When We Stand Divided - A Story of the Second American Civil War (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:21:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  When We Stand Divided - A Story of the Second American Civil War (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When We Stand Divided - A Story of the Second American Civil War  (Read 6445 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« on: November 10, 2020, 01:48:28 AM »

This is interesting and well-written. Here are a few things I am wondering about, which you may want to consider. It seems like you are mostly focusing on conventional warfare between militias/national guard/etc so far. IDK if that will continue to be the focus. I think it is ok if that is what you want to do, but if you want to be realistic these things could maybe be integrated into the story of what is happening.

a) What if any efforts are being made on each side making to mobilize people? Are national guard units, the army, or militias training more people? Are these efforts varied/decentralized or is there any attempt by the government(s) to organize this?

b) What is happening/will happen with the economy? Presumably there is a lot of disruption. The modern economy is highly dependent on trade, both internationally and transporting things within the country (i.e. parts needed in factories possibly in "enemy territory"). Perhaps most importantly, how is the food supply system? Utilities etc?

c) Are cyber attacks and electronic warfare playing a big role? Is the internet/cell phone communication entirely working? One would think this would be a major part of the conflict. Relatedly, who controls the NSA and the intelligence apparatus?

d) What is the role of drones? I guess at least for now they are probably not being used since the air force is not bombing US territory, but eventually...
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 04:16:45 PM »

Two other things I am wondering about:

1) Covid is still raging? Presumably the conflict is not going to help with the response to that situation...

2) What is the situation on the US-Mexico border? I would wonder if the Mexican drug cartels would get involved, if nothing else with smuggling arms and the like. Although Texas as a whole is with the Trumpists, perhaps there might be some resistance along the border in particular (due to the geography), perhaps in places like El Paso/South Texas/Laredo.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 03:27:54 AM »

I have a major personal event in the coming days with significant bearing on my future, so this probably won't be updated till after Wednesday.

I hope that whatever it is went well, and hopefully if you get a chance when more important things are dealt with you can do some more updates. Cheesy
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 06:44:09 PM »

Strongly considering reviving this (after Biden's inauguration, though). Thoughts?

YES PLEASE. This was fantastic

Yes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies