Rage, Revolution, and Redemption: A Predictive Self-Insert to America's Future
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:06:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Rage, Revolution, and Redemption: A Predictive Self-Insert to America's Future
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rage, Revolution, and Redemption: A Predictive Self-Insert to America's Future  (Read 2538 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2020, 08:51:41 PM »

If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.
-Bob Dylan

I echo the words of over 70 years ago: Our long, national nightmare is over. But not by our old institutions that were destroyed in the past 2 decades, but instead by new institutions to serve the people of America. We will look back on the last so-called President of our Union and say 'Never Again'. We will look instead to the future, where demagogues shall not divide us like they have before...
-Gerald A. Smith, 1st President of the Second American Republic, Jan 20, 2045

COMING "SOON"
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 09:43:17 PM »

BRIAN

BIDEN/HARRIS 306
TRUMP/PENCE 232

Georgia had flipped. After all of his work it still flipped. Damned it to hell. It was still in recount territory, but it would be futile. Brian knew that.

And everyone's eyes were on him and his state. 2 senate races. The balance of power in the Senate would be decided in January. He couldn't ensure anything if Biden's narrow win was any indication.

But maybe he could put his thumb on the scale.

He dialed a number.

"It's the Governor. Patch me in to the Secretary of State."

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 07:37:02 PM »

The Purging

Darien Grant meticulously went through each file, crossing off names, citing inactivity. His pen ran out of ink.

"Damned it to hell, these things ain't working like they used to."

He tossed the pen into the trash and grabbed another one.

Oddly, the data for most of these folks was missing as to when they last voted. That did make it difficult to say if some people were actually inactive, but whatever. They could complain about it when they go to the precinct and find out they aren't registered. The Secretary of State said the rolls had to be purged, and damn well he was gonna purge 'em.

[The scales shift]

Yes, I'm writing these like they're TNO events kinda
illuminativampire
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 07:43:02 PM »

TNO? You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 12:27:17 AM »

Georgia on my Mind

Rev. Raphael Warnock hung his head. It was always gonna be a long shot, but he wasn't expecting this.

"Again, we can project now that Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue have been re-elected, both are around 56 percent of the vote currently, although we expect the margin to be somewhat narrower..."

Something was up. He knew that. But there was very little that could be done now at least.

"Reverend, they're waiting for you. It's a damn shame about the results."

["I know. You're preaching to the choir, and so will I."]

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 12:18:33 AM »

Talk with the Turtle

"Look, Mitch. We need to get something done. This isn't beneficial for either of us."

"I agree with you, Mr. President, but I just can't accept these terms."

Joe Biden was infuriated. This was the fifth round of negotiations, every time Mitch came back with a new demand.

But he couldn't do anything about it. McConnell's grip over the GOP Caucus was too tight.

"Mitch, you've been saying that over and over again. You know that old definition of insanity, and I ain't insane. So cut the sh**t."

"I already told you my terms. You can try all you want, Mr. President, but you know that nothing will come to the floor until I'm happy with it."

[The Turtle is rarely happy.]

No additional senators will support the GAHA.

Bidencare Fails!

After months of waiting, the Greater American Healthcare Act has flopped in the Senate. This failure is a major setback for the Biden Administration, and protests have erupted, mostly in Democratic cities over the stonewalling and failure of the GAHA. These protests have grown larger as the Build Back Better Act may meet the same fate.

[Damnit!]

American society grows further divided.
Youth voters are further radicalized.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 01:28:29 PM »

TNO? You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 04:21:13 PM »

How did Bidencare even get a vote at all? This all sounds pretty realistic so far except for Biden's legislation even getting votes in the Senate in the first place. I would expect McConnell to just totally stonewall on everything 100% to the point of not voting on anything that Biden wants in the first place. The question is to what extent does Biden respond to this intransigence with executive orders, and what is the response to that?
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 04:45:57 PM »

How did Bidencare even get a vote at all? This all sounds pretty realistic so far except for Biden's legislation even getting votes in the Senate in the first place. I would expect McConnell to just totally stonewall on everything 100% to the point of not voting on anything that Biden wants in the first place. The question is to what extent does Biden respond to this intransigence with executive orders, and what is the response to that?
Mitch wants to make a point that Biden does not have a mandate in the senate, even moreso than stonewalling it.

And you'll see.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 12:01:38 AM »

The Yankee's Time to Shine

"You really think we can get 'em on our side, Chuck?"

The office was quiet. Relaxed. A damn sight different from the streets outside, filled with protesters after GAHA. The Minority Leader had a stern but determined look on his face, like he usually did.

"Lisa for sure. Palin's gonna pull the trigger any second now. With our support Lisa wins the general for sure, without it she'd have to go Independent anyway. Ranked Choice complicates things but... I think we can do it. Mitt is much harder to get on our side. We might manage to get someone else to go for Puerto Rico though... cite their own damn platform on it. I think we can get two of our folks in there for the specials, and then with Lisa... we could get a lot of stuff done."

"Well, you push her, and I can try and get some of those folks I'm acquainted with to flip for Puerto Rico, yeah?"

"Lisa will have to wait until the right time. She'll be thinking about re-election a lot more after-"

A ping shot out.

Chuck pulled out his phone.

["Looks like that's right now. I guess our work's cut out for us, eh Mr. President?"]

Decisions to influence maverick GOP Senators will be unlocked.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2020, 07:18:31 PM »

Murky Depths

Chuck was prepared. Line charts, projected transfers for STV, the works. He was working hard for Lisa's vote.

"This would be the best solution for both of us. A straight democratic candidate would probably still lose. Many Democrats wouldn't preference you with a Dem on the ballot. Neither of us can win without the other's support."

"Chuck, you've been pushing this for months now. I won on write ins."

"That was before your Republican approvals went to 15 percent, Lisa."

Lisa sighed. He had a point. But could she really flip like this?

Yes. A maverick puts country over party.

["Alright, Chuck. I'll do it."]

1 Republican Senator will become Independent and vote on most D legislation.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2020, 09:22:20 PM »

Puerto Rico Statehood Passes!

In a shocking win for President Biden, the Puerto Rico Statehood Act passed the Senate today, with Mitt Romney voting for the bill and Independent Lisa Murkowski doing so as well. Vice President Kamala Harris broke the tie, allowing the bill to pass. The bill stipulates that elections for the state's Senate seats would occur in November, 2021, a few months away.

[Opportunity Knocks]

The campaign for Puerto Rico's Senate seats begins!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2020, 05:26:22 PM »

Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

This was not what they were hoping for.

"Well, Democrats quite obviously saw this as an opportunity to gain seats in the Senate, but it seems like the relatively unknown nature of most Puerto Rican voters caused that to backfire..."

Chuck's frustration was palpable. The one chance they had was gone now. Both Resident Commissioner Gonzalez and Former Governor Garced were headed to the Senate over Former Mayor Cruz and State Senator Bhatia (albeit by narrow margins). Maybe those two could be malleable, though. However, at least nominally, Mitch had 53 seats now. They'd need 2 to flip now instead of 1.

["It's gonna be a long year."]

Opportunity does not knock twice.
Republicans gain two seats in the Senate.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2020, 04:42:43 PM »

Government Shutdown!

Citing "Impossible demands" from the House, Senate Leader Mitch McConnell has successfully blocked the budget for all government functions. Already several thousand employees are being furloughed, and pressure to pass a budget is high. Republicans state that the new budget, despite being nearly identical to last years, is too costly, and that President Biden is "playing fast-and-loose with taxpayer dollars", as House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy put it. How long the shutdown will last is uncertain.

[This is the last thing we need right now, damnit!]

If the shutdown doesn't end soon, drastic consequences may occur...
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2020, 01:30:44 AM »

Pressure Rising

When the federal workers were furloughed, they had time. Time to fester. Time to get angry. When they were evicted, they had even more time.

Now, that time had grown to be too much. Hundreds were picketing. President Biden saw them.

He wished he could help them. He's the President of the god-damn United States! That motherf**ker McConnell was the issue.

He opened a window, and though they couldn't hear him, he shouted:

["It ain't my hide you should be after!"]

American society grows further divided.
Some federal workers will be radicalized.
Democratic popularity falls nationwide.

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2020, 09:41:32 PM »

Rising pressure suggests that something is about to pop. I await the pop and wonder what it will be.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 03:30:29 AM »

When in Doubt...

President Biden had been elected as a uniter. Now he had to divide, and hopefully, conquer. Mitch had forced his hand.

The cameras began rolling.

"My fellow Americans, I did not want to have to make this message. This was an event I have tried my hardest to prevent, but sadly, the Republican party has refused to hear the people's cries and my own words..."

[Blame it on the other side.]

Should this work, Republican popularity will drop nationwide. If it does not, there may be dire consequences...

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies