2 of the new 3 seats and not losing 5-7 seats if there is a Dem wave in 2026 etc.

In addition they have to decide if TX-15, 28, 34 are worth going for. All 3 are meant as D vote sinks but hard to pack them even more. If they try to make them more R, then that is fewer voters to shore up 10, 21, 25, 31. It's one of the tougher gerrymander calls out there.

Given Nehls and Van Duyne are new and probably among their weaker incumbents, I wouldn't be shocked if they just gave them swing or even leaning blue seats that they might hold for one or two cycles before they flip rather than trying to shore up both for the decade.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2020, 04:33:52 PM »

TX is going to be interesting in redistricting because there are so many GOPers to protect, new seats to add. They may have honestly been better off had they lost a couple this year, they can pack Austin but its really hard to see them keeping the whole delegation, adding 2 of the new 3 seats and not losing 5-7 seats if there is a Dem wave in 2026 etc.

In addition they have to decide if TX-15, 28, 34 are worth going for. All 3 are meant as D vote sinks but hard to pack them even more. If they try to make them more R, then that is fewer voters to shore up 10, 21, 25, 31. It's one of the tougher gerrymander calls out there.

Given Nehls and Van Duyne are new and probably among their weaker incumbents, I wouldn't be shocked if they just gave them swing or even leaning blue seats that they might hold for one or two cycles before they flip rather than trying to shore up both for the decade.

That's wishful thinkings from your part, a more likely scenario is that CDs 7/32 will become D sink and that all the red seats will be shored up.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2020, 09:18:54 PM »

Also maybe this was already brought up, but what congressional district had the strongest leftward shift at the presidential level? I assume the strongest rightward shift was probably either a Cuban district in Florida or a fajita strip in the RGV.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2020, 10:01:23 PM »

Also maybe this was already brought up, but what congressional district had the strongest leftward shift at the presidential level? I assume the strongest rightward shift was probably either a Cuban district in Florida or a fajita strip in the RGV.
i know a few suburbs in Georgia,Texas and a few in the northern states(maybe)that swung double digits to Biden so it would be one of those
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2020, 11:36:53 PM »

That's wishful thinkings from your part, a more likely scenario is that CDs 7/32 will become D sink and that all the red seats will be shored up.

I mean you can't go for all safe seats in DFW, that metro is bluing and at a quite rapid pace, I think drawing a swingy seat that lasts part of the decade is a better trade off than going all out and risking a dummymander, you can probably get away with just ceding 7 in Houston, but idk, Crenshaw and Nehls might really be pushing it by the end of the decade.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2020, 12:04:32 AM »

I mean you can't go for all safe seats in DFW, that metro is bluing and at a quite rapid pace, I think drawing a swingy seat that lasts part of the decade is a better trade off than going all out and risking a dummymander, you can probably get away with just ceding 7 in Houston, but idk, Crenshaw and Nehls might really be pushing it by the end of the decade.

Congratulations on your 10,000th post! 👏🏻 🙌🏻 🍾
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2020, 12:23:18 AM »

It appears that Trump won NJ-03 by 0.2%. God, Richter sucked so hard.

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2020, 12:33:31 AM »

I think you mean that Andy Kim is an unbeatable demigod.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2020, 12:36:07 AM »

I think you mean that Andy Kim is an unbeatable demigod.

I will say that he's a very nice guy.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2020, 09:10:12 PM »

Connecticut:

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2020, 09:54:50 AM »

Utah:

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2020, 10:11:47 AM »

Utah:

A similar situation to NM-02. Trump's 9% margin in UT-04 proved to be too much for McAdams to overcome, although he came close due to the quality of his opponent. But then again, Trump won ME-02 by 7% and Golden was able to survive.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2020, 10:32:53 AM »

Utah:

Dems should probably shore up 2 and 5 a bit with the redraw once census numbers out.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »

Utah:

Dems should probably shore up 2 and 5 a bit with the redraw once census numbers out.

They can't.  The CT constitution has a 2/3rds majority requirement to pass maps.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2020, 11:44:49 AM »

PSA to the Republicans angling for 10-4 in GA. These Atlanta-Appalachia seats you keep wanting to draw have swung 10-15 points towards Biden from Clinton '16 alone, and in every single election for the past decade+, metro Atlanta has moved left. Gerrymander at your own risk!

I think the Republicans will probably cede the Gwinnett seat and try to crack Cobb, I'm genuinely not sure if it'll last the decade though.

The wisest thing they could do would be to try to flip GA-02 and instead concede 5 seats in the Atlanta area (4 would need to be black majority CVAP for this to hold up in court).

5 seats in Atlanta is a fair map lol,why would they not atleast claw back one seat and mountain range it all.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2020, 11:50:32 AM »

Connecticut:

very fitting that D gains among wealthier white voters have made CT-04 the most pro-Biden district in the state.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2020, 05:13:22 PM »

Washington:

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2020, 05:28:34 PM »

Connecticut:

very fitting that D gains among wealthier white voters have made CT-04 the most pro-Biden district in the state.

Doubly so when the district's former longtime GOP congressman is a staunch never-Trumper who endorsed Biden. If anything, Chris Shays epitomizes the politics of this area so well.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2020, 05:48:41 PM »

Washington:

No districts flipped in Washington this year, as Biden appears to have outperformed Clinton mainly through building up his margins in WA-08 and the other Democratic-held seats. That seems to be the trend in many solidly Democratic states-Biden building upon Clinton's margins through winning third-party and new voters.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2020, 05:54:17 PM »

5 seats in Atlanta is a fair map lol.

Uh-uh. 7 seats in Atlanta is a fair map. It's half the state. One (Milton, Forsyth) would lean R but be cancelled by the Columbus/Macon seat for 7-7 statewide.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #195 on: November 25, 2020, 06:09:41 PM »

Washington:

No districts flipped in Washington this year, as Biden appears to have outperformed Clinton mainly through building up his margins in WA-08 and the other Democratic-held seats. That seems to be the trend in many solidly Democratic states-Biden building upon Clinton's margins through winning third-party and new voters.

Dems on the redistricting commission better insist that WA-08 drops the counties east of the cascades.  That would probably move the district up to 58% Biden.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2020, 07:28:00 PM »

Washington:

I'm actually kinda surprised WA-3 was that close.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2020, 08:40:01 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2020, 09:05:34 PM by Roll Roons »

Washington:

And of course JHB outran Trump by 10 points. Now that I think about it, which GOP House incumbents DIDN’T run ahead of Trump? Jim Hagedorn is the only one I know of.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2020, 09:49:42 AM »

Washington:

And of course JHB outran Trump by 10 points. Now that I think about it, which GOP House incumbents DIDN’T run ahead of Trump? Jim Hagedorn is the only one I know of.

Apparently Richard Hudson (NC-08) ran behind Trump as well.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2020, 09:50:20 AM »

How did Trump do in CA-21?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies