Are tossups for cowards? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:11:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  Are tossups for cowards? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are tossups for cowards?  (Read 12613 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 21, 2021, 02:13:00 PM »

Depends. Directly preceding an election, people should avoid tossups (replacing them with tilts), but earlier in the cycle a couple of tossups are fine. What isn't fine is when any and all competitive races are rated tossup, and only the obvious ones aren't. Because the point of a prediction is to be specific. I can tell you the outcome of every single senate race in 2022 (which party wins, not the specific winner of the race), except for GA; NC; NV; AZ; NH; WI and PA - all the competitive elections. I'd be sure I was correct about the other ones. But my prediction would still be useless since it would be incomplete and avoid hazarding an even remotely audacious guess, and just stating the obvious (anyone can 'predict' that CA, OR, WA, CO, IL, MD, NY, CT, VT and NY will go blue and that UT, ID, ND, SD, KS, OK, AR, MO, LA, IN, KY, IA, OH, SC, AL and FL will go red - what matters is the residue of states, where the outcome isn't as obvious).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies