Now that Biden has "won", remember this: (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Now that Biden has "won", remember this: (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Now that Biden has "won", remember this:  (Read 5437 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: November 07, 2020, 12:14:52 PM »

Has John James been projected the winner of MI Senate yet?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 12:36:29 PM »

Here's what I think happened.

Trump did to Democrats what Newt Gingrich did to Republicans. Created a high-propensity voting base who is no longer going to stay home during Democrat midterms. Remember, far more Republicans showed up in 2006 and 2018 than Democrats did in 2010 and 2014.

Do you expect that today's Democrats will be more energized to vote in 2022 than during Obama's years?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 12:40:59 PM »

Here's what I think happened.

Trump did to Democrats what Newt Gingrich did to Republicans. Created a high-propensity voting base who is no longer going to stay home during Democrat midterms. Remember, far more Republicans showed up in 2006 and 2018 than Democrats did in 2010 and 2014.

Do you expect that today's Democrats will be more energized to vote in 2022 than during Obama's years?

I think Trump turned out a lot of apolitical people who got swiped into Trump mania and QAnon. Without him, they won’t show up.

I think that's probably true, including in presidential years. I don't believe that people like Hawley will come close to recreating the enthusiasm Trump stirred up in his voters, but we'll have to wait and see won't we
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies