Arizona... 2020 fluke? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:12:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Arizona... 2020 fluke? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arizona... 2020 fluke?  (Read 3309 times)
Catalyst138
United States

« on: November 04, 2020, 02:52:40 PM »

Nah Arizona trends are a real thing. It’s on track to become Virginia 2.0.

Also Nevada only had 67% of the vote in, it’s probably going to be a larger lead in the end. Nevada always looks closer than it ends up being.
Catalyst138
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 05:41:51 PM »

AZ being this close (for both PRES and SEN) was one of the most surprising results of the election, honestly. For now, there’s more than enough uncertain variables here (potential R gains with Latinos, state becoming more of a retiree destination, heat waves/climate change, slight R gains with college-educated whites under Biden, rapid growth/out-of-state migration with somewhat uncertain migration patterns, etc.) for me to hold off on calling it the next CO/VA. I could see AZ turning into a slightly more Democratic version of NV (consistent but by no means insurmountable D lean) but I think the political future of GA is far more certain at this point. Heck, Mohave County even swung R.

That said, Republicans will have to stop the bleeding in Maricopa/Pima even if the D swing wasn’t that strong this year for the state to remain competitive.

I wouldn’t call it that surprising. The polls in AZ were never as pro-Biden as they were in the Midwest trio. The AZ polls only showed him up by 2 or 3 points. I always thought he’d win AZ by a fairly small margin (though like 2 points instead of less than 1).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies