Arizona megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:44:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 52
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 69481 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2022, 02:31:16 PM »

Tying into what I said earlier and about what was asked about Kelly-Lake voters?  My parents, for two.  They're just in love with her.  I managed to cajole them into voting for Biden, and they really like Mark Kelly, but I can't currently dissuade them from voting for "Kari.
How did you convince them to vote for Biden in 2020?
Duke of York

« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2022, 02:56:52 PM »

What a mess of a candidate Hobbs is turning out to be. She is gonna lose this race against that nutcase Lake

Agreed. I’m calling the election likely R at this point.
AZdude
Rookie
« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2022, 03:14:07 PM »

Tying into what I said earlier and about what was asked about Kelly-Lake voters?  My parents, for two.  They're just in love with her.  I managed to cajole them into voting for Biden, and they really like Mark Kelly, but I can't currently dissuade them from voting for "Kari.
How did you convince them to vote for Biden in 2020?

My parents have always been pro-military (hence the like for Mark Kelly), and Trump lost their votes by daring to attack Saint McCain.  Frankly, I believe that's what cost Trump the state, not some huge love for Joe Biden.  From there, I played up Biden's seeming common-sense response to COVID and the empathy which he does so well, especially contrasted with the MAGA crowd.  But honestly, Trump did most of the work for me.

Anybody other than Kari Lake espousing that stupidity would be a slam dunk to get them to vote for Hobbs.  But I have hope I can sway them before the election.  I'm going to hit them with Lake badmouthing John McCain as hard as I can.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2022, 04:45:13 PM »

What a mess of a candidate Hobbs is turning out to be. She is gonna lose this race against that nutcase Lake

The most hilarious part about this narrative is the idea that Lake is running some top tier campaign. Where is the evidence of this? Hobbs is doing nothing to actively hurt herself. This forum for whatever reason acts as if Lake is some genius politician with tons of ads and appearances and Hobbs has not been seen in public in 3 months
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #354 on: September 13, 2022, 05:04:11 PM »

I think the issue with Hobbs and the debate has less to do with her doing the debate itself, though she lacks the excuse that Fetterman had, but more because it lets Lake characterize her as a "coward" or that she's hiding something from voters. It then puts Hobbs on defense and keeps Lake in charge of the election's narrative which should be about Lake and her extreme anti-choice, Big Lie peddling views.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #355 on: September 13, 2022, 08:03:34 PM »

I think the issue with Hobbs and the debate has less to do with her doing the debate itself, though she lacks the excuse that Fetterman had, but more because it lets Lake characterize her as a "coward" or that she's hiding something from voters. It then puts Hobbs on defense and keeps Lake in charge of the election's narrative which should be about Lake and her extreme anti-choice, Big Lie peddling views.

But where though? People outside of Twitter do not care about the debate and unless Lake is running ads calling Hobbs a coward, then where are people hearing that narrative?

Hobbs has a way bigger opening with naturally national news like abortion rights, i.e. Graham today. That kind of stuff makes a lot bigger noise than not doing or doing a debate
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2022, 09:08:56 PM »

Bro all Hobbs needs to do is call lake a Sussy Baka

Then she has this in the bag 100%
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #357 on: September 13, 2022, 09:20:31 PM »

Bro all Hobbs needs to do is call lake a Sussy Baka

Then she has this in the bag 100%
sussus amgous
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #358 on: September 13, 2022, 10:59:25 PM »

Ok jeez I agree that Hobbs has been underwhelming so far but the idea that she's DOA or this is a Likely R race or something like that is just asinine. This is still arguably likelier to flip than WI
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #359 on: September 14, 2022, 11:09:34 AM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2022, 11:36:47 AM »

Likely R? Likely R? You are delusional. This is Safe R.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #361 on: September 14, 2022, 12:16:17 PM »

She needs to do more Fetterman-ing like this

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2022, 06:37:17 PM »

She needs to do more Fetterman-ing like this

Not bad.

And yes, I agree. Fetterman's use of twitter has garnered a lot of media attention to Oz's detriment that helped with the effort of defining him early as out-of-touch. Hobbs probably has some catching up to do in that regard, but maybe it could help dilute whatever inexplicable charms Lake seems to have over people who should know better.
Cyrusman
« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2022, 08:18:04 PM »

Why did 538 give Hobbs such a big boost in their ratings the last two days? Is it literally just because of one poll by echelon insights showing Hobbs +10 which we all know is not true? If so, their method sucks and bases almost everything on these polls.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #364 on: September 14, 2022, 09:58:20 PM »

Why did 538 give Hobbs such a big boost in their ratings the last two days? Is it literally just because of one poll by echelon insights showing Hobbs +10 which we all know is not true? If so, their method sucks and bases almost everything on these polls.

We hav to rmbr though 538 is a model, not a person or some god that can see the future. If a model DOESN’T shift in Dems favor after a D+10 poll then it probably is a poor model and honestly so far 538 model hasn’t gotten too carried away with favorable Dem senate polls
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #365 on: September 15, 2022, 11:36:34 AM »

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #366 on: September 15, 2022, 12:37:41 PM »

For all Hobbs campaign misteps, Lake sure is doing all she can to keep Hobbs hopes alive lol
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #367 on: September 15, 2022, 05:34:09 PM »

Lake seems to have qualms about attaching herself to Finchem, possibly the most fringe candidate in the entire country, and Hobbs needs to capitalize on that. If Arizonans don't find Lake extreme on her own, surely associating so closely with an Oath Keeper should send that message, right?
xavier110
United States
« Reply #368 on: September 15, 2022, 10:44:14 PM »

Lake seems to have qualms about attaching herself to Finchem, possibly the most fringe candidate in the entire country, and Hobbs needs to capitalize on that. If Arizonans don't find Lake extreme on her own, surely associating so closely with an Oath Keeper should send that message, right?

The average voter has no idea who Finchem is
Spectator
United States

« Reply #369 on: September 16, 2022, 06:46:55 AM »

For all Hobbs campaign misteps, Lake sure is doing all she can to keep Hobbs hopes alive lol

I was told that Kari Lake was the one running a good campaign by the people in this thread though
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #370 on: September 16, 2022, 07:13:45 AM »

I was told that Kari Lake was the one running a good campaign by the people in this thread though
I mean she's attacking Hobbs on the right issues but her election denialism is a turnoff
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: September 16, 2022, 05:34:03 PM »

The average voter has no idea who Finchem is

Relative to other Secretary of State races around the country, even others where election deniers are running, I would argue that Finchem is attracting the most attention. And if voters aren't all that familiar, perhaps Hobbs could help make him more well-known.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #372 on: September 16, 2022, 06:45:06 PM »

Perhaps not an optimal message for a swing state.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #373 on: September 16, 2022, 06:58:54 PM »

It's ironic that she said this, considering that she was part of the media (as a local news anchor) for many years, and that is the reason why she is widely known in Arizona. It's unfortunate that she has such a good chance at winning here, since Hobbs can't campaign her way out of a paper bag.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #374 on: September 16, 2022, 07:32:48 PM »

It's ironic that she said this, considering that she was part of the media (as a local news anchor) for many years, and that is the reason why she is widely known in Arizona. It's unfortunate that she has such a good chance at winning here, since Hobbs can't campaign her way out of a paper bag.

Except I would argue that Hobbs is actually out there meeting voters and doing things while Lake is simply just saying crazy things. Where is the actual campaigning from Lake?

This entire premise of "Lake says insane things >>>> she's such a good campaigner" is seriously galaxy brain
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 52  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies