THE WHITE HOUSE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:08:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  THE WHITE HOUSE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: THE WHITE HOUSE  (Read 3496 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2020, 02:04:28 PM »

The White House

Public domain US federal gov photo
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 08:52:54 PM »

Inaugural Address
It's a great honor to be here tonight. A long time in the making, let me tell you. But I've shown the virtues of patience and hard work and got here today by no means of just myself, but with the help and support of many, many great people.

Many of you didn't vote for me, may not like me, and to that I say, well, your loss. Even the losers and haters deserve a place in this country. I won in a solid victory, not quite a landslide as that word has been stretched to proportions unseen before two years ago, but the not-so-silent majority has risen up once again and told the capitalist class and police state madmen to shove it up their ass. I'll deliver and bring peace and freedom to a level never seen before.

It's a great day in history for Atlasia. It'll be a great four months as well. Thank you, and good night.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 03:09:24 AM »

Executive Order 001
I am hereby releasing all Government files relating to the presence of unidentified flying objects in the sky, alien presence on earth, and reports of similar unexplained phenomena such as Bigfoot and the Mothman. The Game Moderator shall examine the contents and effects of the released documents.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 01:16:32 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2020, 11:45:44 PM by MB »

Executive Order 002
I am granting clemency to the following individuals, with prison release set for Thursday, November 12:

-Mumia Abu-Jamal, murder (Black Panther)
-Sundiata Acoli, murder (Black Panther)
-Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin (H. Rap Brown), murder (SNCC/Black Panther)
-Herman Bell, murder (Black Liberation)
-Byron Shane Chubbuck, bank robbery (Indigenous rights)
-Bill Dunne, aiding and abetting a prison escape (Left wing activist)
-David Gilbert, felony homicide (Weather Underground)
-Jeremy Hammond, computer fraud (Wikileaks)
-Alvaro Luna Hernandez, aggravated assault of a police officer (Chicano Liberation)
-Theodore Joseph Kaczynski, aka "Unabomber", 10 counts of transportation, mailing, and use of bombs; 3 counts of murder
-Jaan Karl Laaman, attempted murder (United Freedom Front)
-Marius Mason, arson (Earth Liberation Front)
-Kojo Bomani Sababu (Grailing Brown), bank robbery (New Afrika)
-Assata Shakur, murder (Black liberation)
-Mutulu Shakur, bank robbery (Black liberation)
-Russell Maroon Shoatz, murder (Black liberation)
- Ross William Ulbricht, aka "Dread Pirate Roberts", money laundering, computer hacking, conspiracy to traffic narcotics (Dark web)

Explanation:
For a large percentage of these people, their conviction and sentencing was dubious, and almost all have spent decades in prison and are now fairly old. I doubt they pose any threat to society.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 02:16:42 PM »

Acknowledging I've taken notice of Executive Orders 1 and 2, will simulate their effect when it is possible to do so.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 10:34:51 PM »

Mr. President, this bill has passed Congress and awaits your signature.

A BILL
To correct oversights in the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 (BAPCPA)

Be it enacted by the House of Representatives and Senate assembled:
Section 1. Title & Definitions

1. This legislation may be cited as the Stop Corporate Looting Act of 2020.

2. BAPCPA is defined herein as an abbreviation for the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005.

2. "Performance bonus plan," or "PBP," is defined as any transaction covered by Sec. 331 of the BAPCPA as it stood on October 1st, 2020.

Section 2. Closing Bonus Plan Regulation Loopholes

1. Upon initiation of bankruptcy proceedings under 11 U.S. Code Title 11, a company shall provide the bankruptcy judge a comprehensive accounting of PBPs implemented by the company within the prior six months.
a. In such cases where PBPs have been implemented by the company within this period, the company shall reimburse their creditors for an amount equivalent to the value of the PBP.

2. No company shall implement any PBPs within six months of the conclusion of bankruptcy proceedings under 11 U.S. Code Title 11.
a. Should the company be found in violation of this clause, they shall be held liable in the amount of the value of the violating PBP.

3. No PBP prohibited by Sec. 331 of the BAPCPA shall be implemented as part of a reorganization plan authorized under 11 U.S. Code § 1129.

4. Payments made under PBPs paid within the six months prior to the initiation of bankruptcy proceedings under 11 U.S. Code Title 11, or within the six months successive to the conclusion of such proceedings, shall not be federally tax-deductible.

Section 3. Establishing Fact-Finding Processes for Approval of Bonus Plans for Bankrupt Companies

1. The Congress finds that, considering the conflict between private incentive and public interest inherent in BAPCPA proceedings for approval of PBPs, and the difficulty inherent in ascertaining the merits of such plans, bankruptcy judges deserve to see arguments from both companies and the U.S. in situations where they must approve or deny a PBP.

2. If a company engaging in bankruptcy proceedings under the provisions of 11 U.S. Code Title 11 requests that a bankruptcy judge approve a bonus plan as specified under Sec. 331 of the BAPCPA, the U.S. Trustee shall brief the judge on their opinion on whether the PBP should be permitted.
a. The judge shall provide an appropriate amount of time for the Trustee to voice their opinion in such cases.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 6-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

People's House of Representatives
Passed 5-0-0-4 in the House of Representatives

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 10:44:24 PM »

Executive Order 002
I am granting clemency to the following individuals, with prison release set for Thursday, November 12:

-Mumia Abu-Jamal, murder
-Sundiata Acoli, murder
-Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin (H. Rap Brown), murder
-Herman Bell, murder
-Byron Shane Chubbuck, bank robbery
-Bill Dunne, aiding and abetting a prison escape
-David Gilbert, felony homicide
-Jeremy Hammond, computer fraud
-Alvaro Luna Hernandez, aggravated assault of a police officer
-Theodore Joseph Kaczynski, aka "Unabomber", 10 counts of transportation, mailing, and use of bombs; 3 counts of murder
-Jaan Karl Laaman, attempted murder
-Marius Mason, arson
-Kojo Bomani Sababu (Grailing Brown), bank robbery
-Assata Shakur, murder
-Mutulu Shakur, bank robbery
-Russell Maroon Shoatz, murder
- Ross William Ulbricht, aka "Dread Pirate Roberts", money laundering, computer hacking, conspiracy to traffic narcotics

Explanation:
For a large percentage of these people, their conviction and sentencing was dubious, and almost all have spent decades in prison and are now fairly old. I doubt they pose any threat to society.

Might I suggest another name? Smile
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 12:43:28 AM »

Executive Order 002

-Mumia Abu-Jamal, murder
-Sundiata Acoli, murder
-Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin (H. Rap Brown), murder
-Herman Bell, murder
-Byron Shane Chubbuck, bank robbery
-Bill Dunne, aiding and abetting a prison escape
-David Gilbert, felony homicide
-Jeremy Hammond, computer fraud
-Alvaro Luna Hernandez, aggravated assault of a police officer
-Jaan Karl Laaman, attempted murder
-Marius Mason, arson
-Kojo Bomani Sababu (Grailing Brown), bank robbery
-Assata Shakur, murder
-Mutulu Shakur, bank robbery
-Russell Maroon Shoatz, murder
- Ross William Ulbricht, aka "Dread Pirate Roberts", money laundering, computer hacking, conspiracy to traffic narcotics

Explanation:

Might I suggest another name? Smile
I can only do federal stuff sorry. I'd take this to the governor of the South.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 12:59:03 AM »

A BILL
To correct oversights in the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 (BAPCPA)

Be it enacted by the House of Representatives and Senate assembled:
Section 1. Title & Definitions

1. This legislation may be cited as the Stop Corporate Looting Act of 2020.

2. BAPCPA is defined herein as an abbreviation for the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005.

2. "Performance bonus plan," or "PBP," is defined as any transaction covered by Sec. 331 of the BAPCPA as it stood on October 1st, 2020.

Section 2. Closing Bonus Plan Regulation Loopholes

1. Upon initiation of bankruptcy proceedings under 11 U.S. Code Title 11, a company shall provide the bankruptcy judge a comprehensive accounting of PBPs implemented by the company within the prior six months.
a. In such cases where PBPs have been implemented by the company within this period, the company shall reimburse their creditors for an amount equivalent to the value of the PBP.

2. No company shall implement any PBPs within six months of the conclusion of bankruptcy proceedings under 11 U.S. Code Title 11.
a. Should the company be found in violation of this clause, they shall be held liable in the amount of the value of the violating PBP.

3. No PBP prohibited by Sec. 331 of the BAPCPA shall be implemented as part of a reorganization plan authorized under 11 U.S. Code § 1129.

4. Payments made under PBPs paid within the six months prior to the initiation of bankruptcy proceedings under 11 U.S. Code Title 11, or within the six months successive to the conclusion of such proceedings, shall not be federally tax-deductible.

