Arguements you disagree with for policies you agree with (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:18:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Arguements you disagree with for policies you agree with (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arguements you disagree with for policies you agree with  (Read 586 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« on: November 01, 2020, 02:08:28 AM »

Policy I agree with: Marijuana legalization.
Argument I disagree with: "People should have the right to do it"

I mostly just want to stop putting people in prison for it. I couldn't care less about the freedom to use it.
Huh weird. I'm the opposite. Obviously I don't want to put people in jail for it but my core philosophy is government (or any other authority) shouldn't really restrict peoples freedom to do what they want. That goes for drugs, guns, protests, anything like that.

So that's again why I'm not a huge fan of the pro gun crowd even though I'm not a big fan of gun control or weapons bans. They usually use arguments like "good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun" or they have a sign like "no trespassing violators will be shot survivors will be shot again". Shockingly, those same people tend to jump for the "HE HAD A GUN" arguments when justifying police killings. Funny isn't it? I'd rather just protect the right to bear arms because I think people should, again, be able to own what they want without having their freedom infringed upon. It's not too complicated but gun activists try and use different arguments (like crime) to play into the naturally authoritarian mindset that a majority of people, especially a majority of conservatives, have.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies