Liberal NPC Elections: November 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:38:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal NPC Elections: November 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Liberal NPC Elections: November 2020  (Read 1765 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 09:52:41 PM »

I'm in Lincoln in Nebraska near Memorial stadium. This is whwre the Nebraska Cornhuskers play college football. The have a long tradition and are very popular in the state so we used football on the campaign banner. The red and white are for the team colors and the blue for Liberal party color.

The official song is Corn by Chris Janson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iyg3mnYBt4
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2020, 11:19:16 PM »

I'm in Omaha in Nebraska. It's the home of Warren Buffett, one of the richest person, aka the Oracle of Omaha. He doesn't think the rich are paying enough taxes. We support a progressive tax system. The tax rate should increase as the income increases. People with lower income have a lower tax rate because they have to spend a larger share of their income on basic living expenses like food and rent. It seems fair the rich should pay more in taxes.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 05:17:13 PM »

I'm in Wilmington in Delaware. 57% of the city's population is Black or African Atlasian. We want to try to give more economic empowerment to African Atlasians. They will get more workforce training and mentoring so they have the same opportunities as others in the state. Skills training is important to have good job opportunities. We want to make it easier for African Atlasians to become entrepreneurs and develop the economy. They face some obstacles and we will try to diminish them. It is difficult to have access to capital so we'll work to make it easier. People of every race make a valuable contribution to the state when they don't face barriers.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2020, 06:40:54 PM »

I'm in Middletown in Delaware to unveil the campaign banner for the state.

Delaware is the second smallest taste in the nation so the banner indicates Small is beautiful. The official song is So Small by Carrie Underwood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQj6RrQbgA
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2020, 10:03:11 PM »

I'm in Dover in Delaware. Elect a Liberal government to help children living in poverty. 16% of the state's children live in poverty.  Kids should not be hungry. They need to be fed properly. It is a condition to be able to concentrate in school and learn. We will put in place a food program in schools in low income areas, providing free healthy food to poor children. Some parents might choose to stay home to save on expensive daycare. That cuts earning potential income. We will provide low income earners an option of low cost daycare. Children will be in a stimulating environment of early learning which will help their development. The parent will be able to work and keep more money with a low cost daycare.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2020, 11:13:41 PM »

I'm in Milford in Delaware. Voters in this state have a habit of electing people from the same party. That is not good. It favors cronyism and could lead to corruption. Don't let the same group become too comfortable in power. Change is good. With new people comes a new way of doing things and dirty secrets can't stay hidden. Vote for change. Vote for the Liberal Party candidates.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2020, 06:27:28 PM »

I'm in Lafayette in Louisiana in front of the building of the state agency Council for the Development of French in Louisiana. Cajun French is in decline. There were an estimated one million native French-speakers in the state in 1968 and in 2011 the estimation is 150,000 to 200,000 people. Teaching French in school is a good way to keep the knowledge of the language but sadly this was not always easy, such as the ban of teaching French in all public schools in 1921. We will support the efforts of the Council for the Development of French in reversing the decline and especially the education efforts. We will favor bilingual education and immersion schools for students to be fluent in French. If there are not enough teachers we will recruit in other countries. There are young teachers in francophone countries interested in getting a visa to come to the country. We will also support efforts to get local Cajun culture better known through music and local vocabulary.   

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2020, 09:30:56 PM »

I'm in New Orleans in Louisiana to talk about the big investments in infrastructure needed to be made and that a Liberal government will make. The Society of Civil Engineers gave a D+ mark for the state of the infrastructure. It needs immediate attention because it is poorly maintained and not adequately funded.  Because of this Louisiana is losing economic competitiveness.

We will prioritize the type of infrastructure with the worst marks. One type is roads. More than 25% of the state's road are rated in poor condition. We want to improve the state of roads, that should alleviate repair costs for drivers, and built roads to lessen the costs associated with congestion.

Bridges received a D+. A bridge not in good condition might have to be closed or have its weight limit reduced. That causes access problems and troubles of detour and associated costs. We don't want accidents so bridges need to be safe.

The worst mark was D- and was for drinking water. 58% of water systems in the state are over 50 years old. A big investment is needed to avoid breakdowns and it's a health and safety concern. Citizens should be confident of receiving safe drinking water.

These three types of infrastructure will be our priority because they are in the worst shape but other types of infrastructure are important too and will not be forgotten. Work needs to be done but as a side effect it will bring economic stimulus.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 10:39:11 PM »

There will be an event organized by local volunteers in New Orleans in Louisiana. It takes place in the French Quarter. They have called it Flash your App. It serves to increase the download of the LibApp, the Liberal Party Application. People need to come at the location and show the LibApp on their phone and someone will give them blue beads, like in Mardi Gras. The blue is the color of the Liberal Party. They've thought about people with no phone. They can get beads also by shouting they will vote Liberal or they love Liberal party. Let's flash your App.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 11:54:03 PM »

I'm in Baton Rouge in Louisiana. The official song is Jambalaya (on the Bayou). Here it is sang by Fats Domino who was born in New Orleans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb77JJ3t_-A

This is the official banner of the Louisiana campaign. The flower is to remind of the French history and the Cajun people. The musician represents the music of New Orleans. The alligator is for the bayous. Swamps are a natural element of the state so not a good idea to drain the swamp.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2020, 07:06:15 PM »

I'm in Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. The pandemic has shown us that workers, often low-income, had to go to work even if sick because they couldn't afford to stay home. That brought up the fact many workers don't have paid leave. We want to require employers to provide a minimum of 3 days paid for sick or family leave to employees. Staying homw when sick is the responsible thing to do. You take care of yourself and you don't risk the health of coworkers and customers. And since we have to take care of our families, taking care of a child or parent would also be eligible. We need to be compassionate and value the wellness of all.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2020, 10:46:15 PM »

I'm in York in Pennsylvania. The state government should be run for the people. Politicians might be more tempted to work for themselves instead of the people if their decisions and actions are kept secret. That is why it's important to have strong freedom of information laws, so citizens are aware and informed.

Freedom of information is a tool to keep the government transpsarent and accountable. Citizens and journalists can scrutinize what is going on in public organizations by having access to their documents. Organizations have a tendency to divulge the least possible and find excuses not to release documents. There should be the least exemptions possible to refuse giving information. It is imperative there is an impartial appeal mechanism to contest a refusal to give access to documents and information.

We are committed to give the public access to government information. Freedom of information keeps people in the know about the government and knowledge is power.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2020, 11:05:06 PM »

Liberal TV Ad
This is a transcript of a ad made by the VoteLiberal PAC

The Liberal Party will fight for the Atlasian, whatever it may be infrastructure, education, crime, energy and labor rights.

If you want a government which will fight for you, vote for your local Liberal Party candidate in the local elections.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2020, 04:23:58 PM »

I'm in Towanda in Pennsylvania. Oil and gas exploitation has been beneficial for the state economically. Many counties get revenues realted to this. If we look in the future, the industry should decrease. Federal legislation will transition the country to a greener economy with more renewable esource of energy. During the transition there must be support for retraining workers who will have to find other jobs.

In the meantime, there have been serious concerns about the impact of natural gas industry. On this we have to act now. There are reports of people or animals living near gas wells that are chronically sick, especially children. Some residents water get contaminated. There is heavy truck traffic and air pollution in some communities. It is the role of the state to protect citizens from the health effect of fracking. Government agencies should not cozy up with the companies to let them do as they want. We will have more strict oversight of the natural gas exploitation, with more inspection and higher fines for rules violations. We will also increase the distance to set a well from a house, business, or school. Economic development shouldn't be done at all cost, we must protect the health of people and the environment.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2020, 05:56:55 PM »

I'm in Coudersport in Pennsylvania. There are 800,000 people in the state who do not have access to broadband connection. That is an official number but in reality it's more than that. Speed tests done across the state show in many more places the real speed fails to meet the broadband standard. It's important not not left some people behind in the digital revolution. There is still effort to be made to have everyone access to broadband. We will create a fund to finance broadband expansion and improvement. The main beneficiary should be the rural sector.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2020, 11:06:37 PM »

I'm in Pittsbugh in Pennsylvania to support a transit project, a bus rapid transit sytem that will go from downtown to the Oakland area of the city. Oakland is the location of many universities, hospitals and museums. The bus rapid system will run on exclusive bus lanes. This will be more efficient, buses will be on time and not slowed by being in traffic. This project will give a boost to the Innovative district of Pittsburgh, with easier access to medical centers, campuses, labs, offices, a hub for the knowledge based economy. Companies in innovation will be even more attracted to locate here.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2020, 03:06:21 PM »

I'm in Old Orchard Beach. We want to protect Maine's way of life and the natural coastline by banning potential oil and gas exploration and drilling in Maine's ocean water. Many jobs depend on the ocean and we can't risk oil spills or disturbances to sea life and animals. Let's just think of the fishery industry and the tourism industry who could be negatively impacted by industrial and polluting activity in the ocean.

As we move to renewable sources of energy, we will have talks with Canadian provinces who could be interested in selling hydro-electricity or from other sources of renewable energy. The state could negotiate a long terms contract at a low rate (not just a contract for peak periods). That would give us affordable electricity that is cleaner than fossil fuels. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2020, 05:25:08 PM »

I'm in Brunswick in Maine. There is a rule in the state that require personal cars to pass a safety inspection every year. This is cumbersome and cost people money every year. More than half the state don't require safety inspections. We plan to eliminate the inspection for cars aged less than 6 years. There is very low risk to have new cars be dangerous. A comparative study of insurance rates from states with inspections and states without inspections don't show a link between paying less in insurance in state requiring inspection. There is no clear relation either with having less accident with deaths with a required inspection. Mandatory safety inspections are not that useful, so it seems a good compromise to remove it for newer cars.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2020, 08:48:21 PM »

I'm in Old Town in Maine. Maine is an old state. It has the highest median age of any state and the highest share of people ove 65 years old. We will do our best for seniors to have the ability to stay in their homes as long they they wish. We will help subsidize organisations that offer meal delivery to seniors. Sometimes they have trouble preparing meals every day or eat a variety and nutritive food.

We will also make telehealth easier, Seniors could have to travel hours to consult a health professional if they live in rural or remote areas, or in winter. If they can use telehealth it could be an option to make their lives easier. We'll make it so health care plans in the state would have to cover telehealth services as they do for in person services. We want seniors to live long, healthy and at home.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2020, 09:03:57 PM »

I'm in Orono in Maine, at the University of Maine. I was just nearby in Old Town taking about seniors and we also have at heart needs of young people and students. Education can be costly and you also have to pay for materials like textbooks. We are proposing to eliminate the sales tax on textbooks. It will give a little financial break to students. Textbooks are essentials to study and they don't have to be taxed. Learning and knowledge should be accessible to all. I know some are studying for final exams so I will not disturb you longer. Don't forget to vote this weekend.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2020, 08:38:49 AM »

Speech in Lincoln, Nebraska

The Labor Party is targeting the Liberals for no real reason and with things that aren't true, such as FM's Truman's attack of the Liberals for being eastern elitists and centralists, despite it being blatantly false, with the Liberal Party being a uniting party across the political spectrum and this great country. The Liberals are a party which fights for federalism as well, and isn't centralist which means "the concentration of power and control in the central authority of an organization". The Liberal Party has supported the rights of the regions and always will support the rights of the regions unlike what many in the Labor Party thinks.

Former President Pericles doesn't understand what centralism is, centralism isn't conservatism, it means that the power is concentrated in the Government and instead of the regions.

Read, my words, the Liberal Party will unite the country, not divide it and unlike the Labor Party, we don't attack people for no reason.

So, to reiterate my points in this speech, the Liberal Party will unite, not divide this great country and isn't a elitist or centralist party despite what the liars at the Labor Party would like to say about us.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2020, 09:56:06 AM »

I'm in Chicago to support our mayoral candidate. Sadly I have witnessed inequality while visitng the city. Education is a tool to combat inequality. There are many children coming from households who do not have English as first language like recent immigrants. They can have more trouble at school because of language proficency and affect many years of thier schooling. We will give more resources to city schools for non-English speaking students.

We also want to make change to school governance by having a fully elected schoolboard. I think it's better than having city officials control the schools. The community will elect the school board representatives directly so they will be elected on education issues and projects. It will improve the accountability of schoolboard managers and reflect the wiill of the community.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2020, 12:33:16 PM »

In Nageezi in New Mexico. Native populations have a rich history and New Mexico must cherish it. We need to keep important Native objects and artwork in the state and stop the selling and exporting of items identified as sacred by Natives. Culturally important objects should stay here, near the people, to keep the patrimony.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2020, 02:12:42 PM »

I'm in Alliance, Nebraska

Unlike the Labor Party, who uses historical figures from more then a century ago and does tells lies about how the Liberal Party is a party of eastern interests, the Liberal Party is the party of Atlasian interests, we have a plan for agriculture.

Under a Liberal Government in Nebraska, the state will set up a program that will invest into farms across this great state, and this will help farmers prosper and a Liberal Party will help this great state.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2020, 05:39:13 PM »

I'm in Little Havana in Florida. Many in this community have links to a country with a totalitarian regime. I want to tell you the Liberal party will defend your freedoms we enjoy here in this country. We favor a democratic country with many political parties. We will defend people who speak their minds and who express a diversity of opinions. We are against political witch hunts and abuse of power by the government. I understand the fear of an arbitrary justice system. Some years ago I was arrested and put in jail for an ivented infraction of ponyism while I was in a political camapaign. Fortunately I was not in jail for too long and I could count on Atlasians to demand my release. It must be terrible to live under a dictatorship. The Liberal party will fight for democracy and your freedoms.

Viva la libertad, viva nuestro país libre y democrático. Vota Liberal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies