Arizona megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:19:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 67226 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: June 27, 2022, 05:45:45 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 11:09:08 PM »

Republicans have a stunning lack of empathy.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 08:04:03 PM »

I think Lake has a decent shot at winning, but the whole "Hobbs is running a historically bad campaign" seems like the kind of thing that's not going to age very well, like it's more based on 'vibes' than anything concrete.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 07:08:52 PM »

Likely a decent boost for Hobbs, could boost this from Tilt R to Tilt D
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 11:30:00 PM »

One of the few races where a Cheney endorsement might actually make the difference (aka Romney-Biden voters who are desperate for a 'return to normalcy' who may be tricked by Lake).
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 03:33:45 PM »

We have our first Lake ad:

Lmao what a terrible ad. "People have been lying about me. I'm not going to refute any of those lies or even say what they are, but here's a very brief backstory."
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 08:54:39 PM »

One of the stranger attacks on Hobbs recently has been a story about her not reporting income from her Uber side gig in 2016.

I don’t know why Hobbs isn’t running with the story. It really humanizes her. Kinda blows my mind that our Secretary of State was chaffeuring people around Phoenix five years ago to support her family. I would like to see more of that side of Katie—I think it would endear people to her.

But Republicans are the party of the working class!!!!11111!!!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2022, 02:50:45 AM »

One of the stranger attacks on Hobbs recently has been a story about her not reporting income from her Uber side gig in 2016.

I don’t know why Hobbs isn’t running with the story. It really humanizes her. Kinda blows my mind that our Secretary of State was chaffeuring people around Phoenix five years ago to support her family. I would like to see more of that side of Katie—I think it would endear people to her.

But Republicans are the party of the working class!!!!11111!!!

Of the white working class, but not of the minority working class - at least, not now. That would be a true realignment if that were to occur.

Perhaps, but 90% of the time in politics when people say "the working class" they mean 40+ white men without a college degree.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2022, 10:32:09 PM »

Why is Lake holding up so much better than Mastriano?

1. Shapiro is a stronger candidate than Hobbs. (I don't think Hobbs is that weak, Shapiro is just very strong.)

2. Lake is riding on the goodwill of being a charismatic TV personality, while Mastriano was defined as a MAGA extremist fairly early on.

3. Pennsylvania is slightly more Democratic-leaning than Arizona.

4. Arizona has only had one Democratic governor since 1991. Pennsylvania has had an equal number of Republican and Democratic governors since 1955.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 02:43:59 AM »

That's rich coming from the guy who thinks probably thinks "ANDREW TATE OWNS DUMB SJW FEMINIST - CRINGE COMPILATION" is the highest form of comedy.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2022, 07:20:09 PM »

Is wbrocks a member of the Kari Lake campaign team? wbrocks keeps posting clips that make me like Kari Lake more, lol

I feel safe in saying that you're not part of his target audience.

...a person who votes for D's or R depending on the election is not his target audience? Who is his audience - dem's who already agree with him and vote the same 100% of the time no matter what? Makes sense why his comments are so out of touch all of the time.

I think y'all need to realize the socially moderate lib econ moderate conservative is not the average swing voter. And y'all act like doubting some of the 2020 election is the most damning crime in humanity, when two of the democratic politicians I voted for, Hillary Clinton and Stacey Abrams, both deny the legitimacy of the person who beat them.

This is a lie.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2022, 03:10:10 AM »

The 87 people in Arizona who like both Tulsi and Lake will be thrilled
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2022, 01:16:36 PM »

Holy cow. She puts the press into a trance. This woman is something else. Not only will she probably win (and put Arizona's 11 electoral votes back to the GOP in '24) but she probably has a bright national future herself.

Democrats boosted Lake in the primary - as they did many other MAGA candidates - because they were confident that they could beat her in the general. It's backfiring on them now. She certainly was underestimated.

Some Dem operatives apparently learned zero lessons from 2016's pied piper strategy.

They didn't, and now it's almost certain that Lake and some of these other election denialists are going to win next month.

I don't know how to tell you this, but Republican primary voters have agency. Democrats didn't trick them into voting for Lake. This is a right-wing talking point, but I'm not surprised that you're falling for it.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2022, 10:05:34 PM »

Opposition to cartoonish racism is pearl clutching?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2022, 09:52:43 AM »

I’m not really sure how Hobbs not debating is supposedly single-handedly killing her campaign when after every other debate everyone on Atlas agrees that debates don’t change anything. You can’t have it both ways.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2022, 01:50:38 PM »

I’m not really sure how Hobbs not debating is supposedly single-handedly killing her campaign when after every other debate everyone on Atlas agrees that debates don’t change anything. You can’t have it both ways.
Debates don't change anything unless someone makes a big gaffe. But refusing to debate does. It looks cowardly and weak even to the vast majority who don't watch debates.

I honestly don't think persuadable voters will care or even know that she refused to debate.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2022, 11:17:11 PM »

The debate itself changes nothing; but you still have to agree to do it lest you look like you're a chicken.

So uh anyone else care to change their views on "Hobbs is an idiot for not debating" after Fetterman-Oz?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2022, 08:45:03 AM »

It's not about the debate itself, it's about the headline that says "Hobbs refuses to debate opponent"

I think Hobbs losing a debate is much more harmful than Hobbs refusing to debate.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2022, 03:00:03 PM »

Republicans are already crying about fraud so I assume this means turnout for Rs is bad?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2022, 12:19:46 AM »

Who would Hobbs/Master race voters be?  Frankly, both have weak candidate skills.

Single-issue anti-charisma voters.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2022, 08:57:53 PM »

Hobbs refusing to debate has to be one of the biggest campaign own-goals this cycle.

Lake hasn't been "begging" for a debate. She's been using Hobbs' refusal to debate as an attack against her, and if the polls are any indication, it has been an effective one.

Debates don't change anything unless someone makes a big gaffe. But refusing to debate does. It looks cowardly and weak even to the vast majority who don't watch debates.

The debate itself changes nothing; but you still have to agree to do it lest you look like you're a chicken.

Your belief is that Hobbs will still win because of how extreme Lake is? That the campaign which she's run matters little?

Smiley
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2022, 12:37:37 AM »

I am happy that Hobbs won..but just because Hobbs won doesn't necessarily mean she ran a great campaign. Her favorables were meh and she just came across a bland boring candidate..this election for me looked more like it was about Lake and in the end Lake acted bit too crazily and ended up losing. I think Hobbs would have lost if Lake acted just slightly more sanely.

I would like to get any insight from Arizonians here on this race and my assessment.

Watch Hobbs turn out to be an amazing governor with presidential buzz after all this lol.

Sometimes greatness comes from the people you least expect, after all. Harry Truman is Exhibit A, and this was certainly a Truman-esque win on her part.

Her appearance will be made fun of....Kari Lake is more attractive........

Not that physical appearance is relevant, but Hobbs is much more attractive
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2022, 11:48:00 AM »

I am happy that Hobbs won..but just because Hobbs won doesn't necessarily mean she ran a great campaign. Her favorables were meh and she just came across a bland boring candidate..this election for me looked more like it was about Lake and in the end Lake acted bit too crazily and ended up losing. I think Hobbs would have lost if Lake acted just slightly more sanely.

I would like to get any insight from Arizonians here on this race and my assessment.

Watch Hobbs turn out to be an amazing governor with presidential buzz after all this lol.

Sometimes greatness comes from the people you least expect, after all. Harry Truman is Exhibit A, and this was certainly a Truman-esque win on her part.

Her appearance will be made fun of....Kari Lake is more attractive........

Not that physical appearance is relevant, but Hobbs is much more attractive

Not that it should matter, but it unfortunately probably subtly does—I do not think Hobbs would have won if she had the haircut she had in 2018. Her growing out her hair probably mattered subconsciously.

Yeah it was a pretty crazy glow up, she looks like she lost some weight too.

It's very unfortunate that physical appearance could theoretically sink someone's campaign, and I imagine this is particularly likely to impact women (see: Chris Christie, Trump winning).
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2022, 11:31:30 PM »

Remember when Atlas peed its pants over this?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2022, 10:36:24 AM »

people leave California

Republicans: HAHAHAHAHA

they move to Arizona and vote Democrat

Republicans: WAIT NO!
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length