Section 3. Establishing Fact-Finding Processes for Approval of Bonus Plans for Bankrupt Companies

1. The Congress finds that, considering the conflict between private incentive and public interest inherent in BAPCPA proceedings for approval of PBPs, and the difficulty inherent in ascertaining the merits of such plans, bankruptcy judges deserve to see arguments from both companies and the U.S. in situations where they must approve or deny a PBP.

2. If a company engaging in bankruptcy proceedings under the provisions of 11 U.S. Code Title 11 requests that a bankruptcy judge approve a bonus plan as specified under Sec. 331 of the BAPCPA, the U.S. Trustee shall brief the judge on their opinion on whether the PBP should be permitted.
a. The judge shall provide an appropriate amount of time for the Trustee to voice their opinion in such cases.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 6-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Passed 5-0-0-4 in the House of Representatives

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 08:00:36 PM »

Quote from: Revised House Text
Quote from: Final Senate Text
Quote from: Final House Text
A BILL
To mitigate the costs of childcare due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Be it ordained by the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Section I. Title
i. The title of this legislation shall be the Reduction of Childcare Costs Act
ii. The purpose of this legislation is to reduce childcare costs

Section II. Provisions
i. In response to the declared public health emergency, to hereby establish a national child care stabilization fund
ii. The national child care fund shall be financed through taxation
iii. To establish categorical grants to each state in the Republic of Atlasia, child care stabilization grants shall be authorized to the appropriate agency of each state
iv. The fund shall not exceed an amount of $50,000,000 $300,000,000
v. The fund may also be used to grant child care tax subsidies to states through revenue sharing, which in turn, can direct them to municipalities

Section III. Use of Grants
i. The state agency may only use the grants established by law to carry out activities to improve the supply and quality of child care such as conducting community assessment of child care centers OR to aid individuals in reducing their childcare costs by applying to the appropriate state agency
ii. The grant amount shall be based on the operating expenses of centers

Passed 6-1-0-2 in the House of Representatives

Senate
Passed 6-0-0-0 in the Senate

House (Revised)
Passed 8-0-0-0 in the House

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 02:29:12 AM »

Quote from: Revised House Text
A BILL
To mitigate the costs of childcare due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Be it ordained by the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Section I. Title
i. The title of this legislation shall be the Reduction of Childcare Costs Act
ii. The purpose of this legislation is to reduce childcare costs

Section II. Provisions
i. In response to the declared public health emergency, to hereby establish a national child care stabilization fund
ii. The national child care fund shall be financed through taxation
iii. To establish categorical grants to each state in the Republic of Atlasia, child care stabilization grants shall be authorized to the appropriate agency of each state
iv. The fund shall not exceed an amount of $50,000,000 $300,000,000
v. The fund may also be used to grant child care tax subsidies to states through revenue sharing, which in turn, can direct them to municipalities

Section III. Use of Grants
i. The state agency may only use the grants established by law to carry out activities to improve the supply and quality of child care such as conducting community assessment of child care centers OR to aid individuals in reducing their childcare costs by applying to the appropriate state agency
ii. The grant amount shall be based on the operating expenses of centers

Senate
Passed 6-0-0-0 in the Senate

House (Revised)
Passed 8-0-0-0 in the House

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 10:25:05 PM »

(Apologies for missing this one earlier.)

A BILL
To extend previously passed COVID Stimulus measures

Be it enacted in both houses of Congress Assembled,
Section 1. Title
1. This legislation may be cited as the Second Emergency Economic Stimulus Act of 2020.
Section 2. Extension of Expiring Stimulus Measures
1. The universal income established under Section 2 of the Emergency Economic Stimulus Act of 2020 shall be extended from October 1, 2020 until April 1, 2021 persuant to subsection 4.
2. From April 1, 2021, the universal income shall decrease by 25% on the first day of each month until it is eliminated.
3. A congressional vote shall begin 14 days before April 1, 2021 in both houses of Congress for Congress to decide whether or not to extend the universal income.
a) The vote shall be a simple 'Aye' or 'Nay' on the extension. If Aye receives a majority in both houses of Congress then Congress shall be able to decide on the length of the extension. The default shall be for the universal income to continue in full until July 1, 2021, in the event of an Aye vote-unless Congress legislates for an alternative end date.
4. Section 5 of the _ shall be ammended as follows:
1a. Citizens, permanent residents and households in the Republic of Atlasia who do not have a source of income above the federal minimum wage between April 1, 2020 and April 1, 2021; may not be evicted from their house, nor their supply of water, electricity or internet cut off; for not paying the appropiate bills.
1b. Between April 2, 2021 and July 31, 2021; utilities may be cut for not paying their appropiate bills, but no tenants shall be evicted from their house for not paying the appropiate mortgage or rent bills.
1c. After July 31, 2021; companies and tenants may rise the appropiate bills by no more than 10% in order to recover the unpaid dues.
2. The earning of unemployment benefits between April 1st, 2020 and April 1st, 2021 shall not affect in any way the collection of future unemployment benefits.
3. The payments discussed in Sections 2.1 and 2.2 shall not be counted towards the federal minimum wage accounting discussed in Section 4.1

People's Regional Senate
Passed 6-0 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2020, 01:17:23 AM »

(Apologies for missing this one earlier.)

A BILL
To extend previously passed COVID Stimulus measures

Be it enacted in both houses of Congress Assembled,
Section 1. Title
1. This legislation may be cited as the Second Emergency Economic Stimulus Act of 2020.
Section 2. Extension of Expiring Stimulus Measures
1. The universal income established under Section 2 of the Emergency Economic Stimulus Act of 2020 shall be extended from October 1, 2020 until April 1, 2021 persuant to subsection 4.
2. From April 1, 2021, the universal income shall decrease by 25% on the first day of each month until it is eliminated.
3. A congressional vote shall begin 14 days before April 1, 2021 in both houses of Congress for Congress to decide whether or not to extend the universal income.
a) The vote shall be a simple 'Aye' or 'Nay' on the extension. If Aye receives a majority in both houses of Congress then Congress shall be able to decide on the length of the extension. The default shall be for the universal income to continue in full until July 1, 2021, in the event of an Aye vote-unless Congress legislates for an alternative end date.
4. Section 5 of the _ shall be ammended as follows:
1a. Citizens, permanent residents and households in the Republic of Atlasia who do not have a source of income above the federal minimum wage between April 1, 2020 and April 1, 2021; may not be evicted from their house, nor their supply of water, electricity or internet cut off; for not paying the appropiate bills.
1b. Between April 2, 2021 and July 31, 2021; utilities may be cut for not paying their appropiate bills, but no tenants shall be evicted from their house for not paying the appropiate mortgage or rent bills.
1c. After July 31, 2021; companies and tenants may rise the appropiate bills by no more than 10% in order to recover the unpaid dues.
2. The earning of unemployment benefits between April 1st, 2020 and April 1st, 2021 shall not affect in any way the collection of future unemployment benefits.
3. The payments discussed in Sections 2.1 and 2.2 shall not be counted towards the federal minimum wage accounting discussed in Section 4.1

People's Regional Senate
Passed 6-0 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 05:41:37 PM »

Joint Resolution
To provide for a one-time, temporary extension of budget levels to allow the budget to be posted and fully debated without a shutdown.

Be it Resolved in Both Houses of Congress Assembled,

Second Continuing Resolution to Avoid Shutdown
1. Funding for Atlasia's government will be maintained at current levels through January 31st, 2021 or until a Budget Resolution is adopted.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Passed 7-0-0-2 in the Atlasian House of Representatives Assembled,

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2020, 01:25:37 AM »

Joint Resolution
To provide for a one-time, temporary extension of budget levels to allow the budget to be posted and fully debated without a shutdown.

Be it Resolved in Both Houses of Congress Assembled,

Second Continuing Resolution to Avoid Shutdown
1. Funding for Atlasia's government will be maintained at current levels through January 31st, 2021 or until a Budget Resolution is adopted.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Passed 7-0-0-2 in the Atlasian House of Representatives Assembled,

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 10:38:13 PM »

Executive Order 003
Happy belated Thanksgiving. That being said, I’m relieving Comptroller General Blairite of his duties effective upon confirmation of a new one.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 10:47:27 PM »

Executive Order 004
August 12 is declared George Soros Appreciation Day to honor a great Atlasian Patriot.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2020, 01:49:44 AM »

Executive Order 005
I nominate CraneHusband to be the next Comptroller General.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 12:23:25 AM »

Executive Order 006
The Atlasian Government confirms the ascension of Gerta Baer to the position of acting President of Paflagonia. Former President Adolf Von Kummerspeck has no legitimacy in our view.

Executive Order 007
I stand by all past decisions made. I urge the people who have criticized my pardons in particular to look at the impact on the criminal justice system and on peoples' livelihoods that locking them up for life takes.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 12:24:34 AM »

Executive Order 008
Any resident of Hong Kong may receive permanent asylum in Atlasia effective immediately.

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2020, 01:29:58 AM »

Executive Order 009

I'm commuting the sentence of Brandon Bernard to 30 years in prison with parole eligibility beginning next year.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2020, 12:16:51 AM »

Acknowledging I've taken notice of Executive Orders 006, 008 and 009, may simulate some effects upon return from my trip.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 07:11:06 PM »

The Red-Green New Deal

SENATE BILL

To address climate change in Atlasia

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in Congress assembled,

Section I: Title

1. This Act may be cited as the "Red-Green New Deal" or "RGND".

Section II: Resolution

1. We Recognize:

a. The seriousness and urgency associated with climate change must be met with swift action in order to ensure the continued welfare and prosperity of all Atlasians.

b. Those at fault must be held accountable, and the industries polluting our environment must be eliminated.

c. We must aim for a total phase-out of fossil fuels by 2035.

d. We can spark a green revolution in Atlasia and become a focal point in a new age of industry and technology.

Section III: Extraction

1. Offshore drilling within 25 miles of the Atlasian coastline shall be prohibited from January 1st, 2024.

2. The placing of new oil pipeline, other than for the use of repair or renovation of existing lines, is hereby prohibited.

a. Any update, repair, or alteration to existing pipeline must comply with existing regulation and be reviewed by appropriate local and federal agencies.

Section IV: Hydraulic Fracking

1. No new leases shall be granted by any federal agency for new hydraulic fracturing operations, new pipelines, new liquefied natural gas or oil export terminals, new natural gas storage, new ethane cracker plants, new natural gas power generation plants, or other infrastructure intended to extract, transport, or burn natural gas or oil.

2. A tax of 10% shall be applied on the profits of any firm which operates any existing lease for hydraulic fracturing operations from the 1st January 2021.

a. This tax shall increase to 15% from the 1st January 2022.

b. This tax shall increase to 20% on the 1st January 2023.

c. Beginning on July 1, 2022, the practice of hydraulic fracturing for oil and natural gas is prohibited within 2,500 feet of a home, school, or other inhabited structure in Atlasia.

d. Beginning on January 1,  2025, the practice of hydraulic fracturing for oil and natural gas is prohibited on all onshore and offshore land in Atlasia.

Section V: Utility Ownership

1. The Department of Internal Affairs shall be instructed to create a Social Energy Fund.

a. The Fund shall receive an amount equivalent to gaining public control over the top twenty five largest publicly traded energy companies headquartered in Atlasia.

i. "Public Control" is defined as at least 51% of total shares.

b. The Fund shall offer to voluntarily purchase up to 51% of the total shares in the companies described in IV.1.a.

i. With each offer, the Department of Internal Affairs shall release a statement declaring its aim to compulsorily purchase the shares required to acquire a majority within sixteen months.

c. The Fund shall be chartered to utilize its stake in the companies described in IV.1.a to achieve the following.

i. Compliance with international de-carbonization objectives.

ii. The transition to an energy sector led by publicly owned renewable energy companies.

iii. The gradual phase-out of fossil fuel extraction.

Section VI: Public Works

1. The Department Internal Affairs shall be instructed to create a New Public Works Administration

a. The NPWA shall develop, administrate, maintain and oversee public building projects.

b. The NPWA shall be led by the ranking officer for the Department of Internal Affairs.

i. Shall there be no ranking officer for the Department Internal Affairs be vacant, these duties shall fall to the President of Atlasia.

2. The ranking officer for the Department Internal Affairs may appoint a board of NPCs to assist in the development of NPWA projects.

3. NPWA projects shall include

a. Construction and Engineering

b. Renewable Energy Development and Energy Efficiency Retrofitting

c. Coding, Server Farms and Technological Development

d. Sustainable Agriculture

e. Civil Corps

4. All NPWA projects shall provide workers with the following.

a. Pay equivalent to 10% above a "living wage" determined by residency.

b. Full membership in a labor union.

c. Employment benefits delegated per project.

5. The NPWA shall operate with an annual budget of $100 billion.

Section VII: Effective Date

1. This act takes effect on January 1st, 2021.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 5-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Passed 4-3-0-2 in the Atlasian House of Representatives Assembed

People's Regional Senate (Amended Version)
Passed 4-2 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 09:39:09 PM »

The Red-Green New Deal

SENATE BILL

To address climate change in Atlasia

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in Congress assembled,

Section I: Title

1. This Act may be cited as the "Red-Green New Deal" or "RGND".

Section II: Resolution

1. We Recognize:

a. The seriousness and urgency associated with climate change must be met with swift action in order to ensure the continued welfare and prosperity of all Atlasians.

b. Those at fault must be held accountable, and the industries polluting our environment must be eliminated.

c. We must aim for a total phase-out of fossil fuels by 2035.

d. We can spark a green revolution in Atlasia and become a focal point in a new age of industry and technology.

Section III: Extraction

1. Offshore drilling within 25 miles of the Atlasian coastline shall be prohibited from January 1st, 2024.

2. The placing of new oil pipeline, other than for the use of repair or renovation of existing lines, is hereby prohibited.

a. Any update, repair, or alteration to existing pipeline must comply with existing regulation and be reviewed by appropriate local and federal agencies.

Section IV: Hydraulic Fracking

1. No new leases shall be granted by any federal agency for new hydraulic fracturing operations, new pipelines, new liquefied natural gas or oil export terminals, new natural gas storage, new ethane cracker plants, new natural gas power generation plants, or other infrastructure intended to extract, transport, or burn natural gas or oil.

2. A tax of 10% shall be applied on the profits of any firm which operates any existing lease for hydraulic fracturing operations from the 1st January 2021.

a. This tax shall increase to 15% from the 1st January 2022.

b. This tax shall increase to 20% on the 1st January 2023.

c. Beginning on July 1, 2022, the practice of hydraulic fracturing for oil and natural gas is prohibited within 2,500 feet of a home, school, or other inhabited structure in Atlasia.

d. Beginning on January 1,  2025, the practice of hydraulic fracturing for oil and natural gas is prohibited on all onshore and offshore land in Atlasia.

Section V: Utility Ownership

1. The Department of Internal Affairs shall be instructed to create a Social Energy Fund.

a. The Fund shall receive an amount equivalent to gaining public control over the top twenty five largest publicly traded energy companies headquartered in Atlasia.

i. "Public Control" is defined as at least 51% of total shares.

b. The Fund shall offer to voluntarily purchase up to 51% of the total shares in the companies described in IV.1.a.

i. With each offer, the Department of Internal Affairs shall release a statement declaring its aim to compulsorily purchase the shares required to acquire a majority within sixteen months.

c. The Fund shall be chartered to utilize its stake in the companies described in IV.1.a to achieve the following.

i. Compliance with international de-carbonization objectives.

ii. The transition to an energy sector led by publicly owned renewable energy companies.

iii. The gradual phase-out of fossil fuel extraction.

Section VI: Public Works

1. The Department Internal Affairs shall be instructed to create a New Public Works Administration

a. The NPWA shall develop, administrate, maintain and oversee public building projects.

b. The NPWA shall be led by the ranking officer for the Department of Internal Affairs.

i. Shall there be no ranking officer for the Department Internal Affairs be vacant, these duties shall fall to the President of Atlasia.

2. The ranking officer for the Department Internal Affairs may appoint a board of NPCs to assist in the development of NPWA projects.

3. NPWA projects shall include

a. Construction and Engineering

b. Renewable Energy Development and Energy Efficiency Retrofitting

c. Coding, Server Farms and Technological Development

d. Sustainable Agriculture

e. Civil Corps

4. All NPWA projects shall provide workers with the following.

a. Pay equivalent to 10% above a "living wage" determined by residency.

b. Full membership in a labor union.

c. Employment benefits delegated per project.

5. The NPWA shall operate with an annual budget of $100 billion.

Section VII: Effective Date

1. This act takes effect on January 1st, 2021.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 5-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Passed 4-3-0-2 in the Atlasian House of Representatives Assembed

People's Regional Senate (Amended Version)
Passed 4-2 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Finally!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2020, 12:42:52 AM »

Executive Order 010 (TOP SECRET, not for reading by the general public)

I'm directing the Central Intelligence Agency to plot and carry out an assassination on Eritrean President Isaias Afwerki. The attempt on President Afwerki's life shall be planned and executed by the top minds in the entire Agency.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies