Joe Biden's Cabinet Speculation/News
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:53:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joe Biden's Cabinet Speculation/News
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 61
Author Topic: Joe Biden's Cabinet Speculation/News  (Read 87676 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2020, 11:09:18 AM »

Gee! The battle for the soul of the nation.
Stop being a troll.

Russia is sending their best Tongue
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2020, 11:12:36 AM »

There are Italians with blonde hair and blue eyes lol. For most Italian-Americans, their ancestry comes from Sicily and Southern Italy where the people generally having tanner/darker skin and darker-colored hair (though, there was a Viking/Norman conquest of Sicily). However, Italians from Northern Italy generally have lighter/paler skin and lighter colored hair.

Yes I'm well aware of that which is why I wrote "stereotypically Italian" rather than just Italian, but the fact that she looks WASPy (and it's not just about hair/eyes) obviously increases the chance that it isn't her birth name.
Some Italians can look "WASPy". Northern Italy was settled by the Celts. Also, the Normans (Vikings) did conquer Sicily and Southern Italy and they certainly left their genetic imprint to some degree. The Normans also conquered Britain.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #227 on: November 19, 2020, 12:14:57 PM »

Stop being a troll.

How's this troll? Kenneth P. Vogel is a journo of NyT. And you can def call lobbyism a soul of America.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2020, 12:16:19 PM »

Stop being a troll.

How's this troll? Kenneth P. Vogel is a journo of NyT.
You always troll. You post some tweet and it's usually to sneak diss or troll the Democrats.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2020, 12:43:13 PM »

There are Italians with blonde hair and blue eyes lol. For most Italian-Americans, their ancestry comes from Sicily and Southern Italy where the people generally having tanner/darker skin and darker-colored hair (though, there was a Viking/Norman conquest of Sicily). However, Italians from Northern Italy generally have lighter/paler skin and lighter colored hair.

Yes I'm well aware of that which is why I wrote "stereotypically Italian" rather than just Italian, but the fact that she looks WASPy (and it's not just about hair/eyes) obviously increases the chance that it isn't her birth name.
Some Italians can look "WASPy". Northern Italy was settled by the Celts. Also, the Normans (Vikings) did conquer Sicily and Southern Italy and they certainly left their genetic imprint to some degree. The Normans also conquered Britain.

Like I said: I'm well aware of that. So STFU dude.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2020, 12:44:58 PM »

Like I said: I'm well aware of that. So STFU dude.
Um, calm down. No need to be hostile.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2020, 01:27:38 PM »

Most of these worked with the campaign, I don't see what's surprising maybe take issue then
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2020, 02:58:10 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2020, 03:01:10 PM »

Yeah, please limit any sitting House members and senators to a minimum. We don't want vacancies and special elections.

I'd really be stunned if Bernie is indeed picked for Labor Secretary and gets confirmed. I doubt he will get enough votes on the floor, though I'm not generally opposed to his selection as long as his replacement in the senate is assured to be a Democrat.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2020, 03:07:46 PM »

Yeah, please limit any sitting House members and senators to a minimum. We don't want vacancies and special elections.

I'd really be stunned if Bernie is indeed picked for Labor Secretary and gets confirmed. I doubt he will get enough votes on the floor, though I'm not generally opposed to his selection as long as his replacement in the senate is assured to be a Democrat.

In the past, Senators chosen to be in cabinet usually have an easy time getting confirmed. While I think Bernie might run into a few road blocks because some view him as an extreme leftist, I'd like to think his +10 years in the senate have earned him enough good will.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2020, 04:25:46 PM »

Angus King if he was taken wouldn't trigger a Special it will be a Gov  Mills appointment.

He should take Bullock as an appointment and Teresa Greenfield
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2020, 04:27:52 PM »

Glad it doesn’t sound like Pete will be cursed with VA; UN Ambassador or bust! 

Deval Patrick as AG would be a horrible choice with enough baggage, that he really shouldn’t be confirmed if nominated. 
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2020, 04:30:21 PM »

Glad it doesn’t sound like Pete will be cursed with VA; UN Ambassador or bust! 

Deval Patrick as AG would be a horrible choice with enough baggage, that he really shouldn’t be confirmed if nominated. 

Agree. It's gotta be Doug Jones.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #238 on: November 19, 2020, 04:35:58 PM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: November 19, 2020, 04:36:10 PM »

If this description is accurate, it's Yellen (or Brainard). Certainly not Warren or Raimondo, that's for sure.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #240 on: November 19, 2020, 04:44:05 PM »

Hopefully it’s Brainard
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #241 on: November 19, 2020, 05:05:38 PM »

Yeah that sounds like Brainard to me. I was hoping for Warren but I guess that's fine.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: November 19, 2020, 05:23:26 PM »

I actually suspect it's Yellen because progressive groups have generally supported her (IIRC the only issue they've had with her was that they thought she was proceeding too fast with the Fed's raising of interest rates, given that unemployment among people of color remained high & wage growth remained relatively weak at the time) whereas many progressives consider Brainard to be a Wall Street-linked centrist (IIRC she was on Warren's blacklist for a Hillary administration) who's soft on China (which is itself important because Biden said in the same press conference today that he wants to make "China play by the rules").

Though Brainard has signaled her support for some progressive economic proposals over the last 4 years, so who knows?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #243 on: November 19, 2020, 05:39:03 PM »

I actually suspect it's Yellen because progressive groups have generally supported her (IIRC the only issue they've had with her was that they thought she was proceeding too fast with the Fed's raising of interest rates, given that unemployment among people of color remained high & wage growth remained relatively weak at the time) whereas many progressives consider Brainard to be a Wall Street-linked centrist (IIRC she was on Warren's blacklist for a Hillary administration) who's soft on China (which is itself important because Biden said in the same press conference today that he wants to make "China play by the rules").

Though Brainard has signaled her support for some progressive economic proposals over the last 4 years, so who knows?

I would love Bloom Raskin in the role.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #244 on: November 19, 2020, 09:51:18 PM »

Biden doesn't have to look for talent on the hill there are several great mayors and former Obama official to choose from.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2020, 12:29:24 AM »

There were a couple Republicans who were blocked (mostly) by Democrats for consideration as Veterans Affairs Secretary who are now both members of the House:  Mark Rose in Tennessee and Ronny Jackson in Texas.  I don't know if they saw being V.A Secretary as a political stepping stone, but I agree with the general sentiment here that it's more like a millstone.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2020, 12:38:17 AM »

There were a couple Republicans who were blocked (mostly) by Democrats for consideration as Veterans Affairs Secretary who are now both members of the House:  Mark Rose in Tennessee and Ronny Jackson in Texas.  I don't know if they saw being V.A Secretary as a political stepping stone, but I agree with the general sentiment here that it's more like a millstone.

I mean Ronny Jackson wasn’t confirmed because he was basically a candy man of pills while White House doctor, was drunk all the time, and had no obviously qualifications
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2020, 08:37:43 AM »

I would love Bloom Raskin in the role.

She was one of my other favorites. But I'm assuming she's not a serious contender. I suppose Yellen would be fine as well.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2020, 09:36:06 AM »

They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix