VA - Data for Progress: Biden +11% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:14:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  VA - Data for Progress: Biden +11% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA - Data for Progress: Biden +11%  (Read 3785 times)
philly09

« on: November 01, 2020, 10:37:39 PM »

Northam won by 9, so this would be an improvement.
philly09

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 11:07:36 PM »

I'm old enough to remember when it was impossible for Democrats to win VA by double digits at the presidential level because of muh high Republican floor/inelasticity/overwhelmingly R rurals somehow overpowering NoVA.
It was clearly true at the time. But, Virginia changed. Virginia is very, very likely to go for Biden by double digits. 2020 Virginia.

John Kerry could have won Virginia if he had invested the resources. It was there in 2004.
philly09

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 11:10:16 PM »

I'm old enough to remember when it was impossible for Democrats to win VA by double digits at the presidential level because of muh high Republican floor/inelasticity/overwhelmingly R rurals somehow overpowering NoVA.
It was clearly true at the time. But, Virginia changed. Virginia is very, very likely to go for Biden by double digits. 2020 Virginia.

John Kerry could have won Virginia if he had invested the resources. It was there in 2004.
I don't think so. Bush was too strong in the South and the Obama coalition types were yet to be viable voters.

I always figured that Kerry would flip VA the way Bush flipped WV. Bill Clinton didn't lose VA by that much in 1996.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies