Sleepytime: 2020 and Beyond
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:21:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Sleepytime: 2020 and Beyond
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sleepytime: 2020 and Beyond  (Read 1035 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2020, 02:20:51 AM »

This timeline starts around December, court cases are over, and Joe Biden wins the Electoral College and the Presidency. Trump (kinda reluctantly) concedes, and Biden is set to name his cabinet.
First (major) post coming soon.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 02:58:15 AM »

Joe Biden certified as winner
After about a month and a half of legal battles, the courts have found no significant cases of widespread voter fraud. Recounts in several close swing states saw the total vote margins change for both candidates, but not significant enough to overturn any results, which was expected. Down the ballot, the only result overturned was IA-02, where Republican Marianette Miller-Meeks defeated Rita Hart by only 102 votes after the districtwide recount. All states have certified their results, and Trump is now expected to concede.

Trump: After fighting hard for over a month and a half, the long battle in court has ended. Even though this is not the result we had hoped for, this is reality. I mean, Of course there could have still been fraud and the courts were wrong to drop charges, they say no evidence was found but maybe they didn't look hard enough. There were irregularities in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia. And in the great state of Iowa, where Marianette Miller Meeks, who will be a great representative by the way, was nearly robbed of her rightful seat in Congress. But it is what it is and I have to concede. At least my supporters aren't burning down buildings and resorting to violence the way the ANTIFA members are. I have called President-elect Joe Biden to concede the election. As much as I loved being President, I love my country far more, and believe me, it is in everybody's best interests to move forward towards a peaceful transition of power. We will continue to fight to Make America Great Again! I may be leaving the White House next month but I am not going anywhere. Thank you and God Bless.

Biden 306
Trump 232

House: 226 D, 209 R
R Gain: CA-21, CA-39, CA-48. FL-26, FL-27, IA-01, IA-02, MI-03, MN-07, NJ-07, NM-02, NY-11, NY-21 OK-05, SC-01, UT-04
D Gain: CA-25, GA-07, NC-02, NC-06
Net Gain: R+12

Senate: 50 R, 48 D.
Georgia runoffs, January 5

Polling, RCP Average

Perdue 51%
Ossoff 46%

Loeffler 48%
Warnock 48%

Next: Biden's cabinet picks
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 09:14:30 AM »

Tom Kean FTW!!! Trump's statement honestly sounds too nice for him.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 01:42:21 PM »

Tom Kean FTW!!! Trump's statement honestly sounds too nice for him.
Glad you like it! And as for Trump, he’s definitely not done speaking, that’s for sure.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 03:00:39 AM »

Biden Names First Few Cabinet Picks
Secretary of State: Susan Rice
      Deputy: Samantha Power
Secretary of Defense: Michele Flournoy
      Deputy: Kathleen Hicks
Attorney General: Doug Jones
      Deputy: Preet Bharara
Secretary of the Interior: Tom Udall
      Deputy: Jamescita Peshlakai
Secretary of Veterans' Affairs: Pete Buttigieg
      Deputy: Meg Kabat

The dovish wing of the Democratic Party, as expected, shrugs at a very hawkish (so far) foreign policy cabinet nominated. The selection of Jones, however, received strong praise from the Democrats, as did Bharara. Udall, the former Senator from New Mexico, is nominated to lead the DOI, and Peshlakaim, an Arizona State Senator, and Navajo Tribe member, gets the #2 spot, in recognition in the Navajo Nation helping Biden carry Arizona. Buttigieg, a rising Democrat star, is nominated to lead the VA.

Pelosi's Future up in the Air as House Democrats Quarrel?
Moderates and Progressives both blame each other for their party's underperformance. Big vote among Democrats looms upon swearing in of the 117th Congress. Hakeem Jeffries rumored to be the consensus alternative if Pelosi is challenged, though insiders expect her to remain Speaker.

CNN's Don Lemon, others, praised Trump's Concession
"I thought for the first time he finally acted Presidential. What a shame it took him defeat, at both the ballot boxes and in court, to do so. January 20 cannot come soon enough." - Don Lemon

After initially receiving praise, Trump back in a Tweetstorm
@realdonaldtrump: "If Democrats said I was illegitimate four years ago then I think Biden is illegitimate!"
@realdonaldtrump: "Insufficient evidence of mass voter fraud was not found bc corrupt Dems and complicit RINOs covered it up. I KNOW I truly won and won BIG."
@realdonaldtrump: "If Little Adam Schitt and the do-nothing Dems want to keep investigating me then the voter fraud must be investigated as well."
Needless to say the temporary "praise" was short-lived, and many criticized the outgoing President's behavior. His base, however, had little to no feelings about it.

Fox News ratings plummet to all-time low (down 80%). Newsmax and OANN ratings up
This is a major development nobody would have seen coming a year ago. But with changing leadership at Fox News, along with a sharp leftward trend, has alienated the core of their viewership base. The biggest benefactors? Newsmax and One America News Network, whose ratings surge is attributed to dissatisfied Trump voters.

Luke Letlow elected Representative for Louisiana's 5th District
Luke Letlow (R), 67%
Lance Harris (R), 33%
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 01:43:40 AM »

Remainder of Biden's Cabinet Nominees
Secretary of the Treasury: Lael Brainard
      Deputy: Sarah Bloom Raskin
Secretary of Agriculture: Marcia Fudge
      Deputy: Michael Scuse
Secretary of Commerce: Meg Whitman
      Deputy: Mellody Hobson
Secretary of Labor: Julie Su
      Deputy: Anthony Blinken
Secretary of HUD: Alvin Brown
      Deputy: Diane Yentel
Secretary of HHS: Michelle Lujan-Grisham
      Deputy: Vivek Murthy
Secretary of Education: Randi Weingarten
      Deputy: Janice Jackson
Secretary of Transportation: Julian Castro
      Deputy: Vinn White
Secretary of Energy: Ernest Moniz
      Deputy: Arun Majumdar
Secretary of Homeland Security: Alejandro Mayorkas
      Deputy: Lisa Monaco

Cabinet-Level Officials
Chief of Staff: Ron Klain
Senior Advisor: Cedric Richmond
Trade Rep: Jimmy Gomez
DNI: Angus King
OMB Director: Brian Deese
CIA Director: Tom Donilon
EPA Administrator: Mary Nichols
SBA Administrator: Nydia Velazquez
US Ambassador to the UN: Mark Gitenstein

Biden nominates the most diverse cabinet yet, with many first. He intends the Deputy Secretaries to figure more prominently in decision-making and public appearance than prior administrations.

House Vacancies: LA-02, NY-07, OH-11, CA-34
Sara Gideon is appointed to King's Senate seat. Special election set for November 3, 2022.

Democratic House Leadership: No Surprises
Pelosi retains her role as Speaker despite rumors of strong opposition within her own party. However, she is not expected to run for reelection following the expiration of her current term. Democrats already begin looking to the future, and the post-Pelosi House Democrat Leadership is exepected to feature a heated, hard-fought race that will play a huge role in the future direction of the Democratic Party.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 03:44:48 AM »

Republicans hold both Georgia Seats, Sweep Runoffs
David Perdue (R) 52%
Jon Ossoff (D) 48%

Kelly Loeffler (R) 51%
Raphael Warnock 49%

@realdonaldtrump: Congratulations to David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler for winning reelection in the Great State of Georgia! Crazy Chuck Schumer and his radical agenda have been resoundingly rejected by the voters in the Peach State despite efforts by far-left outside groups.

@realdonaldtrump: This time with the elections being closely watched there is no sign of fraudulent activity in the runoffs. Proof that the Presidential Election was rigged.

Susan Rice withdraws her nomination for Secretary of State
After controversies over her handling of the 2012 Benghazi Attacks resurface, multiple Senators from both parties express opposition to Rice's nomination. Many Republicans were also displeased with her after information from declassified emails regarding her and Obama meeting with now-pardoned Gen. Michael Flynn was made public, and McConnell threatened to block Rice's confirmation based on merits. Therefore, Rice announces she withdraws her name from consideration. Biden nominates Tony Blinken, seen as a far safer choice, in her place.

Trump, in his final days before leaving office, continues to tweet at a high rate, not afraid to express his views. His supporters continue to support his tweets. Critics attack Trump for claiming an election was fair when the results were what he wanted.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies