I will now accept my accolades megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:29:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  I will now accept my accolades megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: I will now accept my accolades megathread  (Read 2786 times)
Asta

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2020, 12:11:41 PM »
« edited: November 11, 2020, 12:15:18 PM by Asta »

I posted it in the early voting thread. Democrats keep insisting on raw # of votes lead to prove their firewall is getting sturdier.

But even in early voting, they have to be doing better. At least if the polls are to be believed, Democrats should be winning the early voting battle too yet Republicans are far outperforming in that category. 400-500k lead in the grand scheme of things, considering the # of Republicans that will be voting on the Election Day, really isn't much.

If the poll said Democrats will vote at a higher rate than Republicans in early voting and it doesn't reflect so, then how else would you interpret it? That the poll is way wrong? That it's too early? If latter, I agree but at least it does warrant some reasonable concern. I have no problem with states like PA where Biden legitimately seems to be doing well. But I'm not seeing the same optimism in FL.

Based on NYT/Siena poll, Republicans are roughly 2.5 times more likely to vote on Election Day in the state. If you think for a moment how lopsided that is, 400-500k lead that people are citing seem miniscule.

I said this back when early voting was taking place for a few days in Florida. I compared the early voting with NYT poll and believed it's clearly a red flag.

I expected Democrats to turn out more than Republicans in early voting as well yet Republicans consistently outvoted Democrats. Someone suggested that it's because Republicans tend to vote during weekdays and Democrats vote during weekends so I kept observing. Nope. Republicans outvoted Democrats again during the weekend.

Even still, there were posters that believed Biden will win the state. NPA? They rarely vote overwhelming for one party. It would break 54-46 at best for Biden. With that kind of number, I knew it wasn't good enough.

Was it because I'm a doomer that I called this out as a red flag? No, I call it out for what it is. Florida tends to side with winners. And Atlas had to at least take this as a warning sign yet they didn't. They preferred to call others doomers if we don't unequivocally agree with assessment of Biden's performance in Florida.

I'm now inclined to believe that Democrats were just cannibalizing their mail votes. Heck, if you ask me, I'm not even convinced that Democrats' lead before the Election Day was any better than 2016 when they had about 250k lead or so.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2020, 12:19:48 PM »

Metro Los Angeles is more pro-Trump/less pro-Biden than I expected. Then again, the map only shows donations over $200.

Anddddd...  Los Angeles County swung R, by noticeably more than either SF or Santa Clara (San Jose).

I remember people were mocking me for suggesting that California might be maxed out for the Dems.
Except LA added 2 votes for biden for every Trump vote which still moves CA to the left.

True, but the Dems are still underperforming downballot in CA. They shouldn’t be losing all the house seats they’re losing given the national environment.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2020, 12:32:35 PM »

I was too bullish overall, but I was concerned by high turnout in Montana (by mail) and suburban Texas having the potential to turn out new Trump supporters who skipped 2016, and not being good on their own even if that turnout was necessary for a Dem win.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies