Now that Biden has "won", remember this: (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:07:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Now that Biden has "won", remember this: (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Now that Biden has "won", remember this:  (Read 5399 times)
cp
United Kingdom

« on: November 08, 2020, 10:32:06 AM »

I'm not going to respond to the unhinged paranoia of the previous post, but instead return to the unhinged bitterness of the OP ...

A historical note that might be useful to bring up here: If the Dems do end up short in the Senate, Biden will be in good company as a President who didn't have Congress controlled by his own party.

Just since WWII, Nixon, Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II (6 months after the fact) each were elected without their party controlling the House, the Senate, or both. Despite that, in each of their first two years in office these Presidents notched up some pretty impressive domestic and foreign policy achievements: OSHA, SALT I, tax reform, defense build up, Americans with Disabilities Act, oversight of the peaceful transition out of Communism in Eastern Europe, No Child Left Behind, the initial response to the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Put another way: if you're counting on Dems not having the Senate as a guarantee there will be no policy accomplishments by Biden that you will hate, you are going to end up *very* unhappy over the next two years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies