Illinois News (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:46:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Illinois News (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Illinois News  (Read 5100 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: November 06, 2020, 12:01:20 AM »

These loses are worth it. Get rid of Madigan and no more lock downs!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 12:45:04 AM »

Madigan is not driving the lockdowns, far from it.  In fact, when the legislature came back into session for a brief period in May, they blocked Pritzker's plan to punish businesses who violate the lockdown orders.  Local legislators are much closer to their constituents on this and unwilling to take any heat or difficult votes to shut businesses down.

I like Pritzker but he better hold back on any lockdowns or any more covid restrictions.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 09:38:58 AM »

Madigan is not driving the lockdowns, far from it.  In fact, when the legislature came back into session for a brief period in May, they blocked Pritzker's plan to punish businesses who violate the lockdown orders.  Local legislators are much closer to their constituents on this and unwilling to take any heat or difficult votes to shut businesses down.

I like Pritzker but he better hold back on any lockdowns or any more covid restrictions.

I wouldn’t hold your breath, he practically gets off on it.

If there are any more locksdowns people should just defy them!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 02:30:39 AM »

Madigan needs to resign, otherwise we're risking someone like Bob Dold or Adam Kinzinger beating J.B Pritzker in 2022.

I rate IL-Gov 2022 Likely Dem for now. But it could move to Safe Dem or Lean Dem (maybe toss up) very quickly.

The reason for my likely Dem rating is because it is obvious that Pritzker is going to be blown out downstate in a way he was not in 2018 with some mitigation of McLean and Sangamon counties clearly trending Democratic.

But for Pritzker to actually lose there would have to be some bloodletting in the Chicagoland suburbs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies