Trump announces Nov. 1 as a day of remembrance for Americans killed by illegal immigrants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:46:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump announces Nov. 1 as a day of remembrance for Americans killed by illegal immigrants
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump announces Nov. 1 as a day of remembrance for Americans killed by illegal immigrants  (Read 1570 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2020, 07:37:32 AM »

I will also point out that the family of Kate Steinle has been marginalized, as if her life didn't matter.  She was a young woman who is dead because someone who should have been imprisoned and deported was not.  Her Life Mattered.  Her death ought to matter even more.  She wasn't someone who threw bricks through windows or wielded a Molotov Cocktail in the name of "social justice"; she was an ordinary person who obeyed the law and lived her life.  She is far more worth celebrating than many who have been ridiculously lionized. 
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2020, 07:47:32 AM »

I declare Nov 4 to be a day of remembrance for Americans killed by for-profit healthcare. It's a number almost certainly several thousand times+ higher.

Does that include abortions from Planned Parenthood, et al.?
American citizenship is conferred upon birth, so no matter what you think about abortion, those aren't Americans.

Tell that to my grandchild who was aborted.  A grandchild my wife and I would have loved and raised.

Oh my God. Your post is a complete non-sequitur.
Did Santander say in any way that aborted children are less human, or not human? No. He said that they can't be Americans, which is objectively true because American citizenship is conferred upon birth.
omar04

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2020, 11:00:00 PM »

I declare Nov 4 to be a day of remembrance for Americans killed by for-profit healthcare. It's a number almost certainly several thousand times+ higher.

Planned Parenthood is a nonprofit. Abortions are not funded by the state either due to the Hyde Amendment except pregnancies that put the mother at risk, or are because of assault or incest.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »

American citizenship is conferred upon birth, so no matter what you think about abortion, those aren't Americans.

Tell that to my grandchild who was aborted.  A grandchild my wife and I would have loved and raised.

Did Santander say in any way that aborted children are less human, or not human? No. He said that they can't be Americans, which is objectively true because American citizenship is conferred upon birth.

I will react to every post that minimizes or marginalizes the complete humanity of the unborn, who are at a state of human development you and I once were at.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2020, 10:24:32 AM »

Tell that to my grandchild who was aborted.  A grandchild my wife and I would have loved and raised.

I will react to every post that minimizes or marginalizes the complete humanity of the unborn, who are at a state of human development you and I once were at.

But that's not what Santander's post was doing, unless you believe in citizenship rights for foetuses (which is something I have never heard about before).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2020, 10:29:41 AM »

Tell that to my grandchild who was aborted.  A grandchild my wife and I would have loved and raised.

But that's not what Santander's post was doing, unless you believe in citizenship rights for foetuses (which is something I have never heard about before).

I consider making that point in that context marginalizing the unborn.

I'm an unabashed pro-lifer, and I will use this forum to advance my views on the humanity of the unborn until the day when it is declared an echo chamber.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2020, 06:22:17 PM »

I'm an unabashed pro-lifer, and I will use this forum to advance my views on the humanity of the unborn until the day when it is declared an echo chamber.
Be careful, Fuzzy. Nothing is more shameful than to claim the blood of others to score political points yourself. If you really want to convince people - and we are doing very, very, very good on this issue on Atlas - this kind of arrogant insistence on bringing it up at every opportunity will be the worst possible way to do so.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2020, 07:11:44 PM »

Be careful, Fuzzy. Nothing is more shameful than to claim the blood of others to score political points yourself. If you really want to convince people - and we are doing very, very, very good on this issue on Atlas - this kind of arrogant insistence on bringing it up at every opportunity will be the worst possible way to do so.

Good post.
By the way, could you expand on the bolded part? I have not yet seen anyone 'change sides' on this on Atlas.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2020, 11:44:06 PM »

Good post.
By the way, could you expand on the bolded part? I have not yet seen anyone 'change sides' on this on Atlas.

I'd like to see that myself.  I can't think of a single person who's changed their views.

I will bring the issue up, and frequently.  Almost every pro-choicer on this forum is pretty closed minded on this.  It is the few who still have the capacity to view every child, chosen or not, as fully human that I seek to convince.

Toning down the abortion argument serves the pro-choicers.  It does not serve the unborn.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2020, 05:08:18 AM »

Good post.

I'd like to see that myself.  I can't think of a single person who's changed their views.

I will bring the issue up, and frequently.  Almost every pro-choicer on this forum is pretty closed minded on this.  It is the few who still have the capacity to view every child, chosen or not, as fully human that I seek to convince.

Toning down the abortion argument serves the pro-choicers.  It does not serve the unborn.

Speaking as someone who is not muh pro-choicer and hates abortion, your kind of insistence does literally nothing to bring me towards your side of the debate. It may even repel me from it. Thus, what Kingpoleon said.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies