Liberal NPC Elections: November 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:16:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal NPC Elections: November 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Liberal NPC Elections: November 2020  (Read 1758 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2020, 06:09:36 PM »

I did a radio interview for Northern Marianas. I told I just saw a report on projected seal level in 2100. The island of Saipan is described as critically vulnerable to the sea level rise and change in rainfall patterns. There is a map and the western coast is more affected. It could force relocation inland. Sea level is expected to rise by more than 3 feet around the islands. This is terrible. I have so fond memories of my visit to the island. It shows the urgency to fight climate change.

I invite voters to support the Liberal party. I've shown your state is important by taking the time to visit, other party leaders did not. And I remind people we propose cooperation with Guam on education, we'll better monitor workers conditions and we will promote local culture.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2020, 07:01:54 PM »

I'm in Tampa Bay in Florida. If you are waiting for affordable housing you have to wait a long time to get a unit. In Tampa 25,000 people are on the waiting list. The average wait time can be 10 years. This has to be reduced. A third of renters put more than forty percent of their income towards rent. We will make affordable housing a priority. Every family, elderly, veteran or disabled should have a decent home. We can use zoning regulations and incentives for more affordable housing to be available. Let's be realist, we can't solve this problem overnight but we can improve the situation. Vote for the Liberal Party to tackle this issue.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2020, 10:53:36 PM »

I'm in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

The reason why this great state I am proud to live in started in here and why that many revolutionaries in the old United States live here is because of freedom. The namesake of Pennsylvania, William Penn founded the then colony of Pennsylvania is because to have religious freedom for Quakers and he fought for ideas like Democracy, where the then radicals used to bring the idea of the United States which and Atlasia fights for freedom. Under a liberal government, the government will protect your freedoms.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2020, 11:33:45 PM »

I'm in Lewiston in Maine. For hundreds of years Maine has relied on the resources of forest. The biggest part of the forestry sector is pulp and paper. There are less print newspapers. People send things electronically and don't use paper as much. We need to look at the future and the opportunities. The government will work with the industry and academic research institutions to develop an industry of the future. We'll be moving towards a bioeconomy. What is that you say?

The bioeconomy means using renewable biological resources from land and sea, like crops, forests, fish, animals and micro-organisms to produce food, materials and energy.

New technologies can convert wood pulp and forest residues to products and materials. It is possible to transform pulp and paper to renewable packaging material, bioplastic and, biofuel. The University of Maine is a leader in this field. They are developing human bone replacements, green building materials, and renewable packaging. There are opportunities and innovations in moving away from a fossil fuel economy. Trees are sustainable. We can adapt to a changing world and revitalize our rural economy.

A Liberal government will move the forestry industry to the future.
Vote for ME. Vote Liberal.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2020, 09:21:25 AM »

I'm in Madawaska in Maine. A majority in this town speak French at home. Maine is the state with the highest percentage of the population living in household in which French is spoken (3%). I will say a few words in French.

Je suis heureux d'être parmi vous ce matin. Dans quelques jours vous irez voter et j'espère que votre vote sera pour le parti Libéral. Nos candidats ont mené une campagne énergique et ils ont écouté la population. Ils vont défendre les intérêts des gens ordinaires. Sous un gouvernment de notre parti le Maine va connaître un nouvel essor. Nous somme tourné vers l'avenir et voulons réaliser bien des projets mais pour cela nous avons besoin de votre appui.

If you are young or old, live in a rural area or more urban, I ask you to go vote this weekend. Your vote count. You will decide the future of the state. The Liberal party wants Maine to be prepared for the future and we have many projects but we need your help to get them done. We have a great slate of candidates passionate about the state and who want to improve your lives.

Merci et bonne journée. Thank you.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2020, 12:08:43 PM »

I'm in Augusta in Maine. Transparency of the way taxpayers money is spent by the government is necessary for accountability and trust by the public. Maine has a website that contain the name and amount value for payments for all state agencies and boards funded by the state budget. The information is there but it's not well presented. We will make it more user friendly. It should be easily searchable and all all the information in one place. If someone wants to know who receive grants for a particular program, the information would be clear and available. We would also add information from public university on the website. We will put all state grants and payments to vendors by every department and public organizations at the same place, easily searchable by state agency, program or by name. We will give you an open and transparent government.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2020, 02:27:53 PM »

This is an ad that runs in Florida. It uses the sun / light theme of the Florida campaign.

The music during the ad is Let the sunshine in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxFz2s2lmWM

It starts with an image of the sun rising.
The quotes from previous speeches appear with images:

You can see children's face light up (image of children having fun at Disney World)

We will install free sunscreen dispensers (image of people using sunscreen dispenser)

Clean water is important to us (image of sun rays entering Everglade water)

They are a beacon of courage (image of military person in uniform)

At the end a middle age woman appear ans says: I have seen the light. For a bright future I vote Liberal.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2020, 04:10:06 PM »

We've been running ads targeting senior citizens in five states. These states are among the top 10 states with the biggest share of citizens over 65. They are Maine (20.6%), Florida (20.5%), Delaware (18.7%), Hawaii (18.4%) and Pennsylvania (18.2%.)

Split screen of two seniors, a woman and a man, talking on the phone....

Woman: so are you going to vote in the local election?
Man: yes, I always vote, it is my civic duty. Have you made your choice?
Woman: I'm voting Liberal because I secretly worship the party chair. (laughs) No it's because they have shown they care about seniors and helping them stay in their homes. They want to help us.
Man: yes, they want to make our lives better. I'm with you. I'll vote Liberal.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2020, 05:33:05 PM »

I'm in Norfolk in Nebraska. Thanks for the warm welcome. Hearing some people talk people of Nebraska are hostile so I was afraid I would see people with pitchforks. That is not the people of nebraska I know. They have always treated me politely. I know people in Nebraska like football but didn't know some like to do politics the same way: rough.

We know there will be more clean energy projects like wind and solar in the future. But they must be realised with respect to the community. If a project is built somewhere in rural Nebraska the landowner will get payments but it could cause nuisance to the surroundings. We will make sure we have good zoning laws in effect and property owners are well treated. We want to look out for citizens interest, not the companies interest. There will be a setback distance promoters need to respect so a neigbor doesn't have a structure close to the home. And promoters will have to consult the communities to express their opinions and take action to mitigate potential problems like pollution from sound or light or views. A good consultation process will increase social acceptability of projects and respect communities. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2020, 05:59:06 PM »

I'm in Humphrey in Nebraska. The agricultural sector has a role in fighting climate change. I've talk to farmers who are aware of the problem and want to do their part but don't know whwre to start. We will hire climate change counsellers who will hold workshops and do consultations. That would be free advice to farmers. They can cover topics like the best way to sequester carbon, give advice on improving soil health, techniques and technology to reduce emissions from animal manure and the role of pasture. We have all to change some of our habits to help the earth. We will help farmers achieve this.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2020, 06:37:21 PM »

I'm in Columbus in Nebraska. Our team of candidates are from Nebraska. I was prous to come to this stae in support of them. I hope you vote for them and their agendas such as respecting landowners and lowering property taxes on farmland. A farmer in Nebraska pays much more taxes than a farm just over the border in Colorado. If you are concern about centralism or power of regions I hope you take the time to look at history books or use your memory to know which party has been the most centralist in Atlasia. I think we all know the answer.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2020, 10:20:31 PM »

I'm in Bethlehem in Pennsylvania. The Liberal nominee for Governor, Steve Anderson, fights for everyone. He will use his determination and talent to convince people to attract manufacturing plants to locate in the state. Manufacturing jobs are well paid and can sustain families. Steve knows how difficult it can be to make ends meets. New manufacture jobs can be specialized and require technical and technological knowldege. Working in cooperation with local education institutions, training will be offered to have the skills set in demand for job openings. This could even be done on business site if there are enough workers and be more tailored made. This can be an opportunity for those who lost their jobs and need re-training.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2020, 11:10:38 PM »

I'm in Williamsport in Pennsylvania. I was talkling with our candidate for Governor Steve Anderson earlier and he was talking about parents trying to find the best schools for their children. Parents wants what is best for their children and a Liberal government will value education. We will invest more money in the sector. To get a good start in their education journey more early childhood education programs will be offered. We will not let class sizes get too big so students get the attention and help needed from teachers. Our goal is to increase the diplomation rate. Some students have special interest. Music education in the Williamsport district is reknowm. We will protect thos kind of programs. It keeps students interested and motivated in school. We could even offer other specialty programs like e-sports. If you value the education of children like we do, vote Liberal.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2020, 11:52:22 PM »

I'm in Lock Haven in Pennsylvania. Some physical stores in the state have complained about the unfairness of having to compete with businesses online who don't always have to charge the state sales tax. This can be frustrating for our local shops like in our small towns.  We are proposing vendors selling to residents in the state, either online or in physical store need to collect the sales tax. It will not give an unfair advantage to businesses only selling online with no physical presence in the state. There will be an exemption for very small businesses or individuals. You won't have to collect and pay the sales tax for those selling less than $30,000 in products or less than 200 transactions in the state. This should level the playing field.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2020, 10:14:09 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2020, 10:25:39 PM by Poirot »

I'm in Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Drivers might not be aware of it but the state has a bridge problem.  The road and transportation builders association released a national report. Pennsylvania did not have good results. It has the second most highest number of structurally deficient bridges in the country. In percentage of all Pennsylvania bridges it represents 16%, and puts the state at the 5th worst rank. Many of these bridges are in Philadelphia, on Interstate 95 and Delaware Epressway. This is the results of years of neglect. It has to change. We must maintain our bridges in good condition. A Liberal party government will do this. We will invest more and take care of our infrastructure.  
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2020, 10:26:22 PM »

I'm in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.

Today, I'm going to talk about the rights of the states. I believe in the rights of the states because it will bring more representation to you and you only. Under a Liberal Government, the state will fight for you.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2020, 11:11:35 PM »

I'm in Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. A Liberal regional councillor is proposing location of polling places for local elections be determined by a nonpartisan county commission. Elections are important. They elect people who will make decisions that affect everyone. We believe in democracy. Elections should be fair. They must be run in an independent way, without political advantage for a party. Sometimes choosing a location to put a voting place can be strategic. Putting one closer to a sector leaning for one party could be an advantage for turnout. The polling station could be difficult to get to by public transit, that could be a problem for voters without cars. Every voter should have easy access to the polling station. A nonpartisan commission making the decision would make sure it is fair for all. Every voter is equal the same and voters should not be disenfranchised because of polling location. A modern democracy must have fair and nonpartisan elections. We believe in democratic values. Every vote count and I invite all voters to go vote in the NPC elections.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2020, 11:39:50 PM »

Message appearing on a leaflet distributed the day before the vote in Chicago.

The population of Chicago has decreased over the last four years. Chicago needs to become more attractive for citizens. With the Liberal party in charge you will see a difference. There will be a better quality of life. The streets will be safer. The education system will be better. There will be improvement in governance of the city. There will be more economic opportunities. More people will want to come live in Chicago. Vote a Liberal mayor to get a more enjoyable city.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2020, 11:44:03 PM »

I'm in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania as well.

Today, I am going to talk about hunger.

Hunger impacts where many of our less fortunate is because you can't be focused on school when you have to work hard to get a meal. Under a Liberal Government, we will make it easier for restaurants and businesses to donate their excess food to food banks, and to have the state work with food banks by giving subsidies and other things. We will also fund more child nutrition programs and adult ones as well. If you want this, vote for Steve Anderson and your local Liberal Candidate.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2020, 11:57:47 PM »

A video done for the Maine Liberal party, put on social media and shared by Liberal supporters to their contact lists.

In this election you can put the state of Maine on an upward trajectory. With a Liberal government Maine will be a success story. We will move from tradition to the future. We have a plan and are ready to hold power. We will work for the ordinany citizens. The formidable team of Liberal candidates across the state have Maine's interest at heart. I have visited many places in the state with the candidates. Each of them ask you to vote for ME. Vote Liberal.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2020, 10:38:29 PM »

As we await the results for the November NPC elections we listen to Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

I wish our candidates and volunteers can continue to have fun even in the face of adversity. Some have tried to denigrate our campaign, made fun or insulted  some of our people. I prefer we keep being uplifting and not do like some and run on anger. Don't let others take away your fun.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2020, 04:25:07 PM »

Results come in...

Fremont
New Mexico: 19%, 10 MPs 6 Senators
Hawaii: 21%, 9 MPs 6 Senators
Nebraska: 24%,   12 MPs  6 Senators
Northern Marianas: 23%, 1MP 1 Senator

A good increase in vote share from the first poll and a finish in second place in all Fremont states is very good.

South
Louisiana: 8%, 8 Rep, 3 Senators
Florida: 13%, 14 Rep, 4 Senators
Delaware: 3% No seats

A small increase in vote share in Louisiana and a better increase in Florida. We finished in third place even though in the first poll we were ranked in fifth place. Delaware was more a standstill in fifth place even if we campaigned there.

Lincoln
Maine: 34% 54 Rep 13 Senators. Governor elected 55% vs 45% for Labor in final round
Pennsylvania: 28% 58 Rep 16 Senators. Governor 43% lost to Labor 57% on final round
Chicago Mayor: 14%

Terrific results in Lincoln states. Maine voted for ME with a big jump of 16% in vote share during the campaign. Our candidate to Governor was elected. Thank you to voters who chose another party for legislative election but elect a Liberal Governor. Pennsylvania saw a n increase of 13 in vote share. In the two states we finish in second place in vote share after starting in fourth place. A small increase in vote share for Chicago Mayor and a gain of one rank.

A great month with 222 state legislators, in third place but very close to second and a Governor. We now hold Governor in the Pacific and in the northeastern corner. It was a great effort with a high number of campaign posts so thank you to all who participated, the volunteers and voters.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